forum

[Forums] Staff/Peppy Post Info on Feature Requests

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Erebos
Have you ever gone to look at a popular feature request, only to have to swim through a sea of useless posts, and bumps, only to find actual replies by staff far and few in-between? I definitely do on a regular basis, and I hate spending valuable time scouring a single post for a status on the request when I could be enjoying this wonderful game! This is why I propose...

~|||~ Informational Sidebar(s) for Replies posted by Staff, Peppy, and Moderators ~|||~

I propose that whenever you are on an page of a Feature Request, there be a small non-intrusive sidebar that displays all the posts from any/all staff, moderators, and most importantly peppy! That way you can head straight to the official osu! staff posts on any Feature Request, saving you time by bypassing spam, bumping, and miscellaneous additional requests !

~|||~ Features ~|||~
♦ Non-intrusive, Floating sidebar (Left or Right does not matter for https://osu.ppy.sh)
♦ Name of poster (Color-coded to match staff ranks)
-♦ Followed by as much of the message as can fit in the predetermined box size with an ellipsis (IF required)
--♦ Timestamp (Does not need to be real-time)
---♦ Possible Hyper Link/Move button (Takes to page of post) *Especially useful when full post does not fit in post notifier!*
Possible Colored stars on Feature Request Forum

~|||~ Screenshots of Proposed Features ~|||~

To wrap this up, I'd like to ask for feedback, be honest (I know all of you are brutally honest :P )! I just wanted to point out how this would make searching through posts easier. From a glance, anyone could tell if a project has had official feedback, which can also be beneficial to peppy and the staff members! I like to think that if all Moderator posts were to show on the sidebar, that it would prompt more meaningful posts on their behalves.

[i]Seriously, if any part sounds awful or useless, let me know, especially if you have helpful input/insight and/or better mock drawings!
Caput Mortuum
Might be useful, but only from the devs. I believe the GMT and Support Team have no control over the game's development. If they post in a feature request, it's either a regular support or just putting the thread down. The former is not important, and the latter can be easily found inside "Completed Requests".
O2MasterFX
Yeah, I don't think this is makes devs or mods go interest in adding feature requests whatsoever, even peppy himself rarely seen posting around here. Current searching is good enough, based on what we want to search.

If for whatever reason they post here, it's either years ago, thread moving, or informing peoples about invalid or duplicate requests.
Endaris
"staff members"
The only relevant staff members for this subforum are peppy and perhaps smoogi.

The problem with this subforum is that it grew extremely large with no good overview over requested features and over the years star priority became something that could be contributed by few individuals in decent amounts.

The future of feature requests will be the bounty system. When lazer is done, users will have the possibility to implement feature requests themselves and make requests to have them added to the official osu!client. This would probably kill about 80% of requests because they can be done by client-side manipulation or extending the functionality of the osu!-site.

Last but not least you should at least apply your suggestions with the layout of the NEW site in mind
Topic Starter
Erebos

Endaris wrote:

"staff members"
The only relevant staff members for this subforum are peppy and perhaps smoogi.
The problem with this subforum is that it grew extremely large with no good overview over requested features and over the years star priority became something that could be contributed by few individuals in decent amounts.
The future of feature requests will be the bounty system. When lazer is done, users will have the possibility to implement feature requests themselves and make requests to have them added to the official osu!client. This would probably kill about 80% of requests because they can be done by client-side manipulation or extending the functionality of the osu!-site.
Last but not least you should at least apply your suggestions with the layout of the NEW site in mind

I appreciate the feedback and I didn't know about the 'bounty' system. Also, not to be rude, but you do realize it would be the EXACT same layout if it were added to the new site. I respect the fact that its likely not going to be needed however, thank you for letting me know.