forum

Let's talk about osu!lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
__Thanatos__
So, obviously I'm new to the game but I found out about the upcoming osu!lazer, it's still in development but I gave it a try and honestly... It's pure garbage.
The UI, the HUD, the ranking screen, the song selection and so much more.
It all just too overall modern and over-used, I've played games so modernistic and weird like lazer before and honestly they're just so awkward and uncomfortable.
Atleast if peppy is make lazer the official version I hope he makes sure we can switch back to our current one, cause I seriously prefer this one ALOT.
What are your opinions on lazer? Let me know, cause I'll read it.
Sandy Hoey

__Thanatos__ wrote:

So, obviously I'm new to the game but I found out about the upcoming osu!lazer, it's still in development but I gave it a try and honestly... It's pure garbage.
Pachiru
You can say that you don't like this version, without using the word "garbage" which is very salty, and offensive.
Nitrous
Unless you can come up with something better than flyte. That statement is utterly offensive. For me the new UI looks very modern and new and I like it very much.

I can hear in the distance flyte and peppy hiring hitmen to get you.
abraker
Stop complaining and make something better. 95% of this game is based on a community driven model
Ephemeral
What is it specifically that you prefer about the current client over osu!lazer?

Not being a fan of the design is fine, but much of osu!lazer is already significantly improved over the current client as far as user experience goes.
7ambda
So you're not used to it, right?
nagywywy
So far for me:

song details on the side with bars (plus more detailed info) instead of being on the top corner
    new sounds
    can (finally) change volume by scrolling in the song select menu, not just in the main menu and during a song
    overall song select menu design
    loading screen
    tiny things like password shows up as lines instead of dots and how the cursor changes direction depending on where you are sliding it in settings
Dislikes:
  • main menu layout (personally preferred it more vertically then horizontally but I can live with it)
    circles' skin
    cursor (both basic and especially during a song)
    health bar taking up all of the space on the top
    combo and accuracy being in the top middle
I think it's definitely going in the right direction. More smooth and modern imo, but everyone has their own preference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Endaris
All of your "dislikes" will be subject of customisation through the player.

My personal dislike at the current point that you no longer need to hold "Alt" when changing volume in song select screen because this can easily cause me to unintentionally alter the volume when i want to scroll through the song list but don't aim properly.
And also that the options menu won't close on showing the chatmenu by pressing F8 but that's really picky I guess.
Overall things are going for the better and much stuff still has to be implemented.
Sorun
I'm excited to see osu! going in a new direction and I think the animations within hit circles is pretty cool. Hopefully they can get it to use the same or even less resources then osu! uses now.
JMC
one thing I don't like in the current osu!lazer and current osu! client: scroll Option panel I don't know peppy make that scroll Option based on user input or just personal peppy idea

my personal opinion: scroll Option is nice for touch screen like tablet/smartphone because they have small screen area and operating with hand gives a more interactive impression, but most of osu! player using a pc/laptop that has a large screen area and not touch screen, make Option panel scrolling and smaller is like not taking advantage of the large screen size in pc and scrolling with mouse is a pain, personally I rarely do a scrolling in Option panel, thanks to search function
Anemic Witch
I think osu!lazer is great. There are some design choices that I don't personally like but I hope that we will be able to fix things with some new skinning engine. Otherwise I will prefer to stick around the old client (I think it will be treated like fallback is being treated now).
Nimfox
yo the lad doesn't like osu!lazer. dont fuckin come to defend your god, peppy :^)
sure he might not have specified his likes and dislikes, but yeesh, whiteknights much
Yukin008
The Game looks pretty nice so far but one big problem is left peppy, if u can increase the performance of lazer and remove this delay while playing the game. What I mean with delay is that the timing does not feel like osu in lazer... If its not possible give us the choice to stay in the old osu.
Vantre
I hate many things about osu!lazer, the new look is just bad because it looks like other games trying to be good but they aren't, gameplay feels different and really weird...and when osu!lazer will come out i won't ve able to play it because my potato-computer won't run it (i played it on different computers where it runned at stable 60fps) i always thought osu! Was a game that anyone could play and have fun with, alnost every computer nowdays runs it in stable 60fps
Im really sad that osu!lazer will be future client because everything in the new one is just...not the same as it should be
Everyone here may disagree but i have really good memories with this client and just changing everything doesnt feel right...im not trying to say "osu!lazer is the worst game", im trying to say that "osu! Is the best game and i love it as it is now"
I'll probably quit osu after osu!lazer is released
Zelzatter Zero

Foxy Senpaiiiii wrote:

I hate many things about osu!lazer, the new look is just bad because it looks like other games trying to be good but they aren't, gameplay feels different and really weird...and when osu!lazer will come out i won't ve able to play it because my potato-computer won't run it (i played it on different computers where it runned at stable 60fps) i always thought osu! Was a game that anyone could play and have fun with, alnost every computer nowdays runs it in stable 60fps
Im really sad that osu!lazer will be future client because everything in the new one is just...not the same as it should be
Everyone here may disagree but i have really good memories with this client and just changing everything doesnt feel right...im not trying to say "osu!lazer is the worst game", im trying to say that "osu! Is the best game and i love it as it is now"
if then, bye.
wowcake

Foxy Senpaiiiii wrote:

1. The look of the game (UI, etc) isn't final yet, in fact, there are refreshement of it coming soon

2. Further optimization will come later, you should be able to play it when it fully arrives

3. Yes, the gameplay might feel a little bit off, some of them aren't final, and some are (change to slider, scoring system etc)

4. You could give the team a feedback, or just try to get used to it, to see how good it actually is!
McEndu

Wowcake wrote:

Foxy Senpaiiiii wrote:

1. The look of the game (UI, etc) isn't final yet, in fact, there are refreshement of it coming soon

2. Further optimization will come later, you should be able to play it when it fully arrives

3. Yes, the gameplay might feel a little bit off, some of them aren't final, and some are (change to slider, scoring system etc)

4. You could give the team a feedback, or just try to get used to it, to see how good it actually is!
For point 1, quite a few designs are completed but just didn't get updated lol
7ambda

Foxy Senpaiiiii wrote:

Stable is built on a lot of legacy code; that creates a lot of issues with implementing future development/code revisions. Since Lazer is completely rewritten from the ground up, it should technically perform better and be more optimized than the current client (provided you can launch it). Remember that everything is subject to change. What you fear is normal; lots of people in the community share your sentiment.

Remember that Lazer, even current osu! to a large extent is community-driven. Even this website (https://osu.ppy.sh) had its UI overhauled just a few years ago. Here's how it looked before: http://web.archive.org/web/20160211011902/http://osu.ppy.sh/

Quite a radical difference? You bet a lot of players weren't happy with it initially. Instead the team made design changes that would be more agreeable with the community, as well as giving everyone months to gradually transition to the current website (you could choose between the old and new layout at the time). Expect the same treatment with Lazer as it continues development. If you and the community really don't like something in it, then it'll be revised until most people find it suitable.

Also I want to emphasize that the team accepts community feedback seriously. Read https://twitter.com/ppy tweets for proof, or check https://github.com/ppy/osu for what changes are made and suggested.
howee168
i think it is better if the beatmap both osu or osu lazer are link
show more