forum

Halozy - Song of an Anxious Galley

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 7 октября 2017 г. at 18:18:18

Artist: Halozy
Title: Song of an Anxious Galley
Source: 犬猫的電子座曲
Tags: 東方萃夢想 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power アサヒ 夕月椿 ambient electronica experimental
BPM: 90
Filesize: 5581kb
Play Time: 03:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Anxiety (3,53 stars, 503 notes)
  2. Rumination (2,1 stars, 266 notes)
Download: Halozy - Song of an Anxious Galley
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Peter
Lune Normal
00:00:312 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - spacing of these slider with reverse arrow is weird sometimes its too big and too small also shapes feel random
01:05:978 (4) - fix blanket
01:42:645 (2,3,4) - spacing of these looks weird + i would change look of 01:43:645 (4)
When Kiai starts lot of overlapping happening i would consider changing that
01:52:978 (2) - sharp is weird would make http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9207988
02:03:645 (2) - ^

Normal
00:56:312 (2) - weird shape i think you meant that http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9208009
00:57:645 (4) - fix blanket

Anxiety
01:47:478 (2,3) - too close
Topic Starter

PeterEU wrote:

Lune Normal
00:00:312 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - spacing of these slider with reverse arrow is weird sometimes its too big and too small also shapes feel random
01:05:978 (4) - fix blanket
01:42:645 (2,3,4) - spacing of these looks weird + i would change look of 01:43:645 (4)
When Kiai starts lot of overlapping happening i would consider changing that
01:52:978 (2) - sharp is weird would make http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9207988
02:03:645 (2) - ^
Yeaah, you've made it clear for me, I'll take this diff down, otherwise I'll spend more time remapping it.

Normal
00:56:312 (2) - weird shape i think you meant that http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9208009 - yep
00:57:645 (4) - fix blanket - I didn't mean to make it a blanket, but why not ~

Anxiety
01:47:478 (2,3) - too close - Not a problem
Thanks for the mod ~
Osatia
General

• AR6 and OD6 is too high for a Normal, consider lowering it to something like AR4, OD4.5

AR8.6 and OD8 is way to high for a Hard, consider lowering to AR7, OD6.5 or something like that.

The diff names seem pretty random, Insomnia to Anxiety doesn't quite make sense. Unless it's from the source or something consider changing.

You have two images in your Song Folder although you only use one, remove the one you aren't using
Insomnia

• You should always use Distance Snap on a Normal.

Why do you stop using long sliders at 00:17:645 (1) - even though it's the same sound.

00:21:645 (1,2) - Incorrect blanket.

00:28:312 (4,1) - Incorrect blanket.

00:30:978 (4) - This slider really doesn't look good, you can make it smoother without an image.

00:31:978 (1,2,3) - You shouldn't use triple stacks on a Normal.

00:34:978 (3) - This slider doesn't look good, and I don't see a reason to always mention them so just go through the map and fix them.

00:38:645 (3) - Way to hard to read for a Normal, don't stack it on the previous object.

I think I will stop now as you don't use ds for this diff so spacing is random. Also fix blanket throughout the map and sliders.
I won't do the Hard.. spacing is random in both diffs and you I feel you just map the way you feel and don't consider that it's a certain diff, like some jumps in the Anxiety diff make no sense. Good luck.
Topic Starter

Waku wrote:

General

• AR6 and OD6 is too high for a Normal, consider lowering it to something like AR4, OD4.5 - I don't really wanna, but if anyone else will point it out I'll do it :(

AR8.6 and OD8 is way to high for a Hard, consider lowering to AR7, OD6.5 or something like that. - I probably won't lower the AR , but I'll surely lower the OD

The diff names seem pretty random, Insomnia to Anxiety doesn't quite make sense. Unless it's from the source or something consider changing.- I might rename "Insomnia" diff if I will come up with something more fitting. As for the "Anxiety" the whole song is sort of based around it, so I see no reason to rename it

You have two images in your Song Folder although you only use one, remove the one you aren't using
- I didn't even noticed it, thanks for pointing out.

Insomnia

• You should always use Distance Snap on a Normal. - Why ?

Why do you stop using long sliders at 00:17:645 (1) - even though it's the same sound. - Yeah, the sound is the same, but I wanted to distinguish(can I even use that word here?) where the map actually begins. (I'm dumb, sry TwT)

00:21:645 (1,2) - Incorrect blanket. - fixed

00:28:312 (4,1) - Incorrect blanket. - fixed

00:30:978 (4) - This slider really doesn't look good, you can make it smoother without an image. - I've changed it a bit

00:31:978 (1,2,3) - You shouldn't use triple stacks on a Normal. - Maybe, maybe not ~

00:34:978 (3) - This slider doesn't look good, and I don't see a reason to always mention them so just go through the map and fix them. - I'll ty to find some of this and fix them

00:38:645 (3) - Way to hard to read for a Normal, don't stack it on the previous object. - As long as the AR is 6 and you're not blind you can read it. I don't really know why mappers treat begginers like a retard that can only play linear flow.

I think I will stop now as you don't use ds for this diff so spacing is random. Also fix blanket throughout the map and sliders.
I won't do the Hard.. spacing is random in both diffs and you I feel you just map the way you feel and don't consider that it's a certain diff, like some jumps in the Anxiety diff make no sense. Good luck.
- yep, I rarely give a f*** about what diff I'm making as long as it expresses the song :)

Yeah I usually don't use DS since I consider changing between grid snaps more than enough sometimes.
My spacings and patterns most of the times may seem random, but they have some logic behind it (if you can even call it a logic)
I usually suck at making lower SR diffs since I can't really express music the way I want it to. Anxiety was the only diff that I enjoyed making.
So I'm greatful for you to mod "Insomnia" diff , since most of my concerns are about it.

Thanks for the mod ~
suryae
hello there
add to metadata
-add ''アサヒ'' and ''Asahi'', he's the arranger
-add ''夕月椿'' and ''Tsubaki''
-add Halozy
-add ambient electronica experimental, those are this music's genre
-add ''犬猫的電子座曲'' and ''Dog and Cat-Like Electronic Song Compilation'', it's the album the song came from
-add ''砕月'' and ''Broken Moon'', it's the original song by ZUN
-add ''Touhou'' and ''東方''
Anxiety
-this map has some large jumps. instead of making this map a hard diff, consider making this one insane or lunatic diff
-I recommend checking out this map for reference https://osu.ppy.sh/s/221954 it's a debatably pp farming map, but it's a good slow jump map. or this one that is not a jump map, but suits well to this kind of music, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/557231
- 00:25:645 this slider miss a beat in the middle. I suggest increasing the slider tick rate
- 00:28:145 there is no sound here, remove the circle
- 00:32:812 add a circle here
- 00:42:978 this slider miss a beat in the middle
- 00:44:312 also miss a beat
- 00:48:312 also miss a beat
- 00:49:645 also miss a beat
- 00:57:645 also miss a beat
- 01:04:312 starting to this point onward, this beatmap is good
- 01:22:978 though this slider miss a beat in the middle and I don't want to point out which one misses a beat, instead I recommend try to not ignore the guitar
- 01:51:312 but don't change this slider
- 02:00:978 owo growing sliders
- 02:45:645 this slider and the following 3 sliders except for the short one miss a beat, but it's not a problem this time
- overall this map has a lot of potentials. good job

Rumination
- change all slider velocity changes to 1.00. noobs can't handle those SV changes xd
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBlmgfQfC0 this video explains well how to map a normal diff
- this map is not yet suitable for beginners, don't be so harsh on them ;)
about the gd that I promise, there is a lot of stuff going on, and I also have to remap the diff, sorry if the map is coming out late. but, i have some ideas on the map, such as using cs 2, so be patient please :cry:
Topic Starter

suryae wrote:

hello there
add to metadata
-add ''アサヒ'' and ''Asahi'', he's the arranger
-add ''夕月椿'' and ''Tsubaki''
-add Halozy ( It's already in the title, why do I have to put it in tags ? )
-add ambient electronica experimental, those are this music's genre
-add ''犬猫的電子座曲'' and ''Dog and Cat-Like Electronic Song Compilation'', it's the album the song came from - (I've actually put it as a source)
-add ''砕月'' and ''Broken Moon'', it's the original song by ZUN
-add ''Touhou'' and ''東方''

Thanks for that ~

Anxiety
-this map has some large jumps. instead of making this map a hard diff, consider making this one insane or lunatic diff
-I recommend checking out this map for reference https://osu.ppy.sh/s/221954 it's a debatably pp farming map, but it's a good slow jump map. or this one that is not a jump map, but suits well to this kind of music, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/557231
- 00:25:645 this slider miss a beat in the middle. I suggest increasing the slider tick rate
- 00:28:145 there is no sound here, remove the circle
- 00:32:812 add a circle here
- 00:42:978 this slider miss a beat in the middle
- 00:44:312 also miss a beat
- 00:48:312 also miss a beat
- 00:49:645 also miss a beat
- 00:57:645 also miss a beat
- 01:04:312 starting to this point onward, this beatmap is good
- 01:22:978 though this slider miss a beat in the middle and I don't want to point out which one misses a beat, instead I recommend try to not ignore the guitar
- 01:51:312 but don't change this slider
- 02:00:978 owo growing sliders
- 02:45:645 this slider and the following 3 sliders except for the short one miss a beat, but it's not a problem this time
- overall this map has a lot of potentials. good job

Rumination
- change all slider velocity changes to 1.00. noobs can't handle those SV changes xd
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBlmgfQfC0 this video explains well how to map a normal diff
- this map is not yet suitable for beginners, don't be so harsh on them ;)
about the gd that I promise, there is a lot of stuff going on, and I also have to remap the diff, sorry if the map is coming out late. but, i have some ideas on the map, such as using cs 2, so be patient please :cry:
Ok, First - Rythm is up to me, I'm not changing it.

"this map has some large jumps. instead of making this map a hard diff, consider making this one insane or lunatic diff" - I'm not the person who cares about SR while mapping, I only focus on representing a song. If map turned out to be "Hard" it doesn't mean that I wanted it to be "Hard" , it's this game damned problem. That is basically a reason why I don't name my maps as "normal", "hard", "insane" and all that shit.

Also, if you were smart enough to find me references for my map, why weren't you so smart to actually understand that both rythm and concepts in maps that you've linked completely differ from mine ? Patterns in their maps don't even fit this song properly.

Second: I've watched most of pishifat's videos and the one you've linked me as well and I AM concerned that my "Normal" diff ignores everything he says. Yet, I don't really wanna chage it since "noobs can't handle the SV changes" only because they haven't encouter any. In other words making them deal with shit in early game is better. ( And my beloved fucking ranking criteria of course doesn't think so =...= ).

Third: I've already forgot that you were even doing a gd for me , sry TwT . Tbh I'm fine with the mapset I have now, but if your map will be interesting I'll add it to my current mapset. ( btw, using CS 2 sounds kinda scary :? )
suryae
Ehh fair enough. But don't mad at me please. I'm new to modding.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.