forum

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Vulnerability

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larto
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 20. Dezember 2008 at 15:31:02

Artist: Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Title: Vulnerability
BPM: 165,38
Filesize: 5383kb
Play Time: 02:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Death awaits all (1,67 stars, 138 notes)
  2. Vulnerability (4,64 stars, 281 notes)
  3. X-7: Savato (4,84 stars, 413 notes)
Download: Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Vulnerability
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Here you've got it. My second Trauma Center Beatmap. It's easy/fun/hell, depending on the difficulty you play.

Death awaits all: Easy.

Vulnerability: Still easy.

X-7 Savato: It's more like X-7 Savato Second Opinion. You should be able to do it easily if you practice a bit.

By the way: THIS BEATMAP IS STORYBOARDED! D=

EDIT1: Added whistle and finish sounds. Song completed!
EDIT2: OH YES, BABY! After playing the four fiends (hard) and always dying on Hito's part, I decided to use something to make X-7: Savato a bit more fun :) Triple/double stacks added. Have fun with it!
EDIT3: Made a little change about the timing sections.
EDIT4: Changed X-7 to a easier, and more possible version. I don't think it can be called X-7 now... maybe X-7 Second Opinion... But well, we are "osu!", and not "Die after two seconds if you don't know this beatmapsu!", right?
I still can't beat it, but I only die at the beatmap's end :P
EDIT5: Look to Loginer's post. Everything but the beat spacing issues on Death awaits all because I'm a lazy ass and fixing the crap I mapped on X-7 was already hard enough they seem to be not that problematic.
EDIT6: Fixed the minor problems on "Death awaits all" Card N'Force discovered.
EDIT7: Just added a sound and integrated it. *sigh* I have too many sounds <.<
EDIT8: Cyclone made some suggestions in IRC.
EDIT9: Stoopid sliders making me have 9 Edits.
EDIT10: See above.

He He Let's go Kinka suru!
Dammi sauarui protect my bau D:
Sinistro
I have no time right now to mod all of it, but I did find some things for you to work on until I do. I'll be updating this post:

Timing
Me and peppy agreed on a single section of 2,893 and 165.38. Delete all others, apply on all difficulties, then half the slider velocity. Unfortunately, since the half of 1.70 is not set from the osu editor, which moves in increments of .10, you'll have to edit the .osu files for the relevant value. Then recalc, resnap, the works.

X-7 Savato
This operation in the games is near impossible. This difficulty, on the other hand, is plain impossible. Try to space eighth notes closer, or stack them, or replace some with 1/8 repeat sliders...in general, revise this map so it's conceivably playable.
Cyclone
BPM seems right... when i tested [Vulnerability] It seemed to me like it needed a -10 ms change.

*ok i wrote the above line while ago and forgot about it*

I'll look at this in depth more later. [Vulnerability] seemed pretty good at a glance though.
Loginer
[Death awaits all]: The slider on 00:13:051 sounds much better if it ends on 00:14:139. I would also make the slider on 01:24:523 start on 01:24:885, but that one works either way. The beat spacing ratio changes constantly throughout the song (Example: No beat spacing on 01:08:922 to 01:09:285, some beat spacing on 01:02:755 to 01:03:117), so although it works fine as it is now, it would probably feel more natural if you redid some parts of it.

[Vulnerability]: The beat spacing is good enough, and the beatmap itself looks like fun. :3

[X-7 Savato]: The slider on 00:26:384 feels very awkward. Remove the beat on 00:26:293, put the slider where the beat used to be on the timeline, drag it a bit to the right on the gamefield, move the beat on 00:26:747 to 00:26:837, and put a beat between them on the gamefield at 00:26:656.
Move the beat on 01:37:221 down a bit. The beat spacing should be equal to that in 7-12 the previous combo. There are some other beat spacing problems similar to this one, but that's the biggest one.
All of the sliders in the combo which starts on 02:19:306 end a 1/4 beat too early.
Finally, this difficulty is never going to get ranked unless you nerf it. <_<

No complaints about the timing.
Card N'FoRcE
Timing is good.

"Death awaits all":
I don't think there are spacing issues, but you used a very short spacing...
00:56:40 (3) - i think it's better 1/2 before, but it's not wrong
02:28:55 (7) - maybe a little farther is better, cause of that short confusing spacing

"Vulnerability":
Just two or three minor spacing issues, but really light ones

"X-7 Savato":
Nothing to say

Cool map :)
Mogsy
X-7 Savato:
All I have to say is "Holy crap, this can be confusing at times." Otherwise, nice.

Vulnerability:
I had no problems with this.

Death Awaits All:
I had no problems.

Bubbled.
K-S-O
Only played Vulnerability. Looks pretty nice. The storyboarding is a very nice touch.
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
There are a couple of spacing inconsistencies on the easiest and hardest difficulty (specifically closer spacing), but I think I can let them pass. The hardest is meant to be challenging. The easiest is saved by dint of the inconsistency occuring after the song has looped, so the player already knows the melody and has a chance to react accordingly.I believe that balances it out.

An issue I see here is the sample sets. At quite a large portion of the song the soft sample set would feel more appropriate. I'd suggest multiple timing sections.

UPDATE: I see no further technical issue. Ranked! Once again, impressive choice of rhythm patterns. Too bad Nurse Angie still disappears abruptly, though.
oboewan
...what storyboard? I don't see a storyboard...
Starrodkirby86

oboewan wrote:

...what storyboard? I don't see a storyboard...
Apparently having Angie appear periodically is considered storyboarding, which is true actually since it uses the Storyboard feature. I would assume that Angie's reaction changes if you get a O or X, but I haven't tried that out myself. :P

@Larto: Wow. That was pretty "intense". Not bad, not bad, I love it.
oboewan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Larto
Peppy unranked this for a short time so I could make Angie walk out of the screen, since she just suddenly disappeared before. Just so you don't wonder that this map is on page 1 of Ranked/Approved Beatmaps.