forum

Filter by date ranked/approved

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,805
Topic Starter
Sync
I think it'd be helpful for those who have the a lot of the beatmap packs downloaded (for example, a mix of old and contemporary beatmaps) and find it hard to sort though the old, out dated maps and the newer maps. Obviously this shouldn't be of high priority, but it would be helpful.

I think a good starting point would be "year of ranking/approval".

Anything to further this suggestion is very welcome.

(EDIT: Oh, I guess unranked maps would have their own section/go at the bottom)
Cristian
Yeah, i like that, but now is so many options. D:
Aoko

Kurisuchianu wrote:

Maneuver

Kurisuchianu wrote:

theowest
Filter AND group. right?
YodaSnipe
yes both^
friendok53

YodaSnipe wrote:

yes both^
NixXSkate
i support, very useful
Last Remnant_old
Supporting this!
Stefan
Come on, do this!
Mercurial
I'm Neutral about it.

I find this useful but unnecessary...

Useful: I'm a whore score ranker and I just wanna download Ranked (NOT APPROVED) songs. Not about me, but 'bout other users, you know-

Unnecessary: With "Ranked/Approved", the menu shows up all the songs to download, if those options were separated some users don't download approval maps or they just forget it.
Iluya
As the ranking requirements have got more strict and the modding community has improved, newer maps are often in another style. It just feels completely different. Most time i just search through the maps with the "random search" and play any map i feel like. But sometimes i feel like playing an "oldstyle" map and as im not that good with names (esp. with asian ones) it takes ages to find one...

Maybe a little UI-Change would be enough for them: Just show the date of the ranking in the song-informations.
Soaprman
Wouldn't this mostly be the same as the currently existing date sort in conjunction with the "filter ranked" checkbox? Not saying it's a bad idea, just saying that there may be something that suits your needs already. Only exceptions I could think of would be older maps that got updates (usually to add epilepsy warning or some such) or maps you downloaded before ranking and didn't bother updating until way after ranking but those are pretty few in number.
Kuro

Soaprman wrote:

Wouldn't this mostly be the same as the currently existing date sort in conjunction with the "filter ranked" checkbox? Not saying it's a bad idea, just saying that there may be something that suits your needs already. Only exceptions I could think of would be older maps that got updates (usually to add epilepsy warning or some such) or maps you downloaded before ranking and didn't bother updating until way after ranking but those are pretty few in number.
Close but not quite... :)

Filter by date shows when you last played the beatmap, meaning that if you played the same beatmap everyday it would show up under "Today" everytime.

I support this filter, I would love to be able to find which maps that are newer and worth more pp! >:D
Tsukimi Luna
Seems useful...
Soaprman

Kuro wrote:

Close but not quite... :)

Filter by date shows when you last played the beatmap, meaning that if you played the same beatmap everyday it would show up under "Today" everytime.
Are you thinking Last Played? Playing a map shouldn't move your map anywhere in Date sort unless your Date sort is broken somehow. I use Show All > Date as my sort, and no matter what map I play, my most recently downloaded or updated maps are always on bottom.
Iluya

Soaprman wrote:

It would be correct, if you always load the maps as they are ranked. That is because the date-sorting sorts your maps after the system-intern timestamp when you created the file. -> If i load a map from 2008 in Osu! today, it will appear as a Map from Nov 22 in the sorting.
For somebody active since 2007/2008 it should be almost the same.
Piotrekol
please?(no stars :/)
Aka
gogo /o/
TakuMii
I like this idea. I've downloaded the beatmap packs after already having about 7k beatmaps, and since the "sort by date" option uses the Windows "date modified", the order seems nonsensical. Especially when some of the older .osz files contain beatmaps that need to be updated (sometimes only one or 2 difficulties), which causes them to put them out of order and sometimes separate from the other diffs of the same song.

Mercurial wrote:

I'm Neutral about it.

I find this useful but unnecessary...

Useful: I'm a whore score ranker and I just wanna download Ranked (NOT APPROVED) songs. Not about me, but 'bout other users, you know-

Unnecessary: With "Ranked/Approved", the menu shows up all the songs to download, if those options were separated some users don't download approval maps or they just forget it.
Approved songs count towards your ranked score, which is the reason why they are consolidated into one list.
And this is just a different type of "sort by date" option, not a way to separate ranked from approved.
show more