forum

osu!catch Secret Santa "Modding Queue" 2017

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Please do not move this to modding queues subforum, it's intended as purely a holiday event, and then it will be closed.

Introduction

Hello! It's time for another year of seasons greetings and gift giving in our wonderful minigame world. Since last year's queue was a pretty notable success in the way modding activity was increased for the holiday season, I've decided to reorganize and reproduce the event for the 2017 season. To put it simply, this is an event where each week you will mod one random map, and also receive one mod for yourself. Each week's events will always be 100% random, defining the "Secret Santa" part of this event! The goal once again is to help promote modding activity for the holidays and increase positive interaction between beginner and experienced modders alike. This event will run for 8 weeks, starting in the first week of November, and ending on the last week of December.

How it works

Since I think I posted it too late last year, in order to get some extra attention and give people time to decide, I'll be opening this early purely for recruitment purposes. Starting from today until November 4th, mappers and modders can sign up to be a part of the first week of this event by posting in this thread. If you sign up, please send your map selection to me via forum pm. Week 1 will start on November 4th (a Saturday). On that day, you'll receive a pm on the osu!site which shows you the map that you'll be modding this week. During that week, the only requirement is that you mod that map to the best of your ability but don't post the mod yet! After 1 week has passed, on November 11th, everyone will post their mods on the same day in order to create one big day of mods. The next day (a Sunday), you'll receive the map you'll have to mod for the next Saturday, and so on. If you want to drop out at the END of the week, please notify me so I can remove you. Please don't drop out in the middle of the week, as that leaves someone without a mod, and that's not cool.

Rules

1. You MUST be willing to mod maps. If you only want to receive mods but not give in return, then this event is not for you. The purpose is to create an environment in which players can willingly give and receive!
  2. You must post your mod on the day specified. Posting early ruins the suspense of who you got!
  3. Don't ruin the fun for others. Telling people preemptively who their secret santa is ruins the fun of the event, and that's not good!
  4. If you do not give a mod to someone, you will not be allowed to participate for the rest of the event. This is the time to put differences aside and enjoy the holiday season!
  5. Please give a map that a majority of the playerbase is able to play. If a low rank player gets your 9* marathon map, it won't be fun for either party.
  6. Don't belittle someone's modding skills. This event is even for new people, so additionally you should help them improve as well!
  7. Please be kind to everyone!

Have fun, everyone, and happy holidays!
Hareimu
aaaa won't be able to send my yomi yori
this seems like a good thing so I'm already in anyway
Sanyi
count me in as I already stated in discord
JierYagtama
^ same as above
Jemzuu
If jeir joins, then i join

count me in uwu
BoberOfDarkness
dont forget about reading rules and 'how it works' :^)

If you sign up, please send your map selection to me via forum pm.
Razor Sharp
im in!
Divine Cake
Im in
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Post is updated to this point, lots of people this year, nice job :D
JBHyperion
holy shit this is already like double the number of people we had last year

keep em comin
celerih

JBHyperion wrote:

holy shit this is already like double the number of people we had last year
Nice to see that the community is growing!

Pretty excited for this queue, I hope it's going to be fun
wonjae
add
Topic Starter
Ascendance
The first week of entries has gone out! If I made a mistake, for example, giving the wrong map, please contact me so I can fix it ASAP. If I forgot you, please let me know also. First time doing this since last year so maybe I did something wrong. Make sure you follow the rules in the post, and thanks to everyone who joined!
walaowey
oh ya, just wondering, wont time zone difference ruin the surprise too? xD
like some places will hit 11 nov earlier
Topic Starter
Ascendance

walaowey wrote:

oh ya, just wondering, wont time zone difference ruin the surprise too? xD
like some places will hit 11 nov earlier
As long as it's all on the same day within a manageable time, I think it should be ok. Worked last year at least, since of course it's impossible to be perfect