forum

So, I finally installed osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Semaphia
'allo o/

I've been aware of osu! for several years, but for some reason, I just never decided to take the plunge & install it... Until last week. Not sure if that was a mistake or the best thing I've done in a long time, as the game already has me pretty hooked.

Don't feel like I'm progressing too badly, but I'm under no illusions: I'm old (well, I'm almost 29), slow, and frankly incapable of some of the ludicrous stuff I've been seen over the last few years - But who cares, right? Game is fun, I'm enjoying playing it, I can feel my improvement, and I'll continue to enjoy it without worrying too much about being a bit naff. (PS: Spinners can go die in a fire).

As for joining the forum community... I just love the playful sarcasm & laid back passive aggressiveness I've seen everywhere :D Feels like this'll be a good place to hang out for a while.

Oh yeah, about me... I'm an ugly fat British guy. Woo!

Cheers o/
Sandy Hoey
You definitely made the right choice. And you are totally right about spinners. They were my downfall to when I started playing. Want to FC this map??? To bad, it has a spinner... xD
You should go check out the off-topic forum. It sounds like you would fit right in there
vizzy
Welcome to the forums!
Topic Starter
Semaphia
Thanks both for the welcome :)

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You definitely made the right choice.
I'm not sure I did. osu! has me unironically enjoying Katy Perry (covers)... That's a pretty alarming sign, honestly!

Sandy Hoey wrote:

And you are totally right about spinners. They were my downfall to when I started playing. Want to FC this map??? To bad, it has a spinner... xD
Thankfully my action isn't so bad I can't pass the spinner on the lowbie songs I'm doing right now, but I fear my technique won't hold up in faster tunes. I go somewhere between 220-280 if I really go for it, but currently focusing on just keeping the rotation going with small movements so hopefully the speed will come with time/practice :D

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You should go check out the off-topic forum. It sounds like you would fit right in there.
I'll take a peek.

Cheers!
DJ Enetro
Hope VEVO and other big music production companies allow their music to be used in osu

Welcome
creampuff
Welcome, bro
Ryoid
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Just enjoy the game and skill will come to you,
And Sandy is right,you will be fit in OT XD