266 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  next
Star Shooter
255 posts
There is a thread about feature requests. Please, do not create separate threads with requests.

If you want to make a feature request, please tell as much as possible about what do you want, why do you want it and how do you want to see it implemented.

Accepted requests:
    At the moment list is empty

Do not ask for:
  • Online support - technically impossible
  • Storyboarding - technically hard to implement
  • Background video support - technically impossible
  • Double/Half time - technically hard to implement
  • CTB - let me complete the osu! mode first. When there won't be any other requests, I'll think about it.
  • Combo fire - technically impossible
  • Fading nodes/sliders - it'll require to alter a lot in internal structure, but doesn't affect gameplay.
  • DJMAX Technika mod - too much work, I'll make it if I'll have time to spare
  • VBR offset for standard player - technically possible, but it'll increase loading time (mb very noticeable)

Pending requests (still not sure about them):
  • Flip screen when orientations is changed - Idk if I can implement it without bugs
  • Ability to select your own skin or the default - I'll probably implement it, but not in the next version.
  • Cursor during automode - I'll make it if I'll have time to spare
  • Replays - not sure if I can make them technically, but I'll try
  • Skin colors parsing - later
  • Haptic feedback - It may be fun, but it's not too important. Let's leave it for later.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,028 posts
Whistle Blower
18 posts
DoubleTime and HalfTime mods and maybe Combo Fire (so that at 30x and 500x, it goes fire, maybe smaller around the combo number. Maybe also an ingame score?
Rhythm Incarnate
2,653 posts
DJMAX Technika mod:

It will require a little bit of "storyboarding" but it's the same as an approach circle.

Convert the notes in the beatmap to different X locations based on their time placed.
Convert the Y location into one of four lanes based on the Y location of the previous note.

Repeat sliders are changed into repeat notes, where you have to hit them again using a bar that tells you when to hit again, unless they are shorter than a certain amount, at which point they become hold notes.
Regular sliders and spinners are changed into hold notes, where you have to hold them for the duration of the note and let go.

Add a bar which goes across the screen and comes in contact with the middle/far edge of the note when you are supposed to hit it.

I want this because there is nothing like it yet, and peppy has already said "no" to it in osu.

It's probably too much to do, I know.
It's only gay if the sliders touch.
My user page/links to my guides
Rhythm Incarnate
2,884 posts
Catch the beat !
Star Shooter
255 posts
At the moment I'm a bit busy, so I'll give proper answers later. For now:
  • Favorites - more "yes" than "no"
  • Double/half time - more "no" than "yes"
  • Combo fire - no. It requires shaders, and GL ES 1.0/1.1 doesn't support shaders.
  • DJMAX Technika mod - more "no" than "yes". Looks interesting but it means I need to rewrite the most of game mechanics.
  • CTB - the same as ^
Combo Commander
315 posts
Whoops, more feature requests.

1. VBR offset applied to standard player
I may have mentioned this before but I'd like to post it again. My idea is, you can use your custom player to decide the MP3 whether it's CBR or VBR then apply the offset to the standard player.

1.1. Offsets submenu
Just like Beats, there's another set of offsets. The best options inside would be:
- General offset (applies to both standard and custom players; CBR MP3 files only)
- OGG offset (applies to standard player on OGG files)
- VBR offset (applies to both standard and custom players; VBR MP3 files only)

2. Song progress bar
This:
Put it in the bottom right corner.

3. Auto mode with a visible cursor
Seeing a cursor playing would help a lot with disorientation and it's more fun to watch, though you need to work on the movement algorithm.
Star Shooter
255 posts
Pesets wrote:
At the moment I'm a bit busy, so I'll give proper answers later. For now:

• VBR - I can't get why do you need VBR for standard player? It doesn't have a VBR bug like my player and implementing such thing takes quite a effort.
  • Offsets submenu - more "yes" than "no"
  • Song progress bar - more "yes" than "no"
  • Cursor during automode - more "no" than "yes"
Combo Commander
315 posts
Pesets wrote:
  • VBR - I can't get why do you need VBR for standard player? It doesn't have a VBR bug like my player and implementing such thing takes quite a effort.

It may not happen on your device but it's quite obvious on mine since different devices use different libs hence causing different offset. Still, it's your decision to make.
Whistle Blower
18 posts
DoubleTime and HalfTime are both in osu! why not put them in osu!droid

Also I think a cursor during Autoplay is a good idea. :)
Star Shooter
255 posts
Because the standard Android music player doesn't support half/double playback rate. It can be implemented in my player, but my player is only for mp3 (and not too sure if it can play any mp3).
Whistle Blower
18 posts
Pesets wrote:
Because the standard Android music player doesn't support half/double playback rate. It can be implemented in my player, but my player is only for mp3 (and not too sure if it can play any mp3).

Ah okay :)
Combo Commander
339 posts
Some co-working with Guy-kun in order to have osu!droid implementing the already WIP taiko mode ?
Image If you want me to do some music, go on :)
Rhythm Incarnate
820 posts
Cooooooooould do. But would require a fair bit of re-working as Pesets uses an engine, while I don't, and we would obviously parse .osu files differently.
Rhythm Incarnate
700 posts
Just a few requests/suggestions which could help improve this:
  • Adding a small mod/s selected section to the song select screen, either in the form of text (like the PC version) or the icons themselves.
    Location could be somewhere around where the back button is in the PC version of osu!
  • Relabeling Selection Options to Search, or if Selection Options will be an included function nearing the competition of this application, make a separate button for it.
    It was misleading when I first had a try of it on my HTC Desire.
  • Ability to select your own skin or the default.
  • Shortening the life gauge bar, allows for more GUI features.
  • If above is done then you could position the score bar where the PC version has it.
  • Replay feature.
  • Ability to map one of the buttons as a click to help in playing stream sections and the like.

As far as I know for the skin elements allowable:
collapsed text
  • applause
  • approachcircle
  • count1/2/3 including .mp3 files
  • default-[number, comma, dot, percent, x]
  • followpoint
  • go and .mp3
  • hit[0/50/100/100k/300/g/k]
  • menu-button-background
  • menu audio queues
  • normal-[hit/slider]