forum

Using 1/12 or 1/16 for mapping vocals/melody

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonny6155
Is it rankable to use 1/12 or 1/16 AT ALL, if the song requires it?

In the particular scenario for which I am using 1/12, I am trying to map to a segment of the vocals of Kurokami Midareshi Shura to Narite, 150BPM. The vocal note seems to lie exactly on the 1/12 scale and I personally cannot feel an offset at all when I map accordingly (basically it feels natural). Btw, I'm already using 1/6 all throughout the map.

Should I just round to the nearest beat because it is negligible? And what about in the cases where it sounds off?
Or should I just give up and map the rhythm, because I'm boring like that? :P

The song is Kurokami Midareshi Shura to Narite, and part I'm mapping atm is the beginning few lines of 0:32 - 0:45.

Thanks to all replies in advance! :D
Rin Desu
I dont think 1/12 or 1/16 is nessecary to map this song. Maybe u got your offset not correct and thats why it sounds off?
JarvisGaming
Why would you need 1/12 or 1/16 at all?
Rossi
someone that first time in mapping usually use 1/12 and 1/16, lol xD

excluding me,, I just use 1/8 ;w;
KazukiP
There’s no reason as to why it wouldn’t be mapped otherwise it wouldn’t be an option. ¯\_(ツ)_/ there’s a song with the bpm of 20 (just a stupid example), playing it with 1/12 edits would be like like the speed of a normal map. It can vary dramatically by how quickly you have to click from bpm to bpm so yes it is rankable and that’s why!

- tl:dr - ye, u can rank