forum

Regarding Suitability of my Video

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bargeld
Hello,

I am mapping a gachimuchi meme song. As some of you might know, the meme references adult content.

From the Ranking Guidelines:
There must not be any obscene imagery in the background/storyboard/video content. This includes nudity, near-nudity, sexual references, violence, drug abuse, etc. Keep things PG, suitable for ages 12+.
Now, there already is a Ranked Gachimuchi Beatmap, amongst others.

So by that definitions, the audio itself should be okay.

Now, I have the option of using the Original Uncensored Video

or

using a Censored Version that meets the YouTube guidelines against nudity etc. and is available to all ages

Now, osu! isn't YouTube and I'm not really sure which version would be sufficient to meet ranking criteria, if any of them are.

Please advise me on the following:

1. Can the original Video meet ranking criteria? After all, it's just a meme, and all the gentlemen in the video either have their pants on or are sufficiently censored.
  2. If the Original doesn't cut it, does the censored version?
  3. Is the Audio even able to meet Ranking Criteria?
  4. Should I just give up?
Input is much appreciated, especially from those with either authority or experience in this matter. Thanks in advance.

PS: My obviously unfinished mapping attempt can be found here.
Rivals_7
Why dont you just, not using video at all? :^) even the censored version still shows partial nudity. I'd say that is still doesnt safe enough for RC even if its meme. Its also shows butt with mosaic censor which is questionable.

The audio is from me!me!me! Right? Considering we have the ranked version of me!me!me! As well which is ranked not so long ago, its should be ok

Also your map reference is ranked in 2010 which is falls under different RC so its unrelevant.

oh and also the BG doesnt seem to be suitable for RC. I suggest to change it

Just my 2cent