forum

Getting lags in gameplay :ok_hand: (Yes I'm asking for help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aitor98
I didn't expect myself making a post like this but, I just tried everything I could think about but it still doesn't work.

It's been a week already since my osu started lagging like hell (more like jumping fps) while playing and it's starting to annoy me a little bit too much. I tried to analyze everything I could and I checked that my CPU usage arises and goes down everytime I play a song (It goes up to 30-35% while playing, 10-20% in song select and 0-5% while tabbed) but I don't really think that's a problem at all. The best thing of this is that when I play any o2jam convert that has the music in the effects (if someone has ever downloaded any o2jam converts you'll know what I'm talking about) I get 0 fps drops, 0 lags. In fact, it goes as smooth as never before. If I talk about memoy usage, it doesn't use too much (around 400-600MB). Every new map I download gets lagged as well. I was afraid to mess with the cfg files even though they're just settings but idk man.

Anyways, here's a list of the things I've tried to do:
-Reinstall osu!
-Changing versions
-Changing Frame Limiters and every option in the renderer section in the options
-Defragging disk
-Changing osu to another logical drive
-Changing osu to another hard drive
-Restore my system to an old image backup
-Throw myself through the window
-Throw the PC through the window
-Trying to play osu! with literally everything closed except OS stuff
-Checked the .osu file versions just in case
-Update my GPU drivers
-Pretty sure I've tried more stuff but I don't really remember right now

I'm 100% my PC specs are good enough to run this, but I'll post them anyways.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz Quad Core / I've heard about osu having issues with multi core CPUs but I don't think this is the problem (Socket 1155 in 2017 LUL)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Memory: 8192MB
HDD: 7200rpm

I do have a SSD as well but it doesn't make any sense to put it in here since that's not going to be the problem at all.

With all said, I will patiently wait for an useful answer. Feel free to ask anything else, I'll try to answer it.

Thanks in advance :D
WetMagic
Haven't had a problem like that, so reaallllly have no answer for it, I know you System Restored but could try the FF:

Anti-Virus Scan to your old osu! and probably overall
Fresh install of osu! and fresh download of beatmaps , and not to be merged/cut/copied or installed into your old osu!folder.
Any other recent problems outside osu! ? Recent Problems in other games?
Recently installed programs? should check Program and features just incase something got installed you weren't aware of.
Restart Computer, check for Task Manager Running Apps to see anything you don't recognize or anomalies.
When Playing osu! beatmaps, check Task Manager if it adds suspicious running programs.
Temporary disable Internet Access and play? hehe who knows.

Re-install nvidia driver to an older stable driver version (sadly I tried google for most latest stable version, dunno which) mine is 378.78 had no problem so far.
Nvidia GeForce Experience generally has been nothing but problems in the past for most Nvidia Users, dunno how it is now but never ever installed it again, try uninstalling this.

Try this settings for osu! nvidia program settings:
https://gyazo.com/f061febc24bc7ffcb71f7f934341dc31
https://gyazo.com/2a29d868b009f60a3817eeb36c2a5b77
Topic Starter
aitor98
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't really think the problem is gpu based at all, since I don't have any problems in all the games I have. I have also scanned the osu folder and it is fine, nothing suspicious. Talking about recently installed programs... I would say that I updated .NET framework from 4.5 to 4.6.1 so I could try to make a downgrade.
I've checked the Task Manager from top to botton so many times that I don't really wanna check it anymore lol (everything fine). Just tried to play with no internet access and still the same.

The most suspìcious thing would be the framework thing, I'll work on it later.

Thanks for the advices btw <3
Full Tablet
If it only lags with maps that don't use virtual audio file (o2jam converts usually use virtual instead of a mp3, and put the music in the storyboard or keysounds), the problem might be related to your audio device's clock.

Check the playback device settings. Disable any effects if you have them enabled, set the audio format to 16-bit 48kHz if it was higher.

If that doesn't work, swap drivers (for example if you have a realtek audio device in your motherboard with realtek drivers installed, change to generic Windows audio drivers, or install realtek drivers if you were using generic ones).
Topic Starter
aitor98

Full Tablet wrote:

If it only lags with maps that don't use virtual audio file (o2jam converts usually use virtual instead of a mp3, and put the music in the storyboard or keysounds), the problem might be related to your audio device's clock.

Check the playback device settings. Disable any effects if you have them enabled, set the audio format to 16-bit 48kHz if it was higher.

If that doesn't work, swap drivers (for example if you have a realtek audio device in your motherboard with realtek drivers installed, change to generic Windows audio drivers, or install realtek drivers if you were using generic ones).
The god itself just fixed my problem. I love you man I wish I could marry you irl
Noderum

aitor98 wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

The god itself just fixed my problem. I love you man I wish I could marry you irl
Glad to see that you've fixed your problem :D Next time though try not to throw your computer out of the window ;)
abraker

Noderum wrote:

Glad to see that you've fixed your problem :D Next time though try not to throw your computer out of the window ;)
Or himself for that matter