forum

[Archived] Ridiculous lag on inputs/keypresses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tzechi
Problem Details:

Basically while playing any mode, if I press the keys too fast, the game starts lagging. If I play taiko/mania and play too fast, screen tearing and lag in general intensifies. Effect on std and ctb isn't too noticable given the significant decrease in keypresses (compared to taiko and mania) but it is definitely there. My fps does drop when this key press lag happens as well. I can't even hit all keys in 7k because my game goes from 240fps (cap) to around 100-200. Pretty horrible.

Help please :<

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Please let us know what keyboard you're using.
Topic Starter
tzechi

Nikosbks wrote:

Please let us know what keyboard you're using.
Razer Blackwidow Stealth, Tournament Edition
Lacrimosa
Hmm, I can't seem to find similar issues regard your keyboard. Have you tried playing with Compatibility Mode enabled? If not, give it a try and see if it makes things run better.

By the way, you are not running osu! through Steam by any chance, are you? If so, don't because it might be the reason why this is happening.
Topic Starter
tzechi

Nikosbks wrote:

Hmm, I can't seem to find similar issues regard your keyboard. Have you tried playing with Compatibility Mode enabled? If not, give it a try and see if it makes things run better.

By the way, you are not running osu! through Steam by any chance, are you? If so, don't because it might be the reason why this is happening.
I've tried compatability mode and I don't run osu through steam :/
Pachiru
Is your computer good enough to play osu! without having lags? Or maybe try to enable the settings "Detect performance issues" usually, it tells you why you have some lag spikes randomly, I know that it do same for me, so... try it.

Beside this, I can recommand you to close anything that could run in background to let your computer getting focused on osu! only. And you can also disable some special graphic option on the settings, cause I know that some graphic extras are making the game slow if the computer is not good enough.
Contrarian
How recently has this started?
What has changed on your computer or in osu settings between when it worked and now?
Topic Starter
tzechi

neatvidya wrote:

How recently has this started?
What has changed on your computer or in osu settings between when it worked and now?
For some reason it started like maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago? No changes in osu settings, I do download a lot of bs on my PC though.
Topic Starter
tzechi

Pachiru wrote:

Is your computer good enough to play osu! without having lags? Or maybe try to enable the settings "Detect performance issues" usually, it tells you why you have some lag spikes randomly, I know that it do same for me, so... try it.

Beside this, I can recommand you to close anything that could run in background to let your computer getting focused on osu! only. And you can also disable some special graphic option on the settings, cause I know that some graphic extras are making the game slow if the computer is not good enough.
Yeah, my pc is definitely good enough for osu e_e. Played osu on a laptop really smoothly, but when I switch to something like a flash game it runs at 20 fps, and it's the reverse on my pc. Runs osu really choppily, and runs everything else really smooth.

Detect performance issues never really said anything to me e_e
Pachiru
That might be dumb, but your graphic card drivers are updated? Usually it does update automatically, but I've heard that a new Nvidia update came out recently, so maybe it can probably correlate.
Topic Starter
tzechi

Pachiru wrote:

That might be dumb, but your graphic card drivers are updated? Usually it does update automatically, but I've heard that a new Nvidia update came out recently, so maybe it can probably correlate.
Nah, no relation I think