forum

cannot improve no matter what

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iadfugh
(please dont say "play more" im trying to play as much as possible but osu gets boring)
i play for as long as i possibly can but im seeing no signs of improvement, instead im getting worse every time i play.
to me it seems to be either my aim or reading holding me back. when reading, should i look at each note or somewhere inbetween them? whenever i look at each note one by one, moving my eyes fast from one note to another makes my aim worse. ive played aim training maps, but they dont really help. i would take a break but i have a urge to keep playing, how do i get rid of this?
"stop playing 6* maps and play 5-4* maps"
i play maps above my level to have fun, apparently having fun = improvement, but even if i have fun, i still dont improve.

TL;DR how do i fix my reading and aim
(thanks for wasting ur time reading this, have a good day)
Disillusionz
It's simple:

-Play more
-Stop playing 6* maps

But seriously it doesn't even look like you've been able to FC any 5* maps, it's no fun playing what you can't handle
Fxjlk

zinxq wrote:

fun = improvement
Fun does not equal improvement, it keeps you playing which makes you improve more. It also makes you more motivated so you will concentrate harder and learn more. However if you are having fun doing things that are bad for improvement, fun does not equal improvement. An example of that is playing too far above your skill level or having fun by not playing seriously or not concentrating.

zinxq wrote:

should i look at each note or somewhere inbetween them
Depends on the situation you should not really think about it too much. If you find yourself shit missing or you have difficulty with certain parts explicitly read each note. However for maps with higher object density its better not to explicitly read each note because your eyes will get tired.

zinxq wrote:

please dont say "play more"
"Play more" is similar to "enjoy game". Both are very true but you have to play right and enjoy the game in the correct way if you want to improve.
ManuelOsuPlayer

zinxq wrote:

(please dont say "play more" im trying to play as much as possible but osu gets boring)
i play for as long as i possibly can but im seeing no signs of improvement, instead im getting worse every time i play.
to me it seems to be either my aim or reading holding me back. when reading, should i look at each note or somewhere inbetween them? whenever i look at each note one by one, moving my eyes fast from one note to another makes my aim worse. ive played aim training maps, but they dont really help. i would take a break but i have a urge to keep playing, how do i get rid of this?
i play maps above my level to have fun, apparently having fun = improvement, but even if i have fun, i still dont improve.

TL;DR how do i fix my reading and aim
(thanks for wasting ur time reading this, have a good day)
Having fun = learning faster. Having fun =/ improvement. Having fun working on something = improvment.
If you have fun playing 10* with all mods that isn't going to make you better, you can be sure 100% have fun don't make you play better. Also play more don't make you improve if you're not playing something where you can learn something usefull.
That also dosn't mean you have to stop play 6* songs, but try to focus more on the easier maps what you like, dosn't matter the * ratting. Search new maps too.
If you play only around 6* you are skipping tons of things and working on things that are much hardest to work on at hardest maps. Things what you need to improve faster. Also you skip a lot of low ar maps what are really good to work on reading. And for sure it's hard to aim something what you don't even know where it's.

If you want improve fast no matter what play 2*-3* ranked maps where you can't get at least an A, those are the maps where you can learn more because you have lack of basic skills to play them.
Don't expect fast improvment without basic skills.
N0thingSpecial
I can give you maps that helps you to improve but you sure as hell not gonna have fun.
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I can give you maps that helps you to improve but you sure as hell not gonna have fun.
Give them to me. I love different mapping. xD
Asop
You need to play easier maps. Given your tops ranks you should be playing around 4.00 star maps probably. Your goal should be to get 99% acc fc on easier songs and that will give you way more pp than barely passing 5.5* songs.

You'll probably be annoyed at getting told to play easier maps than you usually do, because I was too. I played around 4.7-4.9* maps for a long time when I should have been playing 4.2* maps. I went back and started only playing easier maps and that's what it took for me to finally start improving at all.
Kondou-Shinichi
Try playing more 5-6*
Try to play more kinds of map, like high bpm low bpm high spacing jump low spacing jump tech map gimmick map aspire maps old maps new maps stream maps low spacing high spacing streams low ar map high ar map
And try play more nomod
Nattsun

_Asop wrote:

You need to play easier maps. Given your tops ranks you should be playing around 4.00 star maps probably. Your goal should be to get 99% acc fc on easier songs and that will give you way more pp than barely passing 5.5* songs.

You'll probably be annoyed at getting told to play easier maps than you usually do, because I was too. I played around 4.7-4.9* maps for a long time when I should have been playing 4.2* maps. I went back and started only playing easier maps and that's what it took for me to finally start improving at all.
Period.
-Makishima S-
Yes, playing maps above your level is way for improving but you need to have working brain cells to understand what this really means.
For you playing 5-6* maps will just destroy your skills, not improve them.
You are not even able to play properly 5* maps and you go for 6*?

1. NF is a failure, there is no reason for touching mod which negate possible feedback on where your problem is. You will not improve by playing shit with NF at all.
2. Stay on 4 to low 5* maps if you really want as much as you can pull at least 90% acc low miss score. This maps are for improvement. Getting 70-80% shitload of misses score is just bad for your overall skillset, you are mashing shit, not playing a rhythm game.
autoteleology
It's really quite simple.

If you practice doing things poorly by mashing and rushing (aka playing above your skill level), then you will build bad habits.

If you practice doing things well by getting high accuracy and full combos (aka playing around your skill level), then you will build good habits.

What do you think is a better foundation to build upon, bad habits or good habits?

If you think you can force getting good by spamming and mashing, you're being disrespectful not only to the game, but to yourself. Respect how difficult the game is, and your limitations in playing it. Understand your limitations and seek to push them, not exceed them.