forum

[duplicate] Local 'Ghost' mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
frisbii
Hello!
I've been playing osu!mania (could technically still work for other modes) for a while now and I'm stuck at a difficulty range I can't get past, so for pp, I've played long maps and tried to improve my scores on them for more pp. My, rather minor, problem is that when I'm super far into the song I'll realise how far I am from beating my score and so I'll have to restart.

The idea I propose is to have something like multiplayer, but against your own replays. You can choose like a maximum of eight or so replays and when you're in the game it'll be like multiplayer, they'll gain score relative to the replay. This would be useful early on in the song, I might be like 100,000 below the top or in like 5th place and realise that I'm not doing too good so I can restart earlier on.

Another idea is to have the tab button cycle through the different modes, leaderboard off, leaderboard on and against your highest scoring play on that map. I'm not sure how the cycling thing would work (if at all) but it's a suggestion.

You might be thinking, looking at the side mid song is a little distracting. Well... :P
I do it already so no problems for me :?

I'm not entirely sure how replay storing works either, so I guess that could be a problem but I guess we'll see :D
O2MasterFX
so the goal is to restart the song early to reach higher score? If it is, then nope. If you're trying to improve your skill, then just finish it. It's useless since it's only for offline gameplay
Sandy Hoey