forum

Beat Snap Divisor Help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SirAsian
Hi there, I recently started beatmapping and I am very inexperienced with it. I noticed something called the Beat Snap Divisor, and I set it to 1/16 so that I can move my notes on the timing bar to the exact rhythm of the song. However, people tell me that it is not recommended to use 1/16, and it is best to use 1/4. However, when I tried it out, when moving your notes on a 1/4 bar, the notes never match up with the rhythm, and I find that only in 1/16 I can match the rhythm to the note. Am i using the Beat Snap Divisor incorrectly?
Endaris
If you can't get a good result with the Beatsnap-Divisor, it is very likely that you made a mistake in timing the map.
Take a look at any ranked map to see how 1/4 are usually covering the entire song, anything above 1/6 is rarely needed and 1/16 pretty much never.

In your specific case of Galileo Galilei - Aoi Shiori you did not time the map at all! Take a look here to learn how to properly time a song: t/121202
Once you succeeded the thing with the Beat Snap Divisor will solve itself without any further do.
Topic Starter
SirAsian
Okay, thank you! I will try that out