This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
8,590 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on segunda-feira, 31 de julho de 2017 at 12:30:29

Artist: Blank Banshee
Title: B:/ Infinite Login
Tags: vaporwave vaportrap windows blue dragon
BPM: 90
Filesize: 1728kb
Play Time: 00:59
Difficulties Available:
  • Hard (3,03 stars, 133 notes)
  • Normal (1,94 stars, 87 notes)
  • Welcome (3,96 stars, 170 notes)

Download: Blank Banshee - B:/ Infinite Login
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Image
Blank Banshee 1 (2013)
Track 1
Last edited by Mismagius on , edited 21 times in total.
User avatar
Star Shooter
219 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
subscription-botBOT - Today at 7:01 PM
New map by Blue Dragon: Blank Banshee - B:/ Infinite Login
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/618938
User avatar
Beat Clicker
56 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
yES
BLESS O!SUB BOT OMG
User avatar
Combo Commander
279 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
User avatar
Slider Savant
92 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
From #modreqs
Looks great!
So little to mod.
Do you have an Easy diff in the works already? xd
Normal
00:11:303 (3) - This looks and plays fine but remember.
Quote:
Avoid 1/2 sliders with multiple reverses. New players are unable to read additional reverses because they are visible for such a short amount of time.



Keep up the good work my dude.

AND THE V A P O R W A R E 8-)
User avatar
Star Shooter
235 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi! You requested mods in #modreqs, so im here to see if i can help you at least a bit
i really hope my mod helps you :S

Normal:

1. 00:06:303 (2,3,4) - in my opinión, this should have an equal spacing, or move the slider "2" a bit up?
2. 00:30:303 (3,4,5,6) - maybe im wrong, but make this part have an equal spacing?
3. stupid question, but why making 00:50:303 (3,4) like that, when you make it like 00:44:970 (3,4) or something like 00:54:637 (1,2)


Hard:

1. 00:24:303 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - everything have the same spacing here... except 00:24:637 (5,6) maybe fix it? :?
2. 00:44:303 (2,3,4,5,1) - why not trying to make the circles have the same spacing that the gree slider?
3. 00:54:970 (2,3,4,5,6) - same reason as #2... also, why not making new combo at 00:55:803 (6), like you did at 00:45:137 (1) ?
4. 00:56:970 (7,8,9,1) - separate this a Little bit, they are too close


Welcome (to osu! xdd):

1. 00:55:303 (4,5,1) - try taking the slider "4" and pull it down, so it can look like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8214860 (thats just my idea UWU)


Thats all, this song is my favorite one from Blank Banshee, and its amazing i can finally see it mapped uwu good job
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
8,590 posts
Offline
Mini Gaunt wrote:
From #modreqs
Looks great!
So little to mod.
Do you have an Easy diff in the works already? xd no idea if im gonna do it, the song has really unusual rhythms and mapping a normal for it was already streching a lot of rhthms and undermapping
Normal
00:11:303 (3) - This looks and plays fine but remember.
Quote:
Avoid 1/2 sliders with multiple reverses. New players are unable to read additional reverses because they are visible for such a short amount of time.
yeah but i believe that the slider is slow enough, there's exactly 500ms between each repeat

Hard
00:37:970 (6) - NC done but idk about this


Keep up the good work my dude.

AND THE V A P O R W A R E 8-)

Joe Castle wrote:
Hi! You requested mods in #modreqs, so im here to see if i can help you at least a bit
i really hope my mod helps you :S

Normal:

1. 00:06:303 (2,3,4) - in my opinión, this should have an equal spacing, or move the slider "2" a bit up? they have equal spacing though, it's a 0.01x difference because of grid, but done
2. 00:30:303 (3,4,5,6) - maybe im wrong, but make this part have an equal spacing? they all have the same spacing
3. stupid question, but why making 00:50:303 (3,4) like that, when you make it like 00:44:970 (3,4) or something like 00:54:637 (1,2) variation i guess


Hard:

1. 00:24:303 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - everything have the same spacing here... except 00:24:637 (5,6) maybe fix it? :? done
2. 00:44:303 (2,3,4,5,1) - why not trying to make the circles have the same spacing that the gree slider? i prefer having them stacked if thats what you mean
3. 00:54:970 (2,3,4,5,6) - same reason as #2... also, why not making new combo at 00:55:803 (6), like you did at 00:45:137 (1) ? ^ but the nc suggestion is right, fixed
4. 00:56:970 (7,8,9,1) - separate this a Little bit, they are too close thats because of stacking lol


Welcome (to osu! xdd):

1. 00:55:303 (4,5,1) - try taking the slider "4" and pull it down, so it can look like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8214860 (thats just my idea UWU) its spaced like this because of emphasis


Thats all, this song is my favorite one from Blank Banshee, and its amazing i can finally see it mapped uwu good job
User avatar
Spinner Sage
129 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
IRC mod
2017-05-31 04:11 stickAcc: Heyo o/
2017-05-31 04:11 Blue Dragon: hello
2017-05-31 04:11 stickAcc: I'm here with some, uhm, modding...
2017-05-31 04:11 Blue Dragon: nice :D
2017-05-31 04:12 stickAcc: i think, you can put some notes between these 00:16:970 (3,4) - notes, right on bass sounds
2017-05-31 04:12 stickAcc: without big spacing
2017-05-31 04:12 Blue Dragon: you mean on last diff?
2017-05-31 04:12 stickAcc: yeah
2017-05-31 04:12 Blue Dragon: i thought about it, but i like it better like this, as it emphasizes the two sounds
2017-05-31 04:12 stickAcc: and check aimod
2017-05-31 04:13 stickAcc: there's an unsnapped note
2017-05-31 04:13 stickAcc: hm, ok...
2017-05-31 04:14 stickAcc: maybe make it overlapped? 00:22:470 (7,8) -
2017-05-31 04:14 stickAcc: not stacked
2017-05-31 04:14 stickAcc: like here 00:23:970 (1,2) -
2017-05-31 04:15 Blue Dragon: imo it looks better stacked, the reason i did it like that on the other cases was that it became almost unreadable there
2017-05-31 04:15 Blue Dragon: as it was almost 100% overlapping with the slider
2017-05-31 04:15 Blue Dragon: but eh
2017-05-31 04:15 Blue Dragon: to be consistent i'm gonna apply it
2017-05-31 04:15 stickAcc: hmm... oki
2017-05-31 04:15 Blue Dragon: since its stupid to leave it like that anyways[
2017-05-31 04:16 Blue Dragon: aimod crashes my editor btw :(
2017-05-31 04:16 Blue Dragon: which note is it
2017-05-31 04:16 stickAcc: and there's nothing else to say on last diff
2017-05-31 04:17 stickAcc: Song gives pleasure to my ears...
2017-05-31 04:17 stickAcc: ok, on hard diff:
2017-05-31 04:19 stickAcc: 00:24:303 (2,3,4,5) - i think putting a slider instead of this 00:24:470 (4) - notes and making this slider longer till the blue tick would be better
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: uh
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: whats the unsnapped note
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: http://puu.sh/w674X/f1a3cdc9be.png
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: this keeps happening
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: whenever i try to open aimod
2017-05-31 04:19 Blue Dragon: and my osu! crashes after
2017-05-31 04:19 stickAcc: wuuuuuuut
2017-05-31 04:19 stickAcc: hm, let me link
2017-05-31 04:20 stickAcc: 00:14:470 (4) -
2017-05-31 04:20 stickAcc: this slider
2017-05-31 04:20 Blue Dragon: oh
2017-05-31 04:20 Blue Dragon: fixd
2017-05-31 04:20 stickAcc: ok, on hard
2017-05-31 04:21 stickAcc: and... that's all on hard
2017-05-31 04:22 stickAcc: 00:24:303 (2,3,4,5) - only this spot i noticed weird
2017-05-31 04:22 Blue Dragon: hmm
2017-05-31 04:22 Blue Dragon: i really dont wanna skip this beat 00:24:637 (5) -
2017-05-31 04:22 Blue Dragon: so yeah probably not applying that
2017-05-31 04:22 stickAcc: oh wait
2017-05-31 04:23 stickAcc: somehow i selected 5 note
2017-05-31 04:23 stickAcc: oh wait
2017-05-31 04:23 stickAcc: nvm
2017-05-31 04:23 Blue Dragon: nah i get what you mean
2017-05-31 04:24 stickAcc: i mean
2017-05-31 04:25 stickAcc: to do something like that https://puu.sh/w67jc/3086a0fdc5.png
2017-05-31 04:25 stickAcc: and normal is ok
2017-05-31 04:26 Blue Dragon: yeah but then i'd skip the white tick beat
2017-05-31 04:26 Blue Dragon: at 24:637
2017-05-31 04:26 stickAcc: is there a beat?
2017-05-31 04:26 Blue Dragon: yeah, the one i'm using the clap :p
2017-05-31 04:26 stickAcc: ooh
2017-05-31 04:26 Blue Dragon: no vocals, but percussion
2017-05-31 04:26 stickAcc: i see
2017-05-31 04:27 Blue Dragon: and alright
2017-05-31 04:27 stickAcc: I thought the clap is this beat


Song is so cool, my ears are in pleasure

Good luck, Blue Dragonerino! <3
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
552 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi! M4M as agreed <3

00:38:637 - maybe this could be kiai, the song here sounds more emphasised and louder, so it could be a good place for it ^^


Image Welcome



00:05:303 (1) - Silence the sliderslide here? If not I would consider making it a bit quieter because in constrast to the song its a bit on the loud side.

00:09:220 (1) - Sounds like it lands on a yellow tick if I am honest, although since it's a slider to hit maybe filler is okay, your call on this one.

00:19:637 (6) - ^ (ending this on yellow tick rather)

EDIT because I forgot 00:30:553 (4) - yellow tick thing again, the sliderhead could work better on yellow.


00:32:637 (2) - Perhaps shorting this to a 1/4 slider and adding a note on the 1/2 would bring more player response. I think it will be more engaging this way because they will be clicking those prominent sounds in the song.

00:50:637 (1) - This is put into a new combo but before on the same rhythm and song part (00:39:803) it's not new combo'd?

00:53:220 (3) - ^^

00:57:303 (5) - This isn't NC'ed and on other diffs it is, I would consider it for the variation in vocals and distortion here.

With the yellow tick there was one more I noticed, but since it's engraved in a rhythm so much I felt like it would detach from the flow too much to mention, but it's at 00:42:470 (5) - if you're adamant on changing if (if you agree to above ofc)

Image Hard



00:39:803 (1) - This is NC'ed but on your other two diffs it isn't.

00:50:470 (1) - Remove NC for consistency too and put it 00:51:970 (3) instead.

00:45:137 (1,2) - With the way osu stacks it feels a bit odd to play this in conjunction with how the spacing of everything else goes. I don't know with testplay this always felt like a bigger objective to hit compared to everything else, made more odd by the fact its not a strong beat. I would reconsider how you've mapped that triple.

Extremely well made difficulty, works really well!

Image Normal



I would consider naming this difficulty advanced just so you have a better ground for the use of 1/8 reverses and 1/4 notes, because I am unsure they're fit for a normal. I know the bpm is low but the way they're executed is in a complex way that I believe newer players will have issue grasping. Advanced denotes that a player may need more skill to be achieve consistency and understanding of the rhythm you've mapped.

00:11:303 (3) - Double reverses are usually discouraged from normals, perhaps even more so since it's right next to a single reverse - I don't know, it's your discretion on this one! This is also the only time a double reverse appears which makes it a bit more odd too. :s

00:30:803 (4) - NC for consistency with your other diffs :)

00:37:303 (3) - ^

00:45:137 (4) - ^ (and then remove 00:46:637 (1) )

00:55:803 (4) - You could also put an NC here although since it would only last 1 note I don't think it's as needed as the others, but it could be :shrug:

00:57:303 (1) - I feel you could do more with the slider in terms of how it represents the distortion on the vocals, maybe a wave or zig-zag slider could work?

00:58:637 (3) - NC for consistency again! :P

great looking map and I absolutely love the song choice, please please please get this ranked <3
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
8,590 posts
Offline
-Space- wrote:
Hi! M4M as agreed <3

00:38:637 - maybe this could be kiai, the song here sounds more emphasised and louder, so it could be a good place for it ^^ not a big fan of kiai ):


Image Welcome



00:05:303 (1) - Silence the sliderslide here? If not I would consider making it a bit quieter because in constrast to the song its a bit on the loud side. is sliderslide silencing unrankable? i'm not sure if it is but if it isn't im gonna silence here

00:09:220 (1) - Sounds like it lands on a yellow tick if I am honest, although since it's a slider to hit maybe filler is okay, your call on this one. well, the "ding"
sound is indeed a bit later but it'd play a bit awkwardly & also there's a percussion sound at the blue tick so it should be fine


00:19:637 (6) - ^ (ending this on yellow tick rather)

EDIT because I forgot 00:30:553 (4) - yellow tick thing again, the sliderhead could work better on yellow.


00:32:637 (2) - Perhaps shorting this to a 1/4 slider and adding a note on the 1/2 would bring more player response. I think it will be more engaging this way because they will be clicking those prominent sounds in the song. would make sense, but i don't think adding a filler at the sliderend would work here as it's pretty much complete silence

00:50:637 (1) - This is put into a new combo but before on the same rhythm and song part (00:39:803) it's not new combo'd? in this case it's a measure start though

00:53:220 (3) - ^^ if you mean the yellow tick, same as before

00:57:303 (5) - This isn't NC'ed and on other diffs it is, I would consider it for the variation in vocals and distortion here. my bad, fixed

With the yellow tick there was one more I noticed, but since it's engraved in a rhythm so much I felt like it would detach from the flow too much to mention, but it's at 00:42:470 (5) - if you're adamant on changing if (if you agree to above ofc)

Image Hard



00:39:803 (1) - This is NC'ed but on your other two diffs it isn't. yeah, this diff follows a slightly different NCing method, it also happens at 00:45:137 (1) - and 00:50:470 (1) -

00:50:470 (1) - Remove NC for consistency too and put it 00:51:970 (3) instead. ^

00:45:137 (1,2) - With the way osu stacks it feels a bit odd to play this in conjunction with how the spacing of everything else goes. I don't know with testplay this always felt like a bigger objective to hit compared to everything else, made more odd by the fact its not a strong beat. I would reconsider how you've mapped that triple. doesnt feel that challenging to me o.o spacing is the same as everywhere and stacking really doesnt change much

Extremely well made difficulty, works really well!

Image Normal



I would consider naming this difficulty advanced just so you have a better ground for the use of 1/8 reverses and 1/4 notes, because I am unsure they're fit for a normal. I know the bpm is low but the way they're executed is in a complex way that I believe newer players will have issue grasping. Advanced denotes that a player may need more skill to be achieve consistency and understanding of the rhythm you've mapped. yeah, but i'd have to make an easier diff, and this is the most i can simplify the rhythm before pretty much not following the song at all, while making it still playable.

00:11:303 (3) - Double reverses are usually discouraged from normals, perhaps even more so since it's right next to a single reverse - I don't know, it's your discretion on this one! This is also the only time a double reverse appears which makes it a bit more odd too. :s justified in other mods - the time is enough to check this reverse arrow. should work well enough imo

00:30:803 (4) - NC for consistency with your other diffs :) done

00:37:303 (3) - ^ done

00:45:137 (4) - ^ (and then remove 00:46:637 (1) ) eh, doesnt make much sense in this case musically for this diff

00:55:803 (4) - You could also put an NC here although since it would only last 1 note I don't think it's as needed as the others, but it could be :shrug: hmm nah

00:57:303 (1) - I feel you could do more with the slider in terms of how it represents the distortion on the vocals, maybe a wave or zig-zag slider could work? done

00:58:637 (3) - NC for consistency again! :P meh, wouldnt really fit with the pattern/song

great looking map and I absolutely love the song choice, please please please get this ranked <3
User avatar
Star Shooter
221 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hi there, from #modreqs!


General
Try moving the offset to 2644, it sounds much better to me that way

Welcome and Hard suffer from some rhythmical inconsistencies, but they're not as bad on Hard, because you don't have as many ways to express rhythm as in Welcome. I do understand what you're trying to go for, but it just doesn't work out well enough if you don't keep your choices consistent.



Welcome
This diff suffers the most from these inconsistencies, but they aren't that bad and should be easy to fix.

00:06:477 (2) - I feel like overall emphasis could be improved here by increasing the HS volume with each blue tick. Also a small personal nitpick: Try rotating the slider by around -30°, as I'm personally not a big fan of diagonal sliders and think, that slightly rotated ones look much cleaner.

00:09:144 (1) - I disagree with having the same slider shape as the one you used for your last slider (00:07:977 (1) - ), because you're ignoring the drum on (00:09:644 - ) with it.
My suggestions for this would be to either shorten (00:09:144 (1) - ) to end on said red tick, place a circle on the current slider's end and extend (00:10:144 (2) - ) to end on (00:10:477 - ) to map the bass the same way you did it with your first slider (00:05:310 (1) - ) and have more consistent rhythms.
Another way to solve this is to alter the slider shapes of sliders that have drum beats on them to have a red sliderpoint when the drum beats appear in the music, so you don't completely ignore them.

00:11:144 (4) - As you've already ignored the echo before (00:03:644 (1,2,3) - ), you should just stick to the bass and percussion here for consistency's sake. I hope you get the idea, because it would take me really long to list every single thing up, so I'm just gonna name a few of them, so you can fix everything yourself.
How I would change this
Image


00:15:532 (2,3,4,5) - This is the only instance where you have a stream snapped in 1/3, but it seems to fail to stand out enough for the player to realize that this is a 1/3 stream. Try increasing the DS by at least .2 or giving all of them an NC to make it more readable.

00:15:977 - This part feels a bit awkward to me tbh, because you suddenly stop emphasizing the bass, making it feel very forced. I highly recommend you to work on it, to make it feel more natural.
This is how I would handle the rhythm here
Image
Image


00:23:060 (8) - You should change this slider into a circle-slider double, because the tick this slider starts on is weaker than the one it ends on, due to the blue tick having a voice sample added to it. You could bypass this and even improve the rhythm in this part by placing a 1/4 slider on said blue tick and replacing (00:23:477 (9) - ) with a 1/4 reverse slider, so you can catch the sound that gets louder as well, like earlier (00:06:477 - ).

00:29:977 (2,3) - If you decide to stack after a 1/1 gap, you should always stack it, so the player knows how to react to them in the upcoming patterns, which you however don't do anymore in the rest of your map. It's also really misleading to have three stacked objects with two different beat gaps between them, so you should definitely move these two away (00:30:310 (3,4) - ).

00:33:970 (5) - 1/4 slider here and 1/2 slider on (00:34:137 - ) instead?

00:44:394 (2) - Same issue as (00:23:060 (8) - ).

00:48:727 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Having a stream with 15% HS volume just feels like you're trying to force difficulty in your map. If the percussion only supports light beats, you should just use sliders instead of circles, to make the rhythmical intensity more appropriate. I would map (00:48:644 - ) with a 1/8 slider and (00:48:810 - ) with a 1/8 reverse slider, as it still has a pretty strong drum on it. If you accepted the point about HS volume earlier, you could try incorporating that here as well.

00:53:144 (3) - How about making this end on (00:53:477 - ), adding a 1/4 slider here (00:53:644 - ) and placing a 1/2 slider on (00:54:144 - )?

00:58:644 - How about this?
Image



Hard
00:06:470 (2) - Same point as in Welcome.



Normal
00:06:803 (3) - Same point again.


Great song choice, good luck!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
8,590 posts
Offline
Lulu- wrote:
Hi there, from #modreqs!


General
Try moving the offset to 2644, it sounds much better to me that way mp3 reencode shenanigans, fixed

Welcome and Hard suffer from some rhythmical inconsistencies, but they're not as bad on Hard, because you don't have as many ways to express rhythm as in Welcome. haven't checked the mod yet but some of these were intentional in the last diff, but let's see



Welcome
This diff suffers the most from these inconsistencies, but they aren't that bad and should be easy to fix.

00:06:477 (2) - I feel like overall emphasis could be improved here by increasing the HS volume with each blue tick. Also a small personal nitpick: Try rotating the slider by around -30°, as I'm personally not a big fan of diagonal sliders and think, that slightly rotated ones look much cleaner. done both, also curved the slider slightly so it looks nicer

00:09:144 (1) - I disagree with having the same slider shape as the one you used for your last slider (00:07:977 (1) - ), because you're ignoring the drum on (00:09:644 - ) with it.
My suggestions for this would be to either shorten (00:09:144 (1) - ) to end on said red tick, place a circle on the current slider's end and extend (00:10:144 (2) - ) to end on (00:10:477 - ) to map the bass the same way you did it with your first slider (00:05:310 (1) - ) and have more consistent rhythms.
Another way to solve this is to alter the slider shapes of sliders that have drum beats on them to have a red sliderpoint when the drum beats appear in the music, so you don't completely ignore them. I've mapped the ~15 first seconds of the map months before I decided to continue it and map the rest. I honestly completely forgot about the rhythm I was going for here, and there are many issues with keeping this slider as it is (such as the fact that the ding sound isn't exactly on the blue tick). Gonna remove the sliderspeed change and map the slider to the percussion.

00:11:144 (4) - As you've already ignored the echo before (00:03:644 (1,2,3) - ), you should just stick to the bass and percussion here for consistency's sake. I hope you get the idea, because it would take me really long to list every single thing up, so I'm just gonna name a few of them, so you can fix everything yourself. yeah, fixed
How I would change this
Image


00:15:532 (2,3,4,5) - This is the only instance where you have a stream snapped in 1/3, but it seems to fail to stand out enough for the player to realize that this is a 1/3 stream. Try increasing the DS by at least .2 or giving all of them an NC to make it more readable. NCing it is then

00:15:977 - This part feels a bit awkward to me tbh, because you suddenly stop emphasizing the bass, making it feel very forced. I highly recommend you to work on it, to make it feel more natural.
This is how I would handle the rhythm here
Image
Image
don't really agree with this one. the 1/2 percussion that happens here is pretty stupid musically because the emphasizing is just all over the place, and trying to make a map around that would probably be pretty awkward for the player to actually know what he's following. i think that the theme of the map is more consistent if i don't spam this part with 1/2s and instead follow the more.. interesting notes. gonna add some bass notes here though since they were ignored for pretty much no reason at all. hopefully this part makes more sense now while still not being full 1/2.

00:23:060 (8) - You should change this slider into a circle-slider double, because the tick this slider starts on is weaker than the one it ends on, due to the blue tick having a voice sample added to it. You could bypass this and even improve the rhythm in this part by placing a 1/4 slider on said blue tick and replacing (00:23:477 (9) - ) with a 1/4 reverse slider, so you can catch the sound that gets louder as well, like earlier (00:06:477 - ). meh... don't really want to agree with this one because i liked the slider gimmick and i don't want to use filler notes in this map at all. however everyone's gonna complain about these because they don't "emphasize well enough" so just threw 2 notes in there.

00:29:977 (2,3) - If you decide to stack after a 1/1 gap, you should always stack it, so the player knows how to react to them in the upcoming patterns, which you however don't do anymore in the rest of your map. It's also really misleading to have three stacked objects with two different beat gaps between them, so you should definitely move these two away (00:30:310 (3,4) - ). fixed

00:33:970 (5) - 1/4 slider here and 1/2 slider on (00:34:137 - ) instead? did something else here

00:44:394 (2) - Same issue as (00:23:060 (8) - ). done

00:48:727 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Having a stream with 15% HS volume just feels like you're trying to force difficulty in your map. If the percussion only supports light beats, you should just use sliders instead of circles, to make the rhythmical intensity more appropriate. I would map (00:48:644 - ) with a 1/8 slider and (00:48:810 - ) with a 1/8 reverse slider, as it still has a pretty strong drum on it. If you accepted the point about HS volume earlier, you could try incorporating that here as well. idk, i don't think it's supposed to force difficulty, i just feel like sliders REALLY don't fit here, there's a constant sound that asks for movement here, and i don't think a reverse slider is gonna do anything here, besides it'd be the only place in the map where i'd do this kind of stuff.
it'd just feel way too out of place.


00:53:144 (3) - How about making this end on (00:53:477 - ), adding a 1/4 slider here (00:53:644 - ) and placing a 1/2 slider on (00:54:144 - )? ending this slider on 53:644 felt much better as i got rid of the filler note i was using there

00:58:644 - How about this? fixed this by removing the filler note



Hard
00:06:470 (2) - Same point as in Welcome. done



Normal
00:06:803 (3) - Same point again. done


Great song choice, good luck!
User avatar
Beat Clicker
78 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
From my modding queue :)


Normal
There is not much to say here, so all I can do is give minor suggestions to the map's structure




Hard
I was unable to detect any mistakes in this difficulty, so I'll have once again to give minor suggestions



Welcome

  • 00:15:310 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - NC spam influences the map's final HP drain (as you may recall was said about that Cry Thunder HR practice map, on a slightly unrelated note), I suggest you, like, don't do it
  • 00:18:477 (6) - NC
  • 00:21:644 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The "ah"s don't quite qualify as an intensity change that calls for that much of a difference in difficulty (reading, for this pattern). The added rhythm is fine, but arrange it so a 1/4 triple doesn't overlap a 1/2 stack. Even if it's not technically incorrect, it doesn't make contextual sense
  • 00:31:144 (6,1,2) - I understand why 1 is spaced further apart, but why is 2 aswell? 2 should be a little closer to 1 since it doesn't have a snare on it or anything like that
  • 00:46:644 (1,2,3,4,5) - Here, instead, there isn't enough emphasis on 2, which is spaced even closer to 1 than it is to 3-4-5
  • 00:57:310 (1,2,3) - ^

    EDIT; it seems while I was modding you updated the map and this popped up
  • 00:19:644 (8) - unsnapped


I could not point out that many things, nor that important, but I do hope I was of some sort of help.
Thank you for using my queue :)

On a partially related note, I would appreciate if you gave me some feedback about this mod (not the things I pointed out themselves as much as whether I looked for the right things to point out). I believe to be no good when it comes to maps that are essentially ready for rank already, I would therefore appreciate some guidance by a mapper whom I regard highly. Have a pleasant day :)
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
8,590 posts
Offline
Mombei wrote:
From my modding queue :)


Normal
There is not much to say here, so all I can do is give minor suggestions to the map's structure

  • 00:00:136 (1,1) - This looks and plays fine, but technically spinners should have 2 beats of recovery time on normal difficulties 1000ms is fine i think
  • 00:10:977 (2) - You may want to tilt these straight sliders slightly (about 5 degrees) for aesthetic value, but I guess the look you were going for isn't what I'm suggesting here (Other sliders being 00:13:144 (4,2,1,3,1,3,4,3) - Though, you do use tilted sliders consistently after a while so idk sort that out) nah,
    i want them to be straight
  • 00:07:810 (4,1) - The sound this pattern follows starts on 4, so you may want to swap NCs yeah, but the measure starts at where the nc currently is
  • 00:21:310 (1,2) - 00:27:810 (2,3) - 00:31:977 (1,2) - 00:57:310 (1,2,3,4,5) - The ranking criteria suggests against overlapping of sliderheads/tails, though this here is pretty minor i don't think it would make sense in this case



Hard
I was unable to detect any mistakes in this difficulty, so I'll have once again to give minor suggestions



Welcome

  • 00:15:310 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - NC spam influences the map's final HP drain (as you may recall was said about that Cry Thunder HR practice map, on a slightly unrelated note), I suggest you, like, don't do it meh its the best way to indicate this is 1/3 sorry
  • 00:18:477 (6) - NC done
  • 00:21:644 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The "ah"s don't quite qualify as an intensity change that calls for that much of a difference in difficulty (reading, for this pattern). The added rhythm is fine, but arrange it so a 1/4 triple doesn't overlap a 1/2 stack. Even if it's not technically incorrect, it doesn't make contextual sense i don't know, i see this as a simple back-and-forth, the ar is high enough to this is perfectly readable for any player who can do 3.9* decently
  • 00:31:144 (6,1,2) - I understand why 1 is spaced further apart, but why is 2 aswell? 2 should be a little closer to 1 since it doesn't have a snare on it or anything like that makes sense, fixed
  • 00:46:644 (1,2,3,4,5) - Here, instead, there isn't enough emphasis on 2, which is spaced even closer to 1 than it is to 3-4-5 spaced it a bit more, but the 1/8 triples will always be the priority in this diff
  • 00:57:310 (1,2,3) - ^ can't really make a way this plays comfortably while emphasizing the triples here, but i nerfed the jump between 2,3

    EDIT; it seems while I was modding you updated the map and this popped up
  • 00:19:644 (8) - unsnapped


I could not point out that many things, nor that important, but I do hope I was of some sort of help.
Thank you for using my queue :)

On a partially related note, I would appreciate if you gave me some feedback about this mod (not the things I pointed out themselves as much as whether I looked for the right things to point out). I believe to be no good when it comes to maps that are essentially ready for rank already, I would therefore appreciate some guidance by a mapper whom I regard highly. Have a pleasant day :)


the mod is fine, just really not sure about that "sliders must not overlap like this" suggestion in normal, which really didn't have any purpose or solution in this map. also make sure your suggestions are always in order (its a bit of a pain to change something at 00:10 only to go back to 00:07 and see there's something else you suggested).
User avatar
Spinner Sage
171 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Greeting
Pretty solid map, not too many things to point out, but

General
  • Perhaps you can change offset to -23 to avoid that bs with unsnapped spinners in intro

Normal
  • I honestly dont think its a good idea to use 1/8 reverses in lowest diff but w/e i guess
  • 00:27:810 (2,3,1) - i think it would be pretty nice to make something like this to emphasize difference between (3) and (1) a bit more
  • 00:30:810 (1,2) - you making those two sounds clickable but complitely ignoring pretty much the same sounds at 00:31:644 - and 00:31:810 - . In my opinion using rhythm like this instead of 00:30:810 (1,2,3) - would be a better decision
  • sound on 00:46:977 (2) - is pretty quiet, maybe change 00:46:644 (1) - to a 1/2 slider?

Hard
Welcome


Thats all from me, good luck c:
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 34 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: