forum

[duplicate] Multi-Mode Maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill
never happening rip
_DT3
Uhh, you can convert any standard map into a ctb, mania or taiko map in-game already (while those converted maps aren't the best and most fun maps)

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Interface
Under gameplay toolbox
Caput Mortuum
Multi mode map.. as in one map difficulty with all modes in it? It wouldn't work because a single difficulty requires someone to make it, and that someone may not be able to map other modes as well. Besides, there are already bunch of songs that contain multiple modes in them. Correct me if I got that wrong.
Saltssaumure
Could you clarify what you mean by multi-mode maps? It's not really clear from the phrase, there's multiple ways it could be interpreted:
  1. A map that switches mode partway through, eg. intro is taiko, chorus is standard, verse is mania
  2. A map that requires you to pass in all 4 gamemodes to receive a score
  3. A scoring system that combines the player's pp from all 4 gamemodes into 1 total pp
  4. What _DT3 said, standard maps that are able to be played in any gamemode
  5. Similar to the above, but instead allowing taiko, mania, and catch specific maps to be played in other gamemodes.
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill

Saltssaumure wrote:

Could you clarify what you mean by multi-mode maps? It's not really clear from the phrase, there's multiple ways it could be interpreted:
  1. A map that switches mode partway through, eg. intro is taiko, chorus is standard, verse is mania
  3. A scoring system that combines the player's pp from all 4 gamemodes into 1 total pp
  5. Similar to the above, but instead allowing taiko, mania, and catch specific maps to be played in other gamemodes.
First
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill

Eraser wrote:

Multi mode map.. as in one map difficulty with all modes in it? It wouldn't work because a single difficulty requires someone to make it, and that someone may not be able to map other modes as well. Besides, there are already bunch of songs that contain multiple modes in them. Correct me if I got that wrong.
Raika
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill

_DT3 wrote:

Uhh, you can convert any standard map into a ctb, mania or taiko map in-game already (while those converted maps aren't the best and most fun maps)

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Interface
Under gameplay toolbox
I know; all my ctb pp is converts...
_DT3

DarthSkrill wrote:

Saltssaumure wrote:

First
Ah, now I get it. It actually sounds like a cool idea, yet as mentioned, sadly not everyone is raika :c
Edgar_Figaro
one problem would be having these maps be reasonable difficulty. Like for instance you could have a map that was standard & CTB where the CTB portion was as difficult as a 3* CTB map while the standard part was like a 5* standard map
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

one problem would be having these maps be reasonable difficulty. Like for instance you could have a map that was standard & CTB where the CTB portion was as difficult as a 3* CTB map while the standard part was like a 5* standard map
Yes, star rating would also be a problem, especially since ctb is easy and mania is hard for its star...
abraker
Pawsu
^ feel free to bump that with any additional feedback you have
Topic Starter
DarthSkrill

Pawsu wrote:

^ feel free to bump that with any additional feedback you have
I'll try, but I didn't have any concrete ideas, just a desire for multiple modes in one map.