forum

[Archived] Unable to lauch over steam

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackG256
Problem Details:
Running the osu!.exe file over steam makes the game crash after a few seconds.. Any help?

osu! version: latest
Sandy Hoey
Why would you want or need to run through steam...
Lacrimosa
You might wanna disable the Steam ingame overlay.
Furrious
I have had issues over time with launching osu! through Steam.

The interface would lock up the game and causes me to shut the game down and reload.
Over time, I found that changing the steam overlay bind will fix the game from locking up.
Steam Overlay Bind: ` + alt

The other issue I always had was the game would never start. You give osu! the full permissions to start and run, not on the user level but on the admin level.
The best advice is to close Steam and run Steam as admin so you can launch osu!

Make a shortcut and turn Steam on Windows Boot off. The shortcut you can modify to have Steam run as admin. Once done, osu! should open up properly.
It is probably an issue with your UAC* permissions.

*Google - User Account Control
This will show you what I am talking about user permissions and administrator permissions
Topic Starter
JackG256

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Why would you want or need to run through steam...
I expected someone would ask...
My friends are playing games over steam nearly 24/7. At that point I just accepted the fact that my steam is active all the time. But steam doesnt show when I play osu. My friends then ask me if I want to play something, and I have to tell them that I already am playing something. This is not a high tier problem and shouldnt be, just a little detail..
Topic Starter
JackG256

Furrious wrote:

I have had issues over time with launching osu! through Steam.

The interface would lock up the game and causes me to shut the game down and reload.
Over time, I found that changing the steam overlay bind will fix the game from locking up.
Steam Overlay Bind: ` + alt

The other issue I always had was the game would never start. You give osu! the full permissions to start and run, not on the user level but on the admin level.
The best advice is to close Steam and run Steam as admin so you can launch osu!

Make a shortcut and turn Steam on Windows Boot off. The shortcut you can modify to have Steam run as admin. Once done, osu! should open up properly.
It is probably an issue with your UAC* permissions.

*Google - User Account Control
This will show you what I am talking about user permissions and administrator permissions

Nikosbks wrote:

You might wanna disable the Steam ingame overlay.
I tried to change the overlay key, which didnt help...
So I tried to disable overlay completely.
after few minutes it looks like it is working properly now.
Thank you for help
Lacrimosa
Good to hear!