forum

DEAN - love (Feat. Syd)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ora
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, July 28, 2017 at 4:01:49 PM

Artist: DEAN
Title: love (Feat. Syd)
Tags: Syd Tha Kyd 권혁 r&b kpop k-pop the internet Deanfluenza Nick Green highhopes Zak Abel Universal Music Ltd
BPM: 110
Filesize: 18212kb
Play Time: 03:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. I Know (2.55 stars, 296 notes)
  2. Normal (1.8 stars, 193 notes)
Download: DEAN - love (Feat. Syd)
Download: DEAN - love (Feat. Syd) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

RE-DL 7/2/17! MP3 UPDATED

Metadata from Here, Here, and Here thanks to Xiaolin / Euny / and Squirrelpascals <3
Video encoded by FruityEnLoops - Check his Video encoding and Mod queue!
c418vgytre
I think 491 is too soon for the offset.

510 offset feels a lot better to me although test it for yourself in game.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Ora

c418vgytre wrote:

I think 491 is too soon for the offset.

510 offset feels a lot better to me although test it for yourself in game.

Good luck!
Thanks!! ^^
Firetruck
yes
Affirmation
Q

[Normal]
01:43:036 (1) - 2ticks have to be blank after spinner in normal diff.
02:20:127 (1,3) - DS is same with 2, so this part can be hard to read, little bit.
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - make reverse, this looks hard to read.

[I know]
03:17:945 (1,3) - swap NC

GL
Xiaolin
i know you know
Firetruck
i actually dont know
Topic Starter
Ora
who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rabbitt
I know difficulty
01:15:763 (3) - I'm not sure what this is following, while I understand where it ends has the drum sound what of the first note? The first note even goes after the I know and I can't find an instrumental sound either. I would say to make the slider longer as it does sound better and more fitting. (1 note to the left where that free space is)

01:45:491 (2,3,4,5,6) - This whole part I can honestly say sounds VERY off to me
01:46:036 (5,6) - This part in particular sounds very off compared to the actual music, while I understand instrumental may support it I feel it is too subtle to be used... (this can be ignored as I do sometimes have trouble finding the instrumental parts of music)

01:48:491 (4,5) - I feel like more could've been done here, when he drags out the note. I say you could've put in a slider to put in a bit more diversity for the map as it feels pretty stale so far in my opinion.

02:35:400 (1) -
For all the other sounds of the same type you put in a spinner, however for this time you put in a slider, I'm not sure if you're trying to be more diverse in this section but it feels very jarring and apparent to see this change.
You should cut the song as the ending is just empty and feels too long.

(if you find this helpful I should definitely get kudosu just saying ;;;;))))))
Topic Starter
Ora

Rabbitt wrote:

I know difficulty
01:15:763 (3) - I'm not sure what this is following, while I understand where it ends has the drum sound what of the first note? The first note even goes after the I know and I can't find an instrumental sound either. I would say to make the slider longer as it does sound better and more fitting. (1 note to the left where that free space is) you make a good point because if I move it left it would follow the vocals ("i know") but there is a bass sound where I have it starting now and i think it's fine ^^

01:45:491 (2,3,4,5,6) - This whole part I can honestly say sounds VERY off to me hmm, I guess I could use more sliders, but I'll wait for more feedback on this
01:46:036 (5,6) - This part in particular sounds very off compared to the actual music, while I understand instrumental may support it I feel it is too subtle to be used... (this can be ignored as I do sometimes have trouble finding the instrumental parts of music) this part represents where he says in the lyrics "it slow". I think it's fine ^_^

01:48:491 (4,5) - I feel like more could've been done here, when he drags out the note. I say you could've put in a slider to put in a bit more diversity for the map as it feels pretty stale so far in my opinion.
I'm starting to agree with you here. I probably used way too much triples in such a short amount of playtime.
02:35:400 (1) -
For all the other sounds of the same type you put in a spinner, however for this time you put in a slider, I'm not sure if you're trying to be more diverse in this section but it feels very jarring and apparent to see this change. for the "i know" parts, I didn't use a spinner. Same at 01:25:581 (5,6) -
You should cut the song as the ending is just empty and feels too long. Yeah true, I'll end up cutting it and fading it out

(if you find this helpful I should definitely get kudosu just saying ;;;;)))))) Even if I didn't make any changes, you still get kds don't worry ^^. You put in effort and spent time looking at my map. Thanks for the mod
Topic Starter
Ora

Neoskylove wrote:

Q

[Normal]
01:43:036 (1) - 2ticks have to be blank after spinner in normal diff. I think the BPM is slow enough, but I might be wrong. I'll ask about this ^^
02:20:127 (1,3) - DS is same with 2, so this part can be hard to read, little bit. I see your point, but the directional curve helps
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - make reverse, this looks hard to read. I wanted more diversity, but I'll ask about this as well

[I know]
03:17:945 (1,3) - swap NC fix

GL thanks ^^
rs_fadeaway
Hello Ora~ nice to cya again

[General]
finish the metadata
remove the countdwon?

[Normal]
sry, cant find anything!

[i know]
00:38:945 (4,5,6) - already touch the chat bar, im kinda worry about this
01:28:854 (5) - same here
01:56:672 (2) - ctrl + g ? to make the flow different with the last bar
03:10:854 (4,5,6) - balance the distance

this is pretty good, both in rhythm and look, gj
Topic Starter
Ora

rs_fadeaway wrote:

Hello Ora~ nice to cya again

[General]
finish the metadata working on this !!
remove the countdwon? oops

[Normal]
sry, cant find anything!

[i know]
00:38:945 (4,5,6) - already touch the chat bar, im kinda worry about this fixed!
01:28:854 (5) - same here fsdfsdf
01:56:672 (2) - ctrl + g ? to make the flow different with the last bar hmm i'll keep for now
03:10:854 (4,5,6) - balance the distance should be good

this is pretty good, both in rhythm and look, gj thanks for the mod ^^
[Nemesis]
Sorry, was supposed to do a mod but this type of a map just isn't for me ;-;
From what I looked it's fine though, just deserves an easy diff, how about you consider mapping it?
Topic Starter
Ora

[Nemesis] wrote:

Sorry, was supposed to do a mod but this type of a map just isn't for me ;-;
From what I looked it's fine though, just deserves an easy diff, how about you consider mapping it?
I guess I could, but the normal is pretty low SR (below 2.0 means I don't HAVE to make an easy). I'll still consider it

thanks for trying trying :)
gary00737
From my Q :P

Normal
00:21:218 (2) - ctrl+j for the flow?
00:33:354 (1) - spinner between next object should be 2/1 in normal

i think [I Know]diff is no problem,

um,., this song very meme

i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know. :?

GL ~
riffy
Oh, hello there

[General]
  1. Getting some combo colours would be a good idea. the efault ones vary from skin to skin and may look really bad.
  2. Did a quick google search and found this. Seems pretty official, gues we can have it listed as the source
[Normal]
  1. The difficulty settings could be lowered to make the difficulty more beginner friend;y. Remmeber, this is the easiet difficulty, so it should be slightly easier than an average Normal.
  2. 00:26:672 (1,2) - this would work a lot better as a slider, the two circle rhythm may be confusing because of the beat 00:27:081 - here.I guess a slider would feel less misleading.
  3. 00:33:218 - how about a circle here? The change in the vocals and the rhythm sorta ask for a strong clickable object here.
    Note: 00:50:672 - same here. What is the point of delaying the spinner if the beat before it is not even clickable after all.
  4. 00:33:354 (1,1) - it is a good idea to leave at least 1000ms of recovery time for easier difficulties. Beginner players need that time to switch from spinning to aiming again.
    Note: the same would apply to all simi;ar patterns.
  5. 02:37:309 - try to place a circle here or drag the break to make it start here. Either way, that'd feel slightly more consistent with the harder difficulty.

It's pretty good, though it probably could be a little bit friendlier to beginners in terms of difficulty settings.
[I Know]
  1. 00:19:445 - it doesn't really make much sense to leave this one unclickable and then map a much weaker beat (00:19:581) with a sliderhead. what do you think about this rhythm instad?
    Note: same would apply to similar patterns, the drums and vocals are sort of repetitive. // also, sort of similar thing happens with 00:37:036 (9) - when the slider begins on a stronger beat and ends on a weaker one. Perhaps it should be more like this? Doubles sound more natural.
  2. 01:38:945 (2,3,4) - incase you were following the vocals, these would do better as doubles as well. It sort of reoccurs throughout the song in the similar parts.

Apart from the rhythm thingy I didn't find much. It's pretty neat.
I disagree with the rhythm in the mentioned parts, but apart from that it was preetty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
ARenaissance
Hi, M4M. Sorry for the delay; I didn't know if I would map first or if you would.

My map for your convenience: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/527546

[I Know]

00:35:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - There's a bit of a spacing inconsistency here. For aesthetics purposes, you may want to make this a clearer symmetrical pattern. This generalizes to other parts in the map with circle-dominant patterns.

01:28:854 (5) - I hear both a cymbal and a verbal change on 01:29:127, where the singer starts pronouncing the "m" in motion. I would make this a single reverse slider for that reason.

01:36:763 (2,3,4) - Why aren't you mapping to the vocals here like everywhere else?

02:56:400 (6,7,8) - This triple doesn't seem to reflect the beat, since it fails to prioritize the strong sound on (7) in any way. I would suggest mapping more prominently to the drum beat. You map things differently in other spots with similar musicality.

[Normal]

00:33:354 (1,1) - The recovery time you're offering here is making me a bit uncomfortable. the SRC suggests 2 beats recovery time for songs approximately 180 bpm, and you're only offering 1. Yes, this is 110 bpm, but the recovery time still feels too short. I would suggest perhaps using a slider instead.

01:29:945 (1,2) - The music seems to suggest a syncopated rhythm, something like

03:04:581 (2,1) - Small aesthetics thing: these guys seem to be a bit too close together.

That's about it from me. Sorry for the short mod; over-all quality looks good to me.

EDIT: Changed the time spot for my second comment in Normal.
Topic Starter
Ora

Bakari wrote:

Oh, hello there

[General]
  1. Getting some combo colours would be a good idea. the efault ones vary from skin to skin and may look really bad. any suggestions?
    :^)
  2. Did a quick google search and found this. Seems pretty official, gues we can have it listed as the source hmm so what should the source be? I added more tags
[Normal]
  1. The difficulty settings could be lowered to make the difficulty more beginner friend;y. Remmeber, this is the easiet difficulty, so it should be slightly easier than an average Normal.
  2. 00:26:672 (1,2) - this would work a lot better as a slider, the two circle rhythm may be confusing because of the beat 00:27:081 - here.I guess a slider would feel less misleading. agreed, there was another spot I had like this so I fixed it too
  3. 00:33:218 - how about a circle here? The change in the vocals and the rhythm sorta ask for a strong clickable object here. sure
    Note: 00:50:672 - same here. What is the point of delaying the spinner if the beat before it is not even clickable after all. ye boi
  4. 00:33:354 (1,1) - it is a good idea to leave at least 1000ms of recovery time for easier difficulties. Beginner players need that time to switch from spinning to aiming again. fixed! the spinners are super short now though, is that fine? I could also just take out the spinners that come before a new section
    Note: the same would apply to all simi;ar patterns.
  5. 02:37:309 - try to place a circle here or drag the break to make it start here. Either way, that'd feel slightly more consistent with the harder difficulty. circle

It's pretty good, though it probably could be a little bit friendlier to beginners in terms of difficulty settings.
[I Know]
  1. 00:19:445 - it doesn't really make much sense to leave this one unclickable and then map a much weaker beat (00:19:581) with a sliderhead. what do you think about this rhythm instad?
    Note: same would apply to similar patterns, the drums and vocals are sort of repetitive. // also, sort of similar thing happens with 00:37:036 (9) - when the slider begins on a stronger beat and ends on a weaker one. Perhaps it should be more like this? Doubles sound more natural.
  2. 01:38:945 (2,3,4) - incase you were following the vocals, these would do better as doubles as well. It sort of reoccurs throughout the song in the similar parts.

Apart from the rhythm thingy I didn't find much. It's pretty neat.
Ok so I agree with you halfway, but I have a few questions before I go in and remap all of these. There are some such as 00:29:945 (5,6) - where your change makes sense because there's no strong sound at 00:30:491 - but others where I think the strong bass should should be clickable like 00:25:036 - . Does that make sense? same with 00:41:945 (1,2) - vs 00:43:036 (3,4) - . 00:42:491 - is strong while 00:43:581 - isn't. This might be a better example because they are right next to each other

I disagree with the rhythm in the mentioned parts, but apart from that it was preetty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Mitkoff
Hello O/
hmm, it seems ready to go tbh, Orz...
But, i found some minor things, extra opinion rarely damage, right?

[Normal]
  1. 02:46:309 (1,2,1,2,3) - couple of points here.
    1st thing - this section sounds less rich (in point of difference sounds), it makes more calm feelings then other parts of the song, You might use as well less tense rhythm here.
    2nd thing - 02:47:400 - vocal here sounds repetative to 02:48:491 - vocal here, so might use minor pattern
    3rd - 02:49:581 - 02:49:991 - 02:50:400 - If you emphasize attenuation, so not really good idea to keep last objects clicable... 15% sound beat anyway give ~0 feedback to player.
    suggestion->https://puu.sh/wuiA1.jpg https://puu.sh/wuhQb.jpg
  2. 02:55:854 (2,3,4,5) - this pattern looks really hard for easiest diff :? Its use hard swapping polarity, this stuff which You usually avoid and this is most tense part of map. Might be use a bit simplify rhythm? Hmmm, at least i suggest NC 02:56:127 - , make pattern more recognizable and much easier to read.
[I Know]
  1. 02:50:672 (1) - any reason for this circle, You usually don't make clicable 1st circle in breaks.
  2. yeah, also i see some rhythm discrepancies, but Bakari already pointed out most of them...
[]
Overall pretty neat. Such an enjoyable song btw. :lol:
GL~
show more