forum

[Chat] User matching with Tab key

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Galkan
Usually when one wants to highlight someone, they type part of nickname and then press Tab key to automatch. In external chat client it looks great, as for example I want to hl Niko- at #polish, I type Ni and then press Tab key. Result? Niko-|osu. But if I use that in game, it will bring this result:

I don't know whether call it bug or feature request, but I'd like for game not to bring me list of everyone connected to #osu, but just those who are connected to channel I use Tab into.

Edit: Oh cool, it got moved. So it's not treated like a bug?
Ciunek
Approving of this, it's pretty annoying when the tab key picks up people from entire bancho network and not only the channel you're actually typing at. It kills the purpose of the button, since most of time you have to type entire nick anyways - good example with Niko- - ni+tab would be fast, but because if gives you HUGE list you'd have to type nik+tab, at which point you can just type Niko anyway... Not to mention longer nicknames that are accidentally similar, I sure want to type WhiteW just to highlight WhiteWolf, when noone else at given moment at #polish has nickname starting with W, but someone at #osu has nick like WhiteDinosaur(or just any other random).

Just my thoughts on that, I hope it gets fixed/done soon.
GladiOol
Actually, I quite like this~ I have had the same problem quite some times as well.

+Support
TBTE
Support +1 if i had a star to give you i would give you it
XPJ38
Tab key was intended to do this? Wow, that would be really handy.

No more stars left, but support nevertheless.
Topic Starter
Galkan
Bump.