forum

[Archived] [Archived] Unable to download beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SHOGUNMOON00999
Recently I have encountered an issue where I cannot download maps off the website or through osu!direct. I have tried using multiple web browsers, restarting my laptop, and signing out of my account. This only happened after I updated my windows a day or two ago.
With osu!direct it gets stuck initializing and then just gives up.

This is a screenshot of what happens when I try to download from the website.

osu! version: Stable (latest)
Lacrimosa
Check the 3rd dot in the image.

If that's not the case, please do a traceroute and provide the results here. To do that, open cmd and type in the command "tracert bm5.ppy.sh".
Topic Starter
SHOGUNMOON00999
what does tracert do?
Topic Starter
SHOGUNMOON00999
new problem
Dntm8kmeeatu

[[Pause]] wrote:

new problem
What did you do or try to do when this happens?

This normally is caused by unsupported characters in the .osu file of song under the "Version" line, which is the Difficulty Name
Lacrimosa
That's what a trace route does. After doing that please take a screenshot of the results and post it here.

SPOILER
Whenever a computer connects to a website, it must travel a path that consists of several points, a little like connecting the dots between your computer and the website. The signal starts at your local router in your home or business, then moves out to your ISP, then onto the main networks. From there it may have several junctions until it gets off the Internet highway at the local network for the website and then to the webserver itself.

A traceroute displays the path that the signal took as it traveled around the Internet to the website. It also displays times which are the response times that occurred at each stop along the route. If there is a connection problem or latency connecting to a site, it will show up in these times. You will be able to identify which of the stops (also called 'hops') along the route is the culprit.