forum

Is this old tablet good enaugh for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KillBottt
So I found an old Wacom tablet (I think it is called "Wacom XD 1212-u") in my basement a few days ago and experimented with it on osu.
I really like playing with a tablet and thing I will permanently change to it (while playing osu that is) but I'm kind of scared I'm not getting the best performance out of it because its very old.
My question is if you guys think (since there is nothing on the internet about the tablet) if it has any disadvantages compared to for osu common used Wacom tablets (such as the hover hight, its pen, its latency, its refresh rate, its resolution (if tablets work that way?)...).
Keep in mind that raw imput doesn't work with it since the cursor will just get stuck in the upper-left corner, and that it has a slight delay when switching from hovering to dragging, which was a problem for many other osu players with tablets a few years ago but non of the fixes that helped them, worked for me.
So if I can use it without problems (except for the raw imput and freezing when touching the screen ones), since its huge (see link below) I can't just use full screen area and have no ideal what size to use, so could you guys give me any preferences (what pro players or you (no offense) use) or details of the size of your tabletscreen?
And can you guys give me a recommendation what tablet to buy with < or = 100 euros if the old one is trash.

Thanks in advance!
KillBottt

A photo I made of the tablet:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=677

ps: I'm sorry for my bad english and wierdly constructed sentences.
pss: Sorry for the repost!
Velura

KillBottt wrote:

I really like playing with a tablet and thing I will permanently change to it
Keep in mind switching from mouse to tablet won't be easy or a quick process, also it will not make you "insta-gud"

KillBottt wrote:

if it has any disadvantages compared to for osu common used Wacom tablets
englando plz :P I do not think you will find noteable disadvantages compared to other wacom tablets. However newer models might be more versatile or have more optimized drivers.

KillBottt wrote:

and that it has a slight delay when switching from hovering to dragging, which was a problem for many other osu players with tablets a few years ago but non of the fixes that helped them, worked for me.
Then decide on either hovering or dragging and stick with it.

KillBottt wrote:

so could you guys give me any preferences (what pro players or you (no offense) use)
You shouldn't copy or imitate other players' tablet areas, experiment around and see what you like and what works best for you :o

KillBottt wrote:

And can you guys give me a recommendation what tablet to buy with < or = 100 euro if the old one is trash.
You could get lucky and find a CTH/L-480 on ebay (as I did) for roughly 60-70€, you could buy a HUION H420/420, XP-Pen G430 or the Gaomon S56k
my name is hi
I'm not too experienced with tablet on osu, but I heard good reviews about this one (and it's pretty cheap)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM ... 3cd017ddc9
Topic Starter
KillBottt
Thanks for the answers and suggestions :)