forum

When/How does OSU save completed runs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Infernoscare
So couple of days ago i completed Krewella - Say Goodbye (mapped by) [https://osu.ppy.sh/s/446774] on HR. I was in the end results screen and i opened up OBS to record it. By the time i opened OBS the game had crashed. Keep in mind that i was in the end results for 3-4 mins before crashing but after relaunching OSU my run didnt save, no data whatsoever was saved from the run. I was confused as how why it didnt save. Either the crashed prevented it being "finalized" or it wasn't "actually" saved. So it this brings me to the said title. How are runs actually saved or am i just stupid and SOL?
Sandy Hoey
It isn't in the local scores tab? That is where the game saves and it does not require connections, so it should happen right after the play. Otherwise, there isn't a way to get it
Topic Starter
Infernoscare
Nope.
dung eater
There's a folder with replays where it could be. Xheck the files created around the time you played.
Topic Starter
Infernoscare

bla wrote:

There's a folder with replays where it could be. Xheck the files created around the time you played.
Not necessarily. Replays are only show within the Replay folder only when the user actually downloads the run. However i didn't hit the hot key to download the replay. I also cant download it from the song select menu either because there was no data indicating that i successfully completed the run.
dung eater
I mean they go there after you play a map locally. osu! saves all replays by default, it might have saved it before it crashed.
sangu
if you got to the results screen, there should be an .osr file in the r folder. It is a hidden folder in the osu game files.

If you have windows 10, then you can reach this folder by typing %appdata% into the search bar near the start button. It should bring you to the roaming folder, back up one folder and open the local folder. Find the osu folder. Then at the top, if you have hidden folders viewable, then you should see a data folder. Open that and open the r folder inside.

In that folder will be all your local replays, but the names will be hard to read. Open the ones near the time of your play. Hopefully you find it. Its possible that the run was saved, but the client did not add it.
Topic Starter
Infernoscare
I was only able to find OSU in the temp folder within the Local Folder that contained nothing. Besides that there wasn't a independent OSU file that had the replays.
sangu
Are you running windows 10? If so, when you go to the local folder in appdata, assuming you did not change it from the default install location, you should see this:
Once inside the data folder, you should see this:

If you are running windows 7, this should still work for you, but it will be in the program filesx86 folder instead of the appdata folder. I do not ahve a windows 8 pc so I do not know which of the two it would install in.
Topic Starter
Infernoscare
No windows 10.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
"OSU"
why