forum

Osu!Mania ranking system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ItsMakii
is there a reason that I am not ranking up anymore in osu mania? I will get an S rank on a 4.5-5 star map and not rank up at all. I have deranked about 1000 places because of this. EDIT: I just got a 98.60 percent on a high pp map and got -1 rank. this system is fucked
Sandy Hoey
Check to see if your plays are being submitted. Are they in your top plays?
Topic Starter
ItsMakii

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Check to see if your plays are being submitted. Are they in your top plays?

yes they are being submitted. Idk why its not ranking me up but i know i should be
Full Tablet
You need to get near-S in maps that are 5 stars or higher to get a significant amount of pp.

If you want to get some ranks in the short term, you could play some maps that are over 5 stars with HT (Half-time) mod (you don't have any HT plays currently and there are many high star rating maps that are very overrated)
Bobbias
Ok, so here's a bit about how PP works.

In order to figure out how much PP you get for something (which osu just ranks players from most PP to least), it doesn't just add up every single play you make. That would make it no better than how the score system used to work before PP was introduced.

Instead, the PP calculator for players looks at your top 100 best plays. It ranks them from highest PP to lowest. Then, it reduces the amount of PP you get from each score as it goes down the list.

Your highest PP score is worth 100% of whatever it says the score is worth, but your next score is only worth 95% of that PP value. The next score after that is worth only 95% of 95%, or 90.25%, and it keeps going down the list.

If you had 100 scores all worth 100 PP, you'd only get 1888.75 pp instead of the expected 10,000.

This means that if you haven't gotten better in a little while, and most of your top say... 20 scores or so, are pretty close together, you're not going to get much PP at all unless you get a really good score on something hard (for you). Fluke amazing scores on stuff will give you PP, but an average play on something probably won't help any more.

Basically, this means that the better you get, the harder it gets to actually get PP from a score (unless you're so good that you can get an amazing score every time a REALLY high SR map gets ranked)

You CANNOT farm plays at the same difficulty level of maps and expect to get a higher rank, you need to actually get BETTER scores than your top scores in order to gain any reasonable amount of PP.
Vladimir Puchin
The osu! pp system is weighted, which means unless you make some very high pp play that can get to your top 10 plays, you will gain pretty much minor and negligible increase in pp/rank.
Now, to the ez pp pool.
Do this with HT.
Do that with HT.
Do last 3 diffs with HT.
Do this with HT.
Do last 2 diffs.
Do this.
Do these stuff with DT.
All maps picked are around your level. Should give you at least 1000 ranks.
Veracion
puchin pp provider #1
but yeah you need to make better and better scores if you want to keep gaining ranks