forum

[duplicate] Challenge Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Thonkung
This idea has been brought up in the last years I think. This isn't a duplicate because paradigms shift.

Summary: The Osu! Challenge Mode is a remake of the DDR challenge mode. This mode is where you play a collection of maps, in succession & in order, without stopping or pausing. It will be a casual game mode mainly meant for multi. It will be for all game modes.

Explanation:
Making an Osu! Challenge: A player must make a collection of maps and their exact difficulties. Once that is done, the user then must select "convert to challenge" somewhere.

Submitting a Challenge to the Osu! map listings: This is where this feature could be shot down at due to money to run bancho and forums... Submitting a challenge is simply clicking on some sort of menu option, then uploading it like a beatmap. Ranking will be explained in the playing section.

Downloading: The challenge will look like any other beatmap listing. The listing contains what maps are contained, the average ratings for AR, CS, OD, etc, and other junk. Download the challenge file anyway you like. Once downloaded, in your map list, the challenge will act kinda like a collection. The top map will be the challenge. The maps below are the maps contained in the challenge. If a map is grey and not downloaded, clicking on the map will open either your browser or Osu!Direct (supporter). In multi, where the map is will be the collection of the challenge maps, but collapsed and smaller. Once again, if a map isn't downloaded, it will be grey.

Play: Any mods can be applied, but will be active for the whole map. EZ lives will reset every map. Pausing isn't allowed. If you double press escape in solo, the results screen will show. In multi, you quit the game as usual. Also in multi, you can fail but still play (unless you ran out of stamina). When you play, before every map, a little display will show the difficulties for about 3 seconds or longer if players are out of sync in multi. You will play a map one by one in succession until you fail or finish the last map. Once complete, the results will show your score. You can see every score for each map. The individual map scores will show up on your local leaderboard. No PP will be rewarded at all. On the bottom of the screen, people will be encouraged to rate the challenge. When a challenge gets a good amount of positive ratings, the challenge can have an online leaderboard.

Why would anyone want this mode? Just to have a little bit of fun with skill and endurance. :)

:!: Please make sure you read every sentence before commenting. :!: If my writing or usage doesn't please you, I'm honestly terrible at writing.
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate: t/2902?hilit=endurance

Thonkung wrote:

Be mindful before posting
Topic Starter
Thonkung

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Duplicate: t/2902?hilit=endurance

Thonkung wrote:

Be mindful before posting
That post is for an endless mode. This post is for playing collections in succession.
Sandy Hoey
This one is a request for playing through a playlist (collection) and was still marked duplicate to the one I linked

t/484347?hilit=marathon
Topic Starter
Thonkung

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This one is a request for playing through a playlist (collection) and was still marked duplicate to the one I linked

t/484347?hilit=marathon
Not specific enough. If you actually read, I mentioned that these Challenges are to be shareable and ranked if possible. I don't find the other posts bump worthy.

I already knew I had to defend my post for it to stay relevant.
Sandy Hoey
Specificity shouldn't matter if the premise is the same. Just add your "details" onto the other threads