forum

Singletapping or full alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rupertion
I've played taiko a bit, I'm still really bad, but I've heard that full alternating is much better in the long run than singletapping.
However, I've had lots of difficulty full alternating (can't even do 1*s), and I know lots of people switch from singletapping to alternating, so my question is:
Is it better to learn to singletap and switch to alternating later once I've learnt to read patterns? Or is it better to suck it up and alternate from the beginning? Or maybe just ignore alternating altogether?
Thanks
BabySnakes
You should first learn how to alternate basic patterns in 3-4* maps (kkk ddd ddkkd kdddk, etc..) And then once you're comfortable with your patterns you should try to start full alternating.
Topic Starter
Rupertion
I will try that, thanks.
DeletedUser_4050493
Full alt. I'ts normal everyone have hard starting time with it, but it will pay u for satisfying result if u train ur speed and accuracy (For now I'm stuck at Oni and mastered some pattern with full alt: ddkkd kkddk dkkdk kddkd ddddk kkkkd and I still learning for this pattern kdddk dkkkd dkdkk kdkdd) I think my goal for now is able to S any 3-4.5 Oni with 98-100% Accuracy by the end of this year :D