forum

Looking for advice on learning to read higher AR's in CTB

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
So I can play generally anything up to AR9.3 very comfortably. AR9.4 is readable but a bit uncomfortable and then AR9.5+ I start making mistakes as I get behind the patterns. I think in order to progress I need to start learning mods in CTB (just been playing nomod up to this point) I really want to learn HR but the AR10 just wrecks me everytime even if it's just on Platter difficulties that are default AR8 + HR I can't read it.

So I am wondering if I should just keep practicing higher AR and eventually I'll be able to read it
If I should try looking at a different spot on the screen to read the notes (higher/lower)
Also any other general tips for a player at my level (if you think I am not ready for mod play and think I need to play more nomod I am fine with that)
MBomb
A technique I found works quite well is playing some AR11 for a bit (About 10 minutes works), and then once you go down to AR10, it'll seem like a lot more of a normal speed after looking at AR11 for that long, and it does make it feel slightly more comfortable to play, at least in my opinion.
If that doesn't help, looking higher up on the screen is another helpful technique, and using HD can aid this if you have trouble doing that.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Hmm I can give that a try, kinda the reverse way that I usually warm-up. I usually start with easier maps and then go to harder once I am warmed up but I could try that out.
PakaChan
AR is just a number