forum

High star diff + low acc vs Lower star diff +high acc?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bishamonten
As you can see by my profile, I play relatively high star difficulty maps for my rank, but have trash accuracy (88%). My friends told me to try lower star maps and improve my accuracy, but I don't feel it helps me to get better at the game. I am not currently searching to gain ranks, only to improve on the overall game. So should I listen to my friends and go back to 4 star maps and try to fc them or should i continue trying to pass harder and harder songs?
7ambda
low star, high acc

high star, low acc in moderation
KupcaH
Both. But mainly focus on what your friends are saying.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

Both. But mainly focus on what your friends are saying.
this guy knows
Celine
Balance both of them
Go for challenging FCs without retrying 10000x
Ryoid

BWSnoob wrote:

Balance both of them
Go for challenging FCs without retrying 10000x
And don't forget to pass some shitmap while you where at it
Its help you with reading and don't retry the same map all over and over again for FC'ing a map
Its bad for your reading if you keep doing this
Celine
I was a victim of the retry incident
Now I'm a 2k moron with very high amount of hours gg
Teh Kotak_old
Playing all kinds of map helped me alot
mulraf
i have the same problem :/ can't acc. but lately it's gotten better. honestly i think it's because i played a bit more taiko and it seemed to help out my rhythm sense or tapping acc since acc is much more important there and you only focus on tapping but ofc you shouldn't just start another gamemode to get better in standard :P
anyways. enjoy game pls. and personally i don't see anything wrong with high sr, low acc. but it shouldn't be the only thing in your osu!laifu.
autoteleology
What skin do you use?

I personally find that using pretty much any skin other than the one I'm in the process of making results in a severe decrease of my accuracy.
ManuelOsuPlayer

MaxNightcore wrote:

As you can see by my profile, I play relatively high star difficulty maps for my rank, but have trash accuracy (88%). My friends told me to try lower star maps and improve my accuracy, but I don't feel it helps me to get better at the game. I am not currently searching to gain ranks, only to improve on the overall game. So should I listen to my friends and go back to 4 star maps and try to fc them or should i continue trying to pass harder and harder songs?
Keep playing hardest song you can while you don't mash your keyboard.
When you get stucked at for example +5'3* you will be forced to acc better to pass 90% of those maps, so yeah, play hardest and hardest songs will force you to improve all your skills, also acc if you don't want to keep diying by hp drain.
I improved my acc at 5* maps tons being 95% of my plays around 7*.
But also remember the AR from +5* start to being mostly 9 and +9. So you will never be able to play 3* maps fc high acc playing only +5*.
Just take care don't hurt yourself and don't play maps where you don't know wtf it's going on, or play them spamming keys or swimming with the cursor without hitting shit.
Also there are a lot of things to learn from 2*, 3* and 4*. Some of then are really important to tap and aim at 6* maps.
Fxjlk

MaxNightcore wrote:

The reason why its good to try improve areas you are bad at is because it gives you the best results for the least effort. Imagine that your skill level can be summarized by the equation:

Skill level = aim * accuracy * speed

Assume
aim = 2
accuracy = 1
speed = 3

Therefore Skill level = 6

If you can add 1 to any of these skills which would be the best choice? If you do the math it shows why accuracy is the best area to work on. Only 1 point is added and skill level is doubled.

Additional info
Please note that different skills have different weightings to how much it effects your skill level. Also pp is somewhat related to skill level but different skills are rewarded more highly so a large increase in skill level does not always equate to a large increase in pp. Also to stay that skill is modeled by a simple multiplicative equation is a gross simplification and was only used to illustrate a point