posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

OT!News

Latest News From OT
June 18th - July 24th

Previous | Next

Hello, and welcome to the sixteenth edition of OT News!

Sunshine all around this week! Everyone get down and burst into dance-mode, 'cause it's bout
to hit that 100 degree mark, burning everyone on the beach. Those trees are gunna be lit as fuck
m'dude. Anyone caught in the wildfire caused by natural drugs will be set aflame and possibly die
thanks to the sun. Wind levels are expected to be moderate, aswell, along with a fog rolling in on
Thursday morning.

I'm gay.

~ColdTooth, OT climatologist

2017-07-18: A controversial thread has been created by DJ Enetro. There are many mods that watch over the broad realms of the numerous lands called “Forums”. Some of them are known to be Lords, others great friends, but some are also known to be vicious and are despised by certain residents that reside in these forums. In an effort to understand what they are to us, DJ Enetro has stepped forward and asked: Why do we have to respect mods and their work?

This has shown to reveal the Lords’ secret involvement in taming the OT!Cancer; however, the denizens claimed those are conspiracies. After massive riots and invasions of homes, Endaris stepped in with his hot inferno to tell about the boring experience of being a moderator; that’s when the Great Bird descended from the heavens and slammed his muscular fists into the core of the lands, proceeding to give a speech about the reality of having the burden of being a Lord. Chaos ensues and everybody was exiled. The End.

Yet another controversial question that rumbled the depths of OT.

After his sorrowful farewell, [ - Zekks - ]’s execution threads have been broadcasted throughout the systems of OT. Coming back with riddles that may save lives, it seems as if [ - Zekks - ] has taken the time off OT in order to sharpen his blade and his expertise at execution. The first thread featured the introduction to the game with the voting for the first execution. At the deadline of the voting, it was revealed that MAniACK_Magee was the chosen sacrifice and would be executed.On the 24th of July at 7 o’clock of the year 2017, MAniACK_Magee was dragged into his execution room and was executed via the triangle execution.

Executions in progress.

When Will it End?

A Comprehensive List of OTrends

This week has been not quite the ordinary with several trends dominating over most of the creation of threads.
It has been observed that the trend winds are getting stronger by day, and will continue to whirl around for a while.
It is recommended that everyone prepare their shitposts for the trends that will come around the corner repetitively,
each written in a similar manner but with different subjects.

Appreciation threads

It seems as if this week is OT appreciation week! We have seen many appreciation threads by many people for
many people. These threads have (generally) put all negativity to the side and brought out the best of people, both
the citizens complimenting and those being complimented.

The first appreciation thread was created by abraker, who carefully laid out his observations of DaddyCoolVipper,
concluding the thread with a little caution on how one should not choke over OT. Other denizens, digging deeper than
the sarcasm that laid over the thread, realized the tsun apparent in this post. Seeing it as an opportunity to express
their true feelings towards others, the denizens quickly joined in the appreciation and this trend has been going around
ever since.

kotnana3131 has been the leading power of this trend, creating three threads to express his appreciation towards OT denizens
and attracting many during the process. Blitzfrog and Comfy Slippers also joined in the trend in order to keep the positivity and
politeness towards each other and to overall keep the atmosphere at OT much more respectful and enjoyable.

Guide threads

Guides are absolutely necessary when one is trying something new, or something that cannot be easily accomplished.
In order to help those trying out new challenges, [ - Zekks - ] has started a guide that will stop denizens from starting
“stupid shit”. It is unknown whether the guide has helped anyone in need—unknown sources claim that there was less
shit put out at OT this week—but this guide was soon countered by another guide, Guide to starting stupid shit, written
by Yuudachi-kun.

Seeing that many denizens were getting help from these guides, whether they were really effective or not, Concalegbert
also decided to share his knowledge about how to get into OT!neus, compiling a list of 13 steps that are seemingly easy
to follow at first glance, but in reality lead many denizens into confusion. Not losing this chance to create a comprehensive
guide, abraker lastly joined in the trend of making guides by guiding others to make guides. This subtle attempt at a guide,
however, was brutally attacked by Grammar Nazis who proceeded to tear down the thread with grammar fixes and left the
thread in ruins.

OT Denizens

Keep the Cancer Flowing

There was once a time many denizens invested in the collaborative effort, also known as /r/place. As if targeting this
particular interest of denizens, luckystarfan has brought pixelcanvas.io to OT, suggesting that this become the
next substitute for the collaborative art simulator.

The hype over AR 11 has been long gone. Noticing this trend, sydylol came into OT in order to search for ways that
they could possibly simulate AR 12. Addressing themselves as the “AR man”, sydylol asked for AR 12 or even 13 maps
that anyone could put a hand on.

Stumbling upon OT looking for help with a newly-bought Pro X Touch, Gotcha made a thread to try to troubleshoot a problem.
Unable to get the help requested, the same thread was made in G&R. However, OT was not finished with the thread yet;
it derailed into a short meta-conversation about the nature of Off-Topic, and then into a discussion about salt.

Bekus had an incredible plan in mind: he invited all of OT to message pro players about whether or not they particularly
enjoy the food chain KFC. Some discussion was had about the restaurants, including some compliments and criticisms.
The discussion soon turned into discussion about Jesus, and later into discussion about Burnt Rice.

There is a newbie shitposter who joined the forum lately, by the name of Ryoid. Requesting assistance on the fine, sacred
art of “shitposting” after hearing a rumor that OT was the best place for it, he made a thread. In return, OT showed Ryoid
the exact thing he was looking for: the community filled the thread with endless shitposts and nonsensical replies.

OT!News will always try to provide quality content.
If you find any errors or have a suggestion, please leave a post below or
feel free to PM / highlight us either through the osu! site or our Discord.

Credits:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank kai99 and Blitzfrog for giving us so much cancer that we needed to bleach our eyes, abraker for tidying the cancer, johnmedina999 for grammar nazi-ing, and a collaborative effort to make the cancer look nice. We also would like to give special thanks to everyone in the official Discord server for giving us the support needed not to shoot ourselves. Until next time!

Thank you, good night, and remember to...

Ryoid
First, Hi I'am new
Serraionga
I really enjoy a dish of sunshine all around this week. It is definitely one of my favourite weather seasons.
KatouMegumi
Fan clubs are no longer a thing.
Tae

Fizzn wrote:

Fan clubs are no longer a thing.
Where does it say it is.
Lhahein
>when your guide on how to get to OT news gets to OT news
Blitzfrog

Conicalegbert wrote:

How about writing a guide on how to get your guide on OT news
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

Conicalegbert wrote:

How about writing a guide on how to get your guide on OT news
Don't give him ideas
Zekks
Lhahein

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

A guide to to get on OT!News was already made and featured on OT!News, you ain't special Conicalegbert
stfu let me enjoy my moments of being a special snowflake
Foxtrot
not as eventful as I'd like it to be but still ok
Pawsu
Great work guys
Zekks

Pawsu wrote:

Great work guys
y u julying
DJ Enetro
Ok, I know my question shouldn't be asked if you have common sense, but it was still a question.
You guys did not have to fuel the fire at all. (My thread)
Foxtrot

DJ Enetro wrote:

Ok, I know my question shouldn't be asked if you have common sense, but it was still a question.
you also asked that question in the shittiest way possible
DJ Enetro
Nonetheless it is still valid. Though I can't say that it's an opinion, and I can't prove you wrong.

Do you want me to shut up now?

Yes, new page, but they always come on the like y=15x+1 x>0 where y = page number marking new page.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
Pls no drama in this thread.
DJ Enetro
This is no drama, only a precursor.
But I'll stop
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

It's not August 2nd, shouldn't you still be self-silenced?
DJ Enetro
Well I decided to start hanging out more in the Beatmaps forum to give a better quality incentive
But to answer your question, I broke off early. Posting in OT shouldn't rise too high though
show more