forum

Relax Actually Helped My Reading Skills? o.O

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MarshallRules
So about 2 months ago I suffered from a left wrist injury, (which has just recently gotten better :D ), and during my 2 month "break" from osu! I decided to play relax on a large variety of maps because I was itching to play as much as I could. I didn't really think to much of it as I just played relax on all kinds of different maps. Fast, slow, high ar, low ar, you name it. So 2 months go by and I start playing again with the keyboard and of course I had to get used to the game once again, and am still working on getting my streaming abilities and just speed in general back, but what I have noticed is that I am able to read maps a lot better. It's weird since I haven't used the keyboard in 2 months for osu! but my acc on maps are going up by far, my snapping is a lot better, and I can read long jumps for my level that I used to have difficulty with now with ease. I just found it interesting and thought I would share my experience. Has anyone else gone through something like this? Let me know. :)

Edit: The reason I felt like posting this was because I always hear it's not worth people's time to play with Relax on, and I just found myself improving at a much larger rate than usual using it. :oops:
Sandy Hoey
Reading has nothing to do with the keyboard or even your mouse. It is all about how you understand and process the information and the speed at which you do so. That is why you can train it, even without the use of a keyboard

People normally say it isn't worth because you are leaving your other skills behind and this is a game that requires all of hose seperate skills to play
chainpullz
I'd say following maps along in editor is a bit more useful because you can easily do double takes or simply pause to look at things in detail when you feel you misinterpreted/misaimed something. Relax isn't terrible though as long as you're still aware of each note you would have missed had you been playing it without relax enabled.
ManuelOsuPlayer
For 99% of people focus only on one thing give better performance.
It's better learn the things one by one unless you are confident enought