forum

Catch the beat stuck tips

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097
I'm stuck with a lot of maps , I do the exact same mistakes over and over again , what to do to exit this loop?
A Moon Gust
play more
try different things
see why exactly you are making those same mistakes
play other maps
Dilectus
Work on those mistakes on maps you think will be beneficiary.

If you got a problem with dashing for example, a map like Burst the Gravity or old maps in general is great practice as they contain alot of weird dash patterns.

For me, I used to have troubles with hidden. So what I did was to play hidden on any map, regardless of difficulty. And I always start the day out with some low AR hidden maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=48874&m=2 or https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=24428&m=2 just because they help me get used to higher AR's.

Anyways. It all leads down to practice and even more practice. There's a reason top players get so good in what they're doing.
n0stamina
Remember ze part you miss at. Expect it remember what it looks like.

Don't worry if you miss/break a combo. Just try to catch the part you're missing.

Play hard maps with difficult patterns that you can pass aim for a score or x amount of misses that you're happy with.
Play it again from time to time see if you can do better that usually means improvement big or small.

Thats's how I find meself catching parts I wasn't able to.

All that being said I suck at jumpy maps..no matter how much I play.
So if you don't improve it might just be one of those things.

Good luck hope you get unstuck.
mulraf
i just downloaded every ranked ctb map (there really aren't that much. about 800 diffs in total.) so there's a lot of options to play. just try getting a few new ones and play other ones. you can come back to the ones you're stuck at later on and you should be better i guess. i personally preffer new maps because i feel like their mapping's more on point but if you really want to master everything then you can go with old ones too.