forum

Fixed hidden height in osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +256
Topic Starter
Authoria_old
Seriously, please add the ability to adjust the height of hidden for mania then being able to set that height as fixed.
This is not an advantage nor disadvantage to anyone. Having the height increase as you play and then reset after you miss only defeats the purpose of the mod hidden which is used in various vsrg's that actually do it right.
Caput Mortuum
yes pepy plz
O2MasterFX
Well, hidden doesn't give advantage or disadvantage so why having hidden in the first place?
Topic Starter
Authoria_old

O2MasterFX wrote:

Well, hidden doesn't give advantage or disadvantage so why having hidden in the first place?
I use hidden in a lot of vsrg's and it helps me read and even more so the point as to why people use it. - I use it as a lane cover.
Some people love it, some people hate it.
johnmedina999

O2MasterFX wrote:

Some people can't live without it, especially if they come from other VSRGs where the Hidden mod is fixed. Having the lane cover go up and down is just a dumb idea.
Caput Mortuum

O2MasterFX wrote:

i can't play without hd
Topic Starter
Authoria_old

johnmedina999 wrote:

O2MasterFX wrote:

Some people can't live without it, especially if they come from other VSRGs where the Hidden mod is fixed. Having the lane cover go up and down is just a dumb idea.
That is my point, thank you!
O2MasterFX
Yeah well, me too an HD player, and hate this feature. But I personally couldn't point out the necessity to use fixed height instead of current look. It doesn't matter to use both of it, they have one purpose, to make it more intensive and harder to read. I think the reason they use up/down look is to make it even harder to read. It moves your vision slightly to the top overtime, increasing the difficulty. While miss moves them down, means you have to re-adjust your vision again to return them back to the top.

The problem with this is, maps with many SV changes are the main cause. As you progress in the game, when map started to use sudden SV changes, you tend to miss some notes that is covered under the hidden. It's stressing me out (and I'm sure most of you all agreed). Having this feature may reduce such problems, I hope.

Also, duplicate t/399158?hilit=mania+hidden
Caput Mortuum
Well I personally find it annoying instead. I like reading with the lane 3/4 closed rather than only half.
Vorthar
I'd love for this to be a thing, let us have a way to edit the lane coverage, so I can keep my 50/50 without using a damn piece of paper or similar on my monitor, I really don't want tape marks on it. As it provides no additional score (but somehow a minor pp difference) just remove the pp difference and let us have a fixed hidden.
MegaApple_Pi
If you guys wanted to cover half of the stage, can't you guys just use mania-stage-bottom.png to cover the columns? This skin element is positioned to overlay on top of the entire stage and doesn't have any size restrictions.
Caput Mortuum
If that's the only solution, then hidden serves no purpose in the game at all. Might as well remove it completely because it doesn't really add any difficulty and it's skinnable. The only thing that encourages me to use it is the Silver S.

Anyway, this is a duplicate, as O2MasterFX said earlier. Post your thoughts in the thread he linked.
Full Tablet

Eraser wrote:

If that's the only solution, then hidden serves no purpose in the game at all. Might as well remove it completely because it doesn't really add any difficulty and it's skinnable. The only thing that encourages me to use it is the Silver S.

Anyway, this is a duplicate, as O2MasterFX said earlier. Post your thoughts in the thread he linked.
Hidden was intended to be a difficulty plus mod, it gives you more score (though the bonus is so small it is usually not even noticeable). Players applying the mod to aid reading is an unintended use.

Copying the idea of a hidden mod from osu!standard was a dubious idea (even in that game mode, some people use the mod to make reading easier for them). Hidden mod's score bonus should be removed entirely.

Currently, lane covers are relatively easy to skin, having an option to add/adjust a lane cover would just serve to make things a bit easier.