forum

(Relax) Allow for pausing again within 1 second

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Scarlet Evans
Why pausing with Relax requires to wait a second, before you can pause again? I mean, playing normally one could try to "abuse" it and pause before every circle or so, at least on slower songs, but is there a need for that with Relax?

I don't really think there is a need for that, as Relax is mostly non-competitive, as well as unranked anyway. More like a training mode. Some people play it in Multiplayer though, but you can't pause in Multi anyway ;-)

Reasons for pausing can be thousands, like: you unpause the game, but you want to fix your grip, so you try to pause again. However, you can't, because of the blockade.

Maybe Relax mode should allow you to pause whenever you want and don't restrict you, like the ranked gameplay does? I don't think there's need for that restriction with unranked modes, as they are mostly for training purposes and are yet another way to simply enjoy the game, just without PP gain =)
Endaris
Just fix your grip just right. Play it again.
As Relax is an irrelevant mode, there's no need to do adjustments for it specifically if you ask me.
Last but not least I would suspect osu! to have a problem with properly pausing in really short intervals rather than keeping people from cheating because after all, pausing is almost always a disadvantage while playing.
abraker
I dream of a day relax would be competitive
Sandy Hoey
If you are using relaxed as a way to practice for competitive in a non-competitive environment, then you should play with conditions that are as similar to competitive as possible :thinking:
abraker

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If you are using relaxed as a way to practice for competitive
That's where the assumption can be wrong