forum

Option to render the Scorebar UNDER Hitbursts.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
theMikeAG
I've seen numorous circumstances where a hitobject ended up under the scorebar and just looked terrible. This is a major problem in older beatmaps, but this can still be seen in some new ones too. Sometimes, even if the hitcircle itself isn't under the scorebar, the hitburst stretches out and also looks terrible.

If the score bar was layered under the hitobjects hitbursts instead of above, like it is in Elite Beat Agents, these circumstances wouldn't be nearly as problematic. You wouldn't get ugly overlap or obscured hitobjects and skinners would have to worry about their hard made skins being murdered by the Black Line Of Death. Maybe also apply this to the scorenumbers?
mm201
Sounds more like a bug to me.
OzzyOzrock
YEEEEAAAAAAHBecause how fair is it that I can poke the bottom of the screen but not the top.
awp
Nah, MM's right. If a hitobject is appearing under the health/score bar it's a design error on the mapper's part.
Topic Starter
theMikeAG
I've done some thinking about this, and I'm changing my request to only rendering the hitbursts over the scorebar. Hitcircles should avoid ending up under the scorebar in the first place, but sometimes you simply can't help the hitbursts reaching out that far, especially if you're using a large hitcircle size.