forum

A Possible Usage for the Now Deprecated Approval Section

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
voynich
The Approval section used to serve as a section that had a leaderboard,but didn't meet one of the original four basic ranking criteria rules (marathon map,no full difficulty spread,etc) and served as a fairly welcome addition to osu!,but since has been abandoned during its merger with the Ranked section.

The Loved section appears to be doing what was originally used for the approval section,just a bit more lenient on what is allowed and its community driven aspect.

My suggestion plays in around this part.

What if we split the current loved section into two groups?One of those groups would remain with the original title of "loved" and be for maps like Future Candy,fan favorite maps that focus on things like technical maps with no full spread at less than 5 minutes long,maps that focus on gimmicks such as Solace of Oblivion (ming ver),or maps in general that are incredibly good on its own but don't have the spotlight due to the breaking of a few rules of rankability,like Burnt Rice.

And another section would take the name of "Approved",which would comprise of maps like Dead to Me or R U Still xxxx,maps that challenge a player's ability and are a community favorite,but don't rely on special gimmicks.

I'm recommending this because at the moment,people are treating the loved section like a second place to go if you can't reach ranked status,with maps like this (no shade just using as an example) going into the loved section because they see it harder to reach ranked than spamming SP.Also because they're currently revamping the loved system,so it's better to get this out quickly rather than wait for the new system,complain about it,and go to this system (which we still might find a way to complain about,but that's what this forum post is for!).

also prevent stuff like this

What do you guys think?