forum

Ability to change ANY Editor Hotkey

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +46
Topic Starter
Noffy
I tried to see if there was a thread for this through osu's and google's searches as well as some manual looking but couldn't find one..

As of now, quite a few hotkeys in the editor are not changeable on the user's side.

These include:
scale , ctrl+shift+s
rotate ctrl+shift+r
changing samplesets shift+q, shift+w, shift+e, shift+r
changing additions (the set used) ctrl+q, ctrl+w, ctrl+e, ctrl+r
reversing selection ctrl+g
flip horizontally ctrl+h
flip vertically ctrl+j
and more!

I believe giving a user making a map in the editor to decide these and other hotkeys for themselves would help them to make an easier, friendlier editing experience. :)

Many of these hotkeys are straight-up uncomfortable to use on a daily basis. For example, the flip horizontally and flip vertically tools feature letters entirely across the keyboard from the left ctrl key. Using the right ctrl key would require removing one's hand from the mouse, a big inconvenience for something someone mapping could be doing quite often.
As defaults they are ok, but there should really be the option to change them. All of them.

Plus, if a user such as myself tries to use rotate, the chances of accidentally changing the sampleset or addition of the object to drum is pretty high. If changing any of those three commands were an option, this problem would never happen again!
Caput Mortuum
ya
Nitrous
probably wait for lazer?
Nao Tomori
everything is wait for lazer
johnmedina999
Might as well close the subforum if this is the response for everything.
O2MasterFX
We need some place to dump those requests, you know?
After lazer, the whole forum will go into wasteland, replaced with new fresh forum.
Hollow Delta
I have a small keyboard, so having to use 2 hands for some shortcuts never even came to mind.

Good suggestion. Would star when I can.