forum

Date A Live - Hurricane

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
coco
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
voynich
please no sugar coating
#modhelp
Berserk
Most of the problems present in this map are fundamental and can't really easily be changed with a quick visit to the editor.
Instead of trying to remap this and going for rank,I suggest just taking my advice and mapping for practice as a focus.Your goal as a new mapper is to improve and then,when your maps are ready for rank,to go for and attempt to rank a map.Here's a rule of thumb to get your goal in perspective:
Would I be fine seeing my map among other ranked maps of today?
Once you can answer yes to the above question,your map after that should be the one you push for ranked.
Take a few of these suggestions as note.

The song you've chosen has a very complex rhythm and a vague sense of beat in comparison to what mappers of your caliber should be mapping.
There is a very unneeded pause in between a lot of the beats you have.
The way each beat is placed is very disorganized.
Slider shapes are very bizarre and unpolished.
You don't seem to know time-distance equality nor do you seem to understand variable spacing.
I suggest visiting pishifat's channel,which has a fairly exhaustive supply of videos pertaining to mapping.It'll help you improve at mapping by a wide margin.
Otherwise,practice makes perfect.Don't map for rank,map for learning.Only once you're satisfied enough with your mapping ability,and only is an important phrase here,should you guide yourself towards rank.And don't think that any attempt you make at mapping isn't improving yourself in any way,as it took me quite a while to get to the level I'm at now.Your mapping ability now is equivalent to my mapping ability back when I first started mapping.You won't notice it at first,but going back onto your old maps shows your massive improvement that you've taken over time.
Just keep practicing and you'll eventually make your mark on the mapping scene.Good luck!
AMX
Hi! from my modding queue!

Slurs that I might use in the mod (pls ignore if you already know what it is or I don't mention them in the mod)

NC = New combo
Blanket = https://puu.sh/ww6lr/79ddf96365.jpg

General

Wow, this is your second map? That's actually kind of good, i'm shocked. Anyways, like the other guy said, unfortunately this has some major flaws that makes it not live up to today's ranking standards.

I would love to go over everything but I think that's too much information to handle so i'm going to focus on the most important part (for me). And let other modders focus on the most important part from their perspective. And just because we're saying that it's not rankable I HIGHLY suggest you still spam for mods cause they're honestly the only thing you can really learn from these days.

First of all, remove AR10 xD, AR10 is used for maps that have a really high rythm density & star rating and usually at a high bpm, the reason isn't any other than that there will be a point where there's just too much object on the screen at once if you don't use a high AR. This is not that kind of map. I suggest AR9.

Berserk

00:27:225 (1,2,3,4) - This is overmapping, when there's no sound to support clickable circles. You're mapping a stream/burst here while there's nothing happening in the song. I also did this at first cause in my head it kinda fit the song, but mapping is about reflecting a song to the best ability you can.

00:27:625 (5,1) - Ironiclly there's actually a beat supporting streams here inbetween where it's empty :D

00:37:225 (5,1) - To make this look better you cold position 00:37:625 (1) - and try to get the little hole in the middle to fit with 00:37:225 (5) - sliderend
Example: http://puu.sh/wTOLi/f481729896.jpg

00:41:475 (2,3) - So instead of making it like this a smarter way would be to simply reverse 00:41:475 (2) - so that it goes into 3/4's.

00:41:475 (2,3) - This jump is really awkward and fast too

00:48:425 (1,2,3,4) - Overmapping again here, there's really no sound supporting jumps here.

00:54:225 (2,3,4) - Okay so here, alot of newer mappers do this too is that they map EXACTLY the sounds that they're following to pinpoint accuracy. Osu is more about rythm, try to follow the general rythm of the song and focus on 1 or 2 instruments at the time, you don't have to blindly follow that instrument like this. Playing this feels wierd and not really rythmic.

00:59:225 (1) - There's really no point in using these 1/8 repeats here, it kinda looks like you're just playing around with the editor here. No offense pls

01:00:025 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Is this rythmic? Does this sound like music to you? To me it doesn't at all, it sounds really bad. Avoid this

Okay so from here on out I basiclly just see the same problem repeating pretty much the same mistakes over and over.

Additional information

The thing is think you should prioritize on is mostly rythm, please i beg you if you really want to get into mapping watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CX7bxov7o&t=16s

End words

You can PM me ingame if u have any questions regarding the mod just write!

GL
Topic Starter
coco

AMX wrote:

Hi! from my modding queue!

Slurs that I might use in the mod (pls ignore if you already know what it is or I don't mention them in the mod)

NC = New combo
Blanket = https://puu.sh/ww6lr/79ddf96365.jpg

General

Wow, this is your second map? That's actually kind of good, i'm shocked. Anyways, like the other guy said, unfortunately this has some major flaws that makes it not live up to today's ranking standards.

I would love to go over everything but I think that's too much information to handle so i'm going to focus on the most important part (for me). And let other modders focus on the most important part from their perspective. And just because we're saying that it's not rankable I HIGHLY suggest you still spam for mods cause they're honestly the only thing you can really learn from these days.

First of all, remove AR10 xD, AR10 is used for maps that have a really high rythm density & star rating and usually at a high bpm, the reason isn't any other than that there will be a point where there's just too much object on the screen at once if you don't use a high AR. This is not that kind of map. I suggest AR9.

Berserk

00:27:225 (1,2,3,4) - This is overmapping, when there's no sound to support clickable circles. You're mapping a stream/burst here while there's nothing happening in the song. I also did this at first cause in my head it kinda fit the song, but mapping is about reflecting a song to the best ability you can.

00:27:625 (5,1) - Ironiclly there's actually a beat supporting streams here inbetween where it's empty :D

00:37:225 (5,1) - To make this look better you cold position 00:37:625 (1) - and try to get the little hole in the middle to fit with 00:37:225 (5) - sliderend
Example: http://puu.sh/wTOLi/f481729896.jpg

00:41:475 (2,3) - So instead of making it like this a smarter way would be to simply reverse 00:41:475 (2) - so that it goes into 3/4's.

00:41:475 (2,3) - This jump is really awkward and fast too

00:48:425 (1,2,3,4) - Overmapping again here, there's really no sound supporting jumps here.

00:54:225 (2,3,4) - Okay so here, alot of newer mappers do this too is that they map EXACTLY the sounds that they're following to pinpoint accuracy. Osu is more about rythm, try to follow the general rythm of the song and focus on 1 or 2 instruments at the time, you don't have to blindly follow that instrument like this. Playing this feels wierd and not really rythmic.

00:59:225 (1) - There's really no point in using these 1/8 repeats here, it kinda looks like you're just playing around with the editor here. No offense pls

01:00:025 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Is this rythmic? Does this sound like music to you? To me it doesn't at all, it sounds really bad. Avoid this

Okay so from here on out I basiclly just see the same problem repeating pretty much the same mistakes over and over.

Additional information

The thing is think you should prioritize on is mostly rythm, please i beg you if you really want to get into mapping watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CX7bxov7o&t=16s

End words

You can PM me ingame if u have any questions regarding the mod just write!

GL

-Nishiki- wrote:

please no sugar coating
#modhelp
Berserk
Most of the problems present in this map are fundamental and can't really easily be changed with a quick visit to the editor.
Instead of trying to remap this and going for rank,I suggest just taking my advice and mapping for practice as a focus.Your goal as a new mapper is to improve and then,when your maps are ready for rank,to go for and attempt to rank a map.Here's a rule of thumb to get your goal in perspective:
Would I be fine seeing my map among other ranked maps of today?
Once you can answer yes to the above question,your map after that should be the one you push for ranked.
Take a few of these suggestions as note.

The song you've chosen has a very complex rhythm and a vague sense of beat in comparison to what mappers of your caliber should be mapping.
There is a very unneeded pause in between a lot of the beats you have.
The way each beat is placed is very disorganized.
Slider shapes are very bizarre and unpolished.
You don't seem to know time-distance equality nor do you seem to understand variable spacing.
I suggest visiting pishifat's channel,which has a fairly exhaustive supply of videos pertaining to mapping.It'll help you improve at mapping by a wide margin.
Otherwise,practice makes perfect.Don't map for rank,map for learning.Only once you're satisfied enough with your mapping ability,and only is an important phrase here,should you guide yourself towards rank.And don't think that any attempt you make at mapping isn't improving yourself in any way,as it took me quite a while to get to the level I'm at now.Your mapping ability now is equivalent to my mapping ability back when I first started mapping.You won't notice it at first,but going back onto your old maps shows your massive improvement that you've taken over time.
Just keep practicing and you'll eventually make your mark on the mapping scene.Good luck!
thanks guys im gonna try remapping with this stuff in mind :)
Atomosphere
Just gonna mod this "remap" cuz i don't wanna make you waste your time on it owo..

Berserk

00:00:804 (1,2,3) - you aren't even mapping the beats boi
00:01:604 (1,2,3) & 00:02:404 (1,2,3) - same for these two
00:03:204 (1,2,3,4) - ugly sliders
00:04:004 (1,2,3) - it's the same sound as the beginning why does the pattern change?
00:06:004 (3) & 00:05:204 (3) - are the same sound aren't they? so why does 00:06:004 (3) change in shape?
00:06:604 (2) - i have no words for this (it's bad boi)
00:09:604 (1,1) - ^
00:10:404 (2) - what is this? make it more beautiful pls and don't make the slider velocity insanely high

Final Thoughts

At this point i have no words...this map is terrible, you might wanna remap this. If you're going for rank you're just wasting your time, in other words, it's unrankable.
Topic Starter
coco

Atomosphere wrote:

Just gonna mod this "remap" cuz i don't wanna make you waste your time on it owo..

Berserk

00:00:804 (1,2,3) - you aren't even mapping the beats boi hold up im mapping the drums in the back
00:01:604 (1,2,3) & 00:02:404 (1,2,3) - same for these two ^
00:03:204 (1,2,3,4) - ugly sliders subjective but I might change
00:04:004 (1,2,3) - it's the same sound as the beginning why does the pattern change? to vary a bit but i'll fix
00:06:004 (3) & 00:05:204 (3) - are the same sound aren't they? so why does 00:06:004 (3) change in shape? oh sht
00:06:604 (2) - i have no words for this (it's bad boi) oops
00:09:604 (1,1) - ^
00:10:404 (2) - what is this? make it more beautiful pls and don't make the slider velocity insanely high

Final Thoughts

At this point i have no words...this map is terrible, you might wanna remap this. If you're going for rank you're just wasting your time, in other words, it's unrankable. is it that bad lol
lmao fk ty
Edit: responding properly
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.