forum

Taiko Kyu / Dan Rankings - ON HOLD

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
animexamera
Because of Windows preventing me from playing properly i will take a break from osu

To provide an alternative to the pp we all know I have decided to complete a project started by Tasha called the Taiko Kyu / Dan Rankings.
It resembles the way osu!mania Dans are like, so for those searching for an example: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/304816.

This project is something everybody can contribute to.
This forum post is for map suggestions as well as ideas on what skills a player needs to have to obtain a certain rank.

THIS IS NOTHING FINAL ITS JUST AN IDEA
Everything is free to criticize, in fact please do, any ideas or proposals will be minded. For suggestions needing a discussion feel free to write me on Discord animexamera#0691, elsewise just comment on this post. Even small things like the structure of this post can be of help understanding what the Kyu Dan Rankings are about so feel free to point those out as well.

Concept
The following link shows what ranks there are and a rough sketch of the how it will look, everything in the document is only placeholders: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QWJsQ5KVXF8bFbBaTtA4-jb8cELn6G3b_UdwGvDkHUE/edit?usp=sharing
The ranks are unrelated to star rating but for starters i will define some indications.

7th Kyu (=> the worst rank) will contain maps anyone can pass, it is what mappers call "Beginner", it wont even contain 1/2 snapped patterns

1st Kyu (=> 7th of 18 ranks) will be the rank people that understood the way of taiko achieve, its where the noob phase ends and you can call yourself a taiko player. This rank will contain maps with ALL basic patterns (=> all triplets, short monocolour streams, e.t.c.)

5th Dan (=> 12th of 18 ranks) I plan to take myself (=> rank #500, 6K pp) as reference for this rank because its the middle stair of profiency which is associate myself with.
The maps of this Dan will contain long complex streams, simpler 1/6 and BPM ~240

6th Dan and above I dont have any specific plans as to what patterns will be used for these ranks, i will gather ideas from the people i consider to be a specific rank and orientate myself on their skills, ask them for maps and else.

10th Dan (=> 17th of 18 ranks) will be the absolute elite, its the top 10.

Kaiden (=> 18th rank) will be the unreachable, I will orientate myself on _yu68 for this but hope to make it something he can aspire to become, something he needs to train hard for.

How to obtain a certain rank(Kyu/Dan/Kaiden)
There will be compiled maps for each ranks respective maps.
If you pass one of these composed maps under given pass requirements, you achieve the rank.
Possible pass requirements are Combo, Accuracy, Score(V2), Misses
If you achieve a rank beeing 7th Dan or better you will be given the opportunity to enter the hall of fame, just send me the replay.
In case you want to boast about your rank remember to save the replay.
Hall of Fame
DeletedUser_4050493
Started my Taiko Adventure on 2k17 (before 2k17 just trolling with the mode) hope the compiled map released soon to help me improve :D
Topic Starter
animexamera

Kyunshi wrote:

Started my Taiko Adventure on 2k17 (before 2k17 just trolling with the mode) hope the compiled map released soon to help me improve :D
I am sorry to dissapoint you but this will take a while longer but in the meantime you can take a look at this:
Taiko Beginner Guide
a SHITLOAD of maps