This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Combo Commander
443 posts
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 9:37:21 AM

Artist: Keigo Hoashi
Title: Rebirth & Hope
Source: NieR:Automata
Tags: monaca ニーア オートマタ platinumgames square enix
BPM: 66
Filesize: 3839kb
Play Time: 00:33
Difficulties Available:
  • Belief (3.1 stars, 37 notes)
  • Hard (1.97 stars, 27 notes)
  • Normal (1.17 stars, 22 notes)

Download: Keigo Hoashi - Rebirth & Hope
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I still haven't completed Route A yet Lol...
Update: School started so it's going to be put off even longer Lol...
Last edited by Aeril on , edited 14 times in total.
Cymbal Sounder
34 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Normal
objective
00:00:914 (1) - Questionable Starting point, the sound seems to start 1/4 earlier. I could see this being simplification for lower ranks, but it seems like it would just confuse them.
00:23:208 (1) - Questionable Ending Point

subjective
00:04:550 (5) - I might move this a hair over for visuals, just preference.
00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending.

Hard
objective
00:00:914 (1) - Starting time is questionable.
00:04:095 (5,1) - Distance is larger than the ones before it by a noticeable amount.
00:26:427 (2,1) - This distance should be larger. Not too much, I agree with the concept of it being smaller than the others, but still it looks like another 1/4 jump not the 1/2 beat jump it is.

subjective
00:30:777 (1) - 00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending.

Belief
Objective:
00:04:095 (5,1) - Too large of a distance compared to previous ones.
00:26:427 (1,1) - This seems too similar to this 00:14:827 (3,1) - but it has an immensely different timing.
Subjective:
00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending.
Combo Commander
443 posts
Yuuki Konno wrote:
Normal
objective
00:00:914 (1) - Questionable Starting point, the sound seems to start 1/4 earlier. I could see this being simplification for lower ranks, but it seems like it would just confuse them. yea wel.. its the only starting point that, otherwise requires 1/16 slider and or move it back and have odd rhythm
00:23:208 (1) - Questionable Ending Point building of intensity through rhythm, ends on the 2nd note of the violin

subjective
00:04:550 (5) - I might move this a hair over for visuals, just preference. distance snmap
00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending. 5% is lowest u can go

Hard
objective
00:00:914 (1) - Starting time is questionable. yea wel.. its the only starting point that, otherwise requires 1/16 slider and or move it back and have odd rhythm
00:04:095 (5,1) - Distance is larger than the ones before it by a noticeable amount. its a jump
00:26:427 (2,1) - This distance should be larger. Not too much, I agree with the concept of it being smaller than the others, but still it looks like another 1/4 jump not the 1/2 beat jump it is. there isnt a 1/4 jump but meh, even if they get the rhythm slightly wrong between 1/3 and 1/2, thers slider leniency

subjective
00:30:777 (1) - 00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending. 5% is lowest u can go

Belief
Objective:
00:04:095 (5,1) - Too large of a distance compared to previous ones. reduced a bit
00:26:427 (1,1) - This seems too similar to this 00:14:827 (3,1) - but it has an immensely different timing. changed second a bit
Subjective:
00:30:777 (1) - I might make the end of this spinner have no sound for a clean ending. 5% is lowest u can go

thx, mod back probably tmrw
Rhythm Incarnate
565 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
o/ m4m just bought nier and yet my ps4 broke down ytd somehow lol

belief

hard

normal

GL :D
Combo Commander
443 posts
Nostalgic wrote:
o/ m4m just bought nier and yet my ps4 broke down ytd somehow lol

belief

hard

normal
  • 00:01:823 (2,3) - fix spacing theres nothing to fix, its ds'd, sure stacking moves it down a bit but meh
  • 00:04:550 (5) - According to the ranking rubric, time-distance equality should be used. Interestingly, the bpm change makes it no longer a constant time-distance snap and this applies to all the following notes and sliders. idk if u need to fix all of them manually... changed everything below 1/1, 1/1 is large enough rhythm spacing at this bpm that it really shouldnt make that much a difference in reading

GL :D
Combo Commander
262 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
very simple and short map so sorry if I pulled suggestions out of my A** and might got a bit pandering.

Image Normal
  • Not really an issue per se, but mixing stacks for both 1/1 and 1/2 can be confusing. Tho you used it early on and consistently so you might just wanna make everything spaced out for consistency.
  • You could blanket the slider end better by using a placebo circle like this maybe. Also the fist curve could be rounder like the other curves in the slider.
  • I would rather use a soft-hitfinish at the slider end 00:30:627 - since in most skins the normal finish also has added hit... and soft just fits more imo.

Image Hard
  • just as a little suggestion, I would add another read anchor at the beginning of this slider to emphasize the piano glissando a bit more 00:19:499 (1) - this could be done with other sliders, but it's fine either way.
  • similar tips as in the normal 00:27:027 (1) - also you might wannna overlap this shape again over itself to remove some anchors, If you don't know what I mean here's an example. I personally think the red ones specifically sometimes can take away smoothness and the fist curve since it is connected to a red anchor is bezier so adding 2 grey anchors there might be better to make it rounder. All of this is still only aesthetic choice ofc

Image Belief
  • I think a more gradual transition from the lower diff to this CS might be good. going from CS4 to CS7 is a bit much in terms of spread theme normal or hard player case be expected to play CS5 or even 6 at this level since the maps is REALLY short. It would add a interesting idea to the whole set I think.
  • I don't really care about the aesthetic of this overlap, but I think it could have some more logic behind it 00:14:827 (3,1) - like perfectly overlapping red anchors, parallele lines or whatever.

gl with the set~
Combo Commander
443 posts
Celektus wrote:
very simple and short map so sorry if I pulled suggestions out of my A** and might got a bit pandering.

Image Normal
  • Not really an issue per se, but mixing stacks for both 1/1 and 1/2 can be confusing. Tho you used it early on and consistently so you might just wanna make everything spaced out for consistency. spaced out the first, left second to make it easier
  • You could blanket the slider end better by using a placebo circle like this maybe. Also the fist curve could be rounder like the other curves in the slider. ya
  • I would rather use a soft-hitfinish at the slider end 00:30:627 - since in most skins the normal finish also has added hit... and soft just fits more imo. tru

Image Hard
  • just as a little suggestion, I would add another read anchor at the beginning of this slider to emphasize the piano glissando a bit more 00:19:499 (1) - this could be done with other sliders, but it's fine either way. makes it look odd so no
  • similar tips as in the normal 00:27:027 (1) - also you might wannna overlap this shape again over itself to remove some anchors, If you don't know what I mean here's an example. I personally think the red ones specifically sometimes can take away smoothness and the fist curve since it is connected to a red anchor is bezier so adding 2 grey anchors there might be better to make it rounder. All of this is still only aesthetic choice ofc on purpose tbh

Image Belief
  • I think a more gradual transition from the lower diff to this CS might be good. going from CS4 to CS7 is a bit much in terms of spread theme normal or hard player case be expected to play CS5 or even 6 at this level since the maps is REALLY short. It would add a interesting idea to the whole set I think. hmmm... maybe, cs 5 seems reasonable, spread would also be 3,5,7 so ye
  • I don't really care about the aesthetic of this overlap, but I think it could have some more logic behind it 00:14:827 (3,1) - like perfectly overlapping red anchors, parallele lines or whatever. made it so angle on slider edge

gl with the set~
Rhythm Incarnate
593 posts
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hello ~ hitsound mod as your request from my queue :3

just going to mod the hardest since this is just hitsound ~

Belief
-00:23:839 and -00:24:471 and -00:25:116 you can remove whistle and add sampleset drum if you want :3

this is the shortest mod i have done lol , anyway Good luck ~

its kinda funny that my name is kinda same like you lol im Aerith you're Aeril XD
Combo Commander
443 posts
-Aerith- wrote:
Hello ~ hitsound mod as your request from my queue :3

just going to mod the hardest since this is just hitsound ~

Belief