forum

Tournament Template Generator

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
So currently the Gameplay & Ranking > Tournaments forum is kinda a mess. So many tournaments have vague titles leading you to have to click on each of them and read through the text blurb to figure out if this is even type of tournament you are looking for (which half the time vital information is missing such as GAMEMODE!!!)

Also I think a lot of people don't really know what information should be given to players for a tournament creation thread. So my idea is to make an option for this sub-forum beneath the standard "New Topic" of "Create Tournament"

This would then take you to a simple template form where you check boxes and such to give players information on your tournament.
Information could be left blank if still TBD and then edited by the person who creates the tournament later. Also then just like in the beatmaps page people could search and find tournaments that meet their filters.

Some ideas for info that could be contained in this form:

1. Tournament name (Fill in box)
2. Gamemode(s): (Check Boxes: STD, Taiko, CTB, Mania, Other)
3. Rank restrictions: (Radio Selection: No, Yes (If Yes boxes for Max & Min rank fill-in))
4. Team size: (Radio Selection: 1, 2, 3, 4)
5. Score Mode: (Radio Selection : V1,V2, ACC, Combo)
6. Elimination Style: (Radio Selection: Single, Double, FFA, Round Robin)
7. Tournament Dates: (Calendar Pop-Up: Select Dates)
8. Other restrictions: (Fill-In Box(ie specific country based tournaments and such)
9. Tournament prizes: (Fill-In Box)
10. Expected Mappool Difficulty: (Fill-in Box)
11. Other Important information

This could be expanded upon further, just some thoughts I had.