forum

the grand edict: rules of Off-Topic (read before posting)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
they're really simple. follow these and you'll have a good time (hopefully):

1. you may only post ONE thread per 24 hours. we don't care enough about this to track it to the hour but basically if you post multiple threads in a day, they'll be classed as shit threads and promptly disposed of.
  2. you can comment freely in any thread without limit. comment away. contribute, make stupid memes, do whatever, just do it in threads as comments, not comments as threads.
  3. overflowing zalgo will be deleted on sight. Text not constrained to the boundaries of their post is considered spam.
  4. games that involve forums (mafia, last person 2 post, mods vs admins, whatever) go to forum games. they count as your daily thread if you fuck up and post them in OT proper.
  5. if your thread involves an open-ended question and the discussion thereof (what's your favorite anime waifu etc), it belongs in surveys. see above.
  6. try to post entertaining and amusing content. OT is pretty much meant for silly discussions, so being a little silly is fine, but if your "silly" becomes indistinguishable from you actually being absolutely fucking stupid, you risk being exiled.
  7. serious discussion topics go to general discussions. topics about religion, politics, abortion, etc et al all go to GD for semi-serious discussion. alternatively, don't have these discussions at all.
  8. birthday threads must have no less than 3 anime dancing gifs in the OP. you can get exiled for repeatedly ignoring this. it's important. don't ask why it's important, it just is.
  9. if you repeatedly break the rules of the grand edict, you risk being exiled.
what does being exiled mean exactly?

exiled users will have their threads locked and wastelanded immediately as soon as a moderator notices. they're still free to talk in other people's threads, but even that privilege will be revoked if they continue being shit.

if an exiled user decides they want to be funny and spam the fuck out of the forum with threads that they know will get closed, they risk getting silenced pretty heavily. they can still make their one-a-day thread without risk, but even that will be closed as soon as a mod notices.

conversation in threads made by exiled users is a short-time thing, you can do it if you want, but it will never actually remain visible for more than a few hours at most.

after a while of being exiled and chatting relatively nicely in other people's threads, an exiled user might be returned to normal. maybe, but probably not. they got exiled in the first place for being a bastion of shit, so they're unlikely to change.

current exiled users:

nobody (yet)

*please stand by, while I choose a random name from a hat*
Zain Sugieres
Thank
DaddyCoolVipper
Seeing no politics allowed in OT feels kind of bad, but these rules should be a welcome change to the subforum. Hopefully people don't get too stupid trying to bend them or whatever
-Makishima S-
I tried... not even a single word from Eph of what i could have done better :(

kms
Fhaye
This is gonna be good.
Tae
Good to see that we're finally reaching some sort of solution. At least more people are willing to listen to someone of authority than to a regular person.

I guess time will tell how it's received by both sides... maybe we'll see something good from this?

Maybe it'll just be abused at some point.
Edgar_Figaro
I think these rules seem like a fair compromise.
Mahogany
mrw eph exiles some of the best ot users but doesn't touch any of the worst ones
http://i.imgur.com/D2YiogV.png
Naimae
So is there no redemption once you've been exiled?

I didn't read, lol
Ashton
well, at least I'm not alone. B- I would say baka but it would make it worse lol
roshan117

Mahogany wrote:

mrw eph exiles some of the best ot users but doesn't touch any of the worst ones
http://i.imgur.com/D2YiogV.png
He prob did it because it would make other ppl happy to get rhe users rhey dont like exiled

That would be most logical
Tae

roshan117 wrote:

He prob did it because it would make other ppl happy to get rhe users rhey dont like exiled

If you wanna talk about logic maybe the fact the three of you are exiled is because it's you three who post the most shit threads. Ever thought about that?

It has nothing to do with personal opinions.
Endaris

Ephemeral wrote:

1. serious discussion topics go to general discussions. topics about religion, politics, abortion, etc et al all go to GD for semi-serious discussion. alternatively, don't have these discussions at all.
You can't regulate the free market like this.
Ashton

Tae wrote:

roshan117 wrote:

If you wanna talk about logic maybe the fact the three of you are exiled is because it's you three who post the most shit threads. Ever thought about that?

There's a way to properly shitpost and improperly shitpost. You can't call any of the threads in OT not a 'shitpost'.

Unfortunately, us three shitposted improperly. Many, many, times.

:c_baka:
B1rd
Topics about religion, politics, abortion et cetera have always been an OT thing. GD is for shitty "post your x" threads and similar. The "post one thread a day" rule is also completely unnecessary, people posting more than one thread a day was never harmful in the first place.
Tae

Canadian Baka wrote:

There's a way to properly shitpost and improperly shitpost. You can't call any of the threads in OT not a 'shitpost'.
I didn't mention the word shitpost even once.
Ashton

Tae wrote:

Canadian Baka wrote:

I didn't mention the word shitpost even once.
I thought you did but you said shit thread.

Same thing?
roshan117

Tae wrote:

roshan117 wrote:

i never said i didnt make those threads

i was giving reasoning as to why he didnt exile the other people who have done the same stuff as me, cb, and luqanted
Yuudachi-kun
Roshan exiled finally
roshan117

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Roshan exiled finally
Ikr daddy about time
show more