forum

Global minimum AR setting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Soka
I'm sure this has already been suggested in one form or another, but I think there should be a way to set a global minimum AR.

What I mean by this is that one should be able to define a specific AR number for maps to be adjusted to should they be below that number. This way any maps that derive their difficulty in part from a high AR (10 specifically) remain unaffected while any maps that have an AR too low for more experienced players to manage can be enjoyed without having to edit the beatmap's AR directly.

Basically I'm just tired of locally unranking beatmaps because I can't play beatmaps with low AR.
7ambda
of course, if the map's AR is altered by this, it should still be unranked
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate: t/141204
Topic Starter
Soka

F1r3tar wrote:

of course, if the map's AR is altered by this, it should still be unranked
While I understand what you're saying, I fail to see how tweaking the rate at which circles appear compared to when they should be clicked is worthy of unranking a map locally when it can only be adjusted to a higher number.

Star ratings don't budge a bit when AR is altered, and Hard Rock already increases AR along with everything else.
Nao Tomori
but changing ar changes the difficulty of a map, even if it isn't in sr calculation lol

also ar fucks with breaks and stacking and changes overlaps to be rankable/unrankable too so it makes sense to make the map unranked..
Topic Starter
Soka

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Duplicate: t/141204
While that thread mentions something similar, I think this is a bit more specific.
MillhioreF
User-selectable AR is being considered for the distant future; odds are it'll come with a score penalty for changing the AR in either direction, since AR is undeniably part of a map's difficulty, and it wouldn't do to be able to lower the difficulty with no penalty.
Meseki

Misoko wrote:

This way any maps that derive their difficulty in part from a high AR (10 specifically) remain unaffected while any maps that have an AR too low for more experienced players to manage can be enjoyed without having to edit the beatmap's AR directly.
Some beatmaps derive some difficulty from low AR as well, like this one.
Toxi
Ive read somewhere on these forums that if anything changes the original beatmap creators ideas than it will not be used. So, changing the AR of a map from what the creator would want it to be should unrank it.