forum

[Archived] Rank Counter Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sorrensen_DELETED
Problem Details:
The rank grade counter started updating while I was posting scores that didn't pass my previous ones. As you see in screenshots 1 and 2, an A rank was magically removed and an S rank was added in its place after I submitted a No-Mod score on that Demetori map, even though my personal best is way higher the newer one (as you can see in screenshot 5). The same thing happened after my play on 'Captain Murasa' just minutes before (screenshot 4 is my personal best on the map). These recent scores are shown on screenshot 3.

I know that the game recently implimented a multiple score system to prioritise PP gains over score gains and that my recent No-Mod scores have significantly higher accuracy that my Hidden scores, therefore rewarding more PP. But I have a complete list of all the maps where I have an A rank, and these are 238 (I have rechecked it 2 times the last 2 days just to be sure). So if 6 of them disappeared that makes tracking them way harder.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
I'm pretty sure the score with the higher pp value will count in your top plays and the play with the higher grade will show up on the leaderboard.
Topic Starter
sorrensen_DELETED
But why are A ranks disappearing and turning into S or SS ranks even though I don't play the maps I have an A rank on? That's my greatest concern about this bug
Venix
You just made score, which doesn't count to your top ranks.
Lacrimosa

Changelog wrote:

Implement multiple scores per map (different mod combinations)
Apparently, you submitting the no-mod score counted as a completely new score on the map, thus adding an S on your stats. Although I'm not quite sure why you lost an A rank by setting this score, I would say probably because you had a previous no mod score with an A on that map. Don't consider this as an indisputable truth though, as I'm not certain, and since the above implementation has been around for roughly 4 months now.

Also, do note that pp>score was never a thing.

Tom94 wrote:

It's still score>pp, but you can have a separate high score for every mod combination you use. pp will then count the highest one of those. Using the same mods you can still overwrite a previous score and lose pp.
Topic Starter
sorrensen_DELETED
Well I know that a bug is happening, I know why it's happening and I know it is consistent. I've been testing it for 4 days now. And it's pretty obvious that its not supposed to happen. But can I hope for a fix anytime soon? (preferably now?) That's kinda the reason why I started posting here