forum

[Archived] [Multiplayer] Crashing after pressing "Preview Gameplay"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
Problem Details:
You know you can press Ctrl+O to open options in any place (most)
So one day while I was switching skins while inside a lobby
I accidentally pressed preview gameplay
and then whole osu crashed.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
None: Really not needed.

osu! version: latest stable
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this happen every time? or was it a one time thing?
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
bump because it consistently happens and still happens so yep bumping this
Death
Do you get a crying Pippi when you crash? If so, click on her and paste the contents of the message here.

If not, next time you crash follow this guide to get the event viewer log and paste that here.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Seems replicable. My game doesn't crash but fully locks up for a couple seconds and then throws an "Unable to load beatmap" error.

Since Lazer is in the works, chances of this being fixed I would say is low. Especially since it's such a specific and non-major issue.

All I can say for now is, Don't do that lol.

(Also, how has no one reported this before? Unless I just can't find the thread. Seems like something someone else woulda found a long time ago)
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
I think for some good pcs itll just hang up and says unable to load beatmap

Death wrote:

Do you get a crying Pippi when you crash? If so, click on her and paste the contents of the message here.

If not, next time you crash follow this guide to get the event viewer log and paste that here.
It doesn't show pippi because it isn't a crash caused by a inside error/bug: it's rather a freeze-then-crash situation here

This is important to me since I sometimes DO miss the change skin column then rather pressed the preview gameplay button (sad laif)

EDIT: ok i somehow dont crash now, but instead locked up and then around 20 sec later can get back in.
not rly a major issue then