forum

[resolved] osu! is running but it's not showing up on screen.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IrisKit
Problem Details:
As the subject says, I get my osu! to run, but I'm not seeing it on screen.
No Audio whatsoever. I can see it running in Windows Task Manager but no run.
I've tried reinstalling the game; ran as Admin; ran osu!Repair, problem still persists.

---------------------------------------
osu! version: 20170731.1beta
Faye

IrisKit wrote:

Problem Details:
As the subject says, I get my osu! to run, but I'm not seeing it on screen.
No Audio whatsoever. I can see it running in Windows Task Manager but no run.
I've tried reinstalling the game; ran as Admin; ran osu!Repair, problem still persists.

---------------------------------------
osu! version: 20170731.1beta
Heya, I'll try to help as best I can - but can you answer a few questions first?

Have you tried launching it from a windowed client?
What OS are you using?
Any similar issues in other programs?
Do you have any potential hardware errors internally?
Are all your hardware drivers up to date?
Topic Starter
IrisKit
I'm always playing on Windowed Mode.
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Nothing that I can think of.
I don't think so.
They should be updated.
Death
Do you have two monitors?
Topic Starter
IrisKit
I only have one. It's Acer, but I don't know the model.
Dntm8kmeeatu
osu! isn't minimized to the task tray is it? (don't see how it would get there on launch)

can you alt or win+tab to it?

I doubt it will do anything, but you can try repairing osu! by holding shift when launching the osu! executable, and waiting for a special dialog menu to appear, from there select "repair osu!"
Death
Try right clicking on the task in task manager and bringing it to front or maximizing it.

Since you were able to repair osu! I am assuming that dialog is showing up at least. Try starting the game in full screen.
Topic Starter
IrisKit

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

osu! isn't minimized to the task tray is it? (don't see how it would get there on launch)

can you alt or win+tab to it?

I doubt it will do anything, but you can try repairing osu! by holding shift when launching the osu! executable, and waiting for a special dialog menu to appear, from there select "repair osu!"
It doesn't show up in the System Tray.
I cannot Alt+Tab/Ctrl+Tab/WindowsKey+Tab since there's no Application to select.
I've already tried using osu!repair before I posted in Help. It didn't really do much.

Death wrote:

Try right clicking on the task in task manager and bringing it to front or maximizing it.

Since you were able to repair osu! I am assuming that dialog is showing up at least. Try starting the game in full screen.
If you're talking about osu! showing in the Applications tab inside Windows Task Manager, it's not there. It only shows up in the Processes Tab, telling me that it is running it's just that there's not showing up; no audio; no window. I just did my 17th osu!repair (since the time I found out my osu! isn't working). I also tried running it Fullscreen, still no go.
Topic Starter
IrisKit
Thanks for the help guys!

I fixed it through copying all the files and putting them on another hard drive and putting it back again!

Really appreciate the help!!
Dntm8kmeeatu

IrisKit wrote:

Thanks for the help guys!

I fixed it through copying all the files and putting them on another hard drive and putting it back again!

Really appreciate the help!!

Interesting.