This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 19 Eylül 2017 Salı at 12:25:45

Artist: Blind Guardian
Title: A Voice in the Dark
Tags: at the edge of time power metal stream marathon
BPM: 184,01
Filesize: 8409kb
Play Time: 05:37
Difficulties Available:

Download: Blind Guardian - A Voice in the Dark
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hell Oni: 100% completed. Open to mods!

Thanks to the modders!

Grimbow
404 AccNotFound
-TSG-
Pheon
zigizigiefe
Taikocracy
gaston_2199
Marm
Stefan
Surono


Image from Stefan
Image from Surono
Image from Surono
Image from Stefan
Last edited by frukoyurdakul on , edited 31 times in total.
User avatar
Star Shooter
205 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hey it's that mod I said I'd give you forever ago :V

My mods are heavily based on the relation of the notes to the music, feel free to decline everything if your mapping style doesn't follow my style of modding!

d - Small don (red note)
D - Big don (red note with a finish)
k - Small kat (blue note)
K - Big kat (blue note with a finish)

Black means something that I think needs changed
Orange is just a suggestion
Blue is a comment


General

You should set a preview point, I suggest 01:33:712 - !


Hell Oni

00:07:549 (64) - This note doesn't map anything in the music, the last drum kick/snare clap is on 00:07:467 (63) - and the guitar here is a held note so I'd suggest removing it
00:11:217 (97) - Starting from this bar these notes land on snare claps so you could change these to k's. This is only a suggestion because I know you are mainly following the guitar here, but I figured it could add some variation in too
00:11:869 (102) - Same here, could change to k, etc. etc.
00:12:847 (110) - Remove this note, it gives the finishes much better emphasis since you are following the guitar here (02:07:460 (1242) - Like you did here!)
00:15:456 (132) - Same here, remove so it gives better emphasis to finishes
00:23:363 (212) - I'd suggest removing this note, the ddk ddk kkddk doesn't flow too well imo so removing this note makes the ddk d k kkddk feel like a much more fluent pattern to play. This is only a suggestion because I recognize that you are following the drum bass kicks here but I figured it was better without when I played it
00:53:524 - Add a note here, the break here makes the transition from the 1/4 to the 1/3 feel really strange and sudden, adding the note also maps both a bass kick and part of the guitar riff so it's not just a filler note
00:56:132 - Same here, add a note
00:58:741 - Here too!
01:02:735 (592) - Aaaaand here also
01:02:735 (592) - Remove the finish on this note, it is no different to 01:02:898 (593) - and there's nothing really significant enough in the music for it to have the finisher on it
01:09:094 (633) - Change to a K, this has a pretty prominent snare clap on it, just like the note after it
01:11:702 (649) - Same here, change to a K
01:16:267 (695) - Change this to a d and change 01:16:430 (696) - to a k, there is no snare clap on 01:16:267 (695) - and there is one on 01:16:267 (695) - so it would better follow the drums
01:28:821 (830) - I'm not sure why this note has a finish but 01:24:908 (791) - and 01:26:212 (804) - don't?
01:33:793 (886,887) - Change these to k's, they are pretty prominent snare hits on the drums
02:00:368 (1185) - Could change this to a d, sounds to me like a hammer on so the dk would fit since the low note is being hammered onto the high note. Only a suggestion because it's probably not something most people would care about but it's something I noticed whist playing ^^
02:05:014 (1218,1221) - Change these two to k's and 02:05:340 (1222) - to a d, would make the pattern feel a lot closer to how the drum fill sounds. Currently, the pattern feels a bit random
02:15:937 (1322) - this section here until 02:19:687 (1365) - feels a bit off, probably due to cutting the patterns one note short of what the guitar plays and 02:17:405 (1338) - being a longer ministream than the rest. I'd suggest deleting 02:17:975 (1345) - to keep this section consistent rather than having one stream suddenly longer than the others
02:30:040 (1459) - Delete this note and add a finish onto 02:30:121 (1460) - It adds a nice kick to the section since the vocals here are strained and the drummer hits the cymbals (like at 02:31:426 (1474) - for example)
02:33:953 (1497) - Same here, delete this and add a finish to 02:34:034 (1498) -
02:35:338 (1512) - Add a finish to this note too!
03:02:728 (1774) - Again, not sure why this note has a finish and 02:58:815 (1735) - and 03:00:119 (1748) - do not
03:02:320 - Add a d here, the drum fill plays right through here
03:40:559 (2169) - I see what you're doing here and I personally don't think it flows too well and seems a bit randomly thrown in but if you are hell-bent on keeping it, I'd suggest changing it to 1/4 instead of 1/6 since it flows a lot better and listening to it slowed down leads me to believe that it is a 1/4 hammer on/pull off instead of a 1/6
03:43:163 (2196) - Add a finish to this note, pretty strong emphasis could be put here from the cymbals
03:44:386 (2208) - I'd suggest deleting this note and changing 03:44:468 (2209) - to a K to keep this section consistent
03:45:772 (2222) - Add a finish to this note for same reason as above
03:46:506 (2228) - I'd suggest deleting this note and adding a finish on to 03:46:424 (2227) - to keep the emphasis thing going on!
03:47:077 (2234) - Possibly changing this to a K to keep it consistent with the rest of that section?
05:20:984 (3182) - Remove the finish on this note, doesn't land on any cymbal crashes or any high pitched guitar notes to warrant it
05:23:592 (3209) - Same with this note, remove the finish. In this section, they would be much better suited to notes like 05:23:918 (3211) - Since it has cymbal crashes and a held note on the guitar

I can't comment much on any of the other things because your mapping style is insanely out of my normal modding range but I gave it my best try! Really fun map and really amazing song, I'm happy you've chosen to map people like Blind Guardian and Angel Vivaldi, brings new life into taiko! :oops:
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
Grimbow wrote:
Hey it's that mod I said I'd give you forever ago :V

My mods are heavily based on the relation of the notes to the music, feel free to decline everything if your mapping style doesn't follow my style of modding!

d - Small don (red note)
D - Big don (red note with a finish)
k - Small kat (blue note)
K - Big kat (blue note with a finish)

Black means something that I think needs changed
Orange is just a suggestion
Blue is a comment


General

You should set a preview point, I suggest 01:33:712 - ! Totally forgot about it, done.


Hell Oni

00:07:549 (64) - This note doesn't map anything in the music, the last drum kick/snare clap is on 00:07:467 (63) - and the guitar here is a held note so I'd suggest removing it :arrow: If i remove that note, the kdkkd pattern which is coming afterwards sounds weird to me, plus there is a kick sound. And since the guitar is a held note like you say, I'll keep it as kat.
00:11:217 (97) - Starting from this bar these notes land on snare claps so you could change these to k's. This is only a suggestion because I know you are mainly following the guitar here, but I figured it could add some variation in too :arrow: Changed some of them but i don't want to follow the drums fully, because they are pretty simple on this song.
00:11:869 (102) - Same here, could change to k, etc. etc.
00:12:847 (110) - Remove this note, it gives the finishes much better emphasis since you are following the guitar here (02:07:460 (1242) - Like you did here!) :arrow: Agreed, it breaks consistency. Deleted.
00:15:456 (132) - Same here, remove so it gives better emphasis to finishes :arrow: Also deleted.
00:23:363 (212) - I'd suggest removing this note, the ddk ddk kkddk doesn't flow too well imo so removing this note makes the ddk d k kkddk feel like a much more fluent pattern to play. This is only a suggestion because I recognize that you are following the drum bass kicks here but I figured it was better without when I played it :arrow: I agree on that one, makes better flow with this way.
00:53:524 - Add a note here, the break here makes the transition from the 1/4 to the 1/3 feel really strange and sudden, adding the note also maps both a bass kick and part of the guitar riff so it's not just a filler note :arrow: Added reversed notes, until 01:02:735
00:56:132 - Same here, add a note
00:58:741 - Here too!
01:02:735 (592) - Aaaaand here also :arrow: I think you meant 01:01:350 - here but that's ok :)
01:02:735 (592) - Remove the finish on this note, it is no different to 01:02:898 (593) - and there's nothing really significant enough in the music for it to have the finisher on it :arrow: Seems reasonable, removed.
01:09:094 (633) - Change to a K, this has a pretty prominent snare clap on it, just like the note after it :arrow: Not sure about this one and below, because there is already a finisher sound on it and i actually followed the rhythm guitar sound to make these ones as don, because the next notes are a bit higher due to the guitar sound. But i'll consider changing them later if any of the modders mention about it.
01:11:702 (649) - Same here, change to a K
01:16:267 (695) - Change this to a d and change 01:16:430 (696) - to a k, there is no snare clap on 01:16:267 (695) - and there is one on 01:16:267 (695) - so it would better follow the drums :arrow: 01:16:430 (697) - Changed this one only, because the first kat is representing the vocals.
01:28:821 (830) - I'm not sure why this note has a finish but 01:24:908 (791) - and 01:26:212 (804) - don't? :arrow: I didn't want to use finishers on every measure start because, in the song the drummer hits a crash cymbal at least every measure starts and if I put finishers on all of them, it'll break consistency. Instead adding a finisher on the notes what you've said, 01:30:043 - I've added a kat here, 01:30:125 (845) - changed this one to don and removed the finisher.
01:33:793 (886,887) - Change these to k's, they are pretty prominent snare hits on the drums :arrow: Yeah, makes sense. Changed.
02:00:368 (1185) - Could change this to a d, sounds to me like a hammer on so the dk would fit since the low note is being hammered onto the high note. Only a suggestion because it's probably not something most people would care about but it's something I noticed whist playing ^^ :arrow: Makes sense, but i've already mapped 02:01:672 (1195) - this note as a don because the guitar has a hammer on like you said. Instead of leaving it as kkkd, I changed the first one (02:00:368 (1187,1188,1189,1190) - dkkd) and 2nd one (02:01:672 (1195,1196,1197,1198) - dkdd) to keep the pitch change on the guitar sounds.
02:05:014 (1218,1221) - Change these two to k's and 02:05:340 (1222) - to a d, would make the pattern feel a lot closer to how the drum fill sounds. Currently, the pattern feels a bit random :arrow: It's not, the kat sounds except the 2nd one are on guitar sounds.
02:15:937 (1322) - this section here until 02:19:687 (1365) - feels a bit off, probably due to cutting the patterns one note short of what the guitar plays and 02:17:405 (1338) - being a longer ministream than the rest. I'd suggest deleting 02:17:975 (1345) - to keep this section consistent rather than having one stream suddenly longer than the others :arrow: Yeah, makes sense. Deleted.
02:30:040 (1459) - Delete this note and add a finish onto 02:30:121 (1460) - It adds a nice kick to the section since the vocals here are strained and the drummer hits the cymbals (like at 02:31:426 (1474) - for example) :arrow: Yeah, sounds good. Applied.
02:33:953 (1497) - Same here, delete this and add a finish to 02:34:034 (1498) - :arrow: Also applied.
02:35:338 (1512) - Add a finish to this note too! :arrow: Also added.
03:02:728 (1774) - Again, not sure why this note has a finish and 02:58:815 (1735) - and 03:00:119 (1748) - do not :arrow: Explained above at 01:28:821
03:02:320 - Add a d here, the drum fill plays right through here :arrow: Changed the whole stream as kdkkddddK, by adding a note on that spot.
03:40:559 (2169) - I see what you're doing here and I personally don't think it flows too well and seems a bit randomly thrown in but if you are hell-bent on keeping it, I'd suggest changing it to 1/4 instead of 1/6 since it flows a lot better and listening to it slowed down leads me to believe that it is a 1/4 hammer on/pull off instead of a 1/6 :arrow: I am definitely sure that it's in 1/6, but instead of changing it to 1/4, i removed the 1/6 notes between them and 03:40:886 (2172) - changed this one to don. It sounds better in my opinion.
03:43:163 (2196) - Add a finish to this note, pretty strong emphasis could be put here from the cymbals :arrow: All adding finisher related comments are applied.
03:44:386 (2208) - I'd suggest deleting this note and changing 03:44:468 (2209) - to a K to keep this section consistent 03:41:860 (2181) - I started with D, and i want to keep D here as well to make the similiar sections' beginning, well, similiar.
03:45:772 (2222) - Add a finish to this note for same reason as above
03:46:506 (2228) - I'd suggest deleting this note and adding a finish on to 03:46:424 (2227) - to keep the emphasis thing going on!
03:47:077 (2234) - Possibly changing this to a K to keep it consistent with the rest of that section? :arrow: Not really, i used 03:41:860 (2181) - D on here and the similiar parts' beginning is on these spots so i'll keep is as D.
05:20:984 (3182) - Remove the finish on this note, doesn't land on any cymbal crashes or any high pitched guitar notes to warrant it :arrow: Makes sense, applied.
05:23:592 (3209) - Same with this note, remove the finish. In this section, they would be much better suited to notes like 05:23:918 (3211) - Since it has cymbal crashes and a held note on the guitar :arrow: Yours applied. Additionally, 05:23:755 (3205) - changed to don to create a better flow.

I can't comment much on any of the other things because your mapping style is insanely out of my normal modding range but I gave it my best try! :arrow: Please. You are underestimating yourself too much, it's a fact that you are better than me at following sounds and create a better flow. Also, i love your maps! Really fun map and really amazing song, I'm happy you've chosen to map people like Blind Guardian and Angel Vivaldi, brings new life into taiko! :oops: :arrow: Exactly, taiko needs more like these!


Thank you so much for your mod, it was really helpful :D
User avatar
Combo Commander
413 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
hi m4m ( ´ ▽ ` )ノツ
noob at modding, and include personal feeling, so comfortably read my opinion.
If my modding affect your style, feel free to ignore :)


General

simply quite ambiguous problem, is it ok that use finisher at the end of 1/4 stream.
i really like to use it, but some people also dislike it.
it's the one way to delete last one stream note like 00:41:867 (396) .

Hell Oni

00:42:845 (405,406,407,408) - no fitting 1/6 sound in here. maybe the only fitting sound is vocal? but then, 00:48:062 (461,462,463,464) - seems awkward. how about use only 1 circle in 00:42:845 so that save the feeling of staccato? it also can be the little rest-time and can arouse another feeling. same 00:48:062 -

00:53:714 (523) - k? melody is goin down at here, but just 0.5 flat, so seems not awkward to me. also the smooth play with 00:53:932 (525) - this finisher.

00:56:132 (541,542,543,544,545) - d k d d K? same reason ^

01:04:692 (605) - k. high snare sound.

01:15:778 (691,692,693,694,695,696,697,698,699,700,701) - continuing stream with fill the empty place? basic pattern kdddddkdddddkddd so that follow vocal. and if you accept this, maybe it's more better to delete each one circle at the start and end stream.

02:38:110 (1537) - here, little not matched with music. delayed vocal? my opinion is https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8199694 so that delayed sound can smoothly play.

03:34:147 - is have special reason not to put circle?

from 03:47:077 (2230) to 03:50:826 (2268) - seems little different pattern consistency against before.

04:33:378 (2656,2657,2658,2659,2660,2661,2662,2663) - drum has more potential sound. like kkddkddd?



very smooth pattern, and appropriate pattern makes me fun while playing and modding xD
go rank hurry :D
User avatar
Beat Clicker
52 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Hey hopefully this is a good mod

This map is really Good love it
Can't wait to see how far this goes :D
but all these katkatkat patterns Scare me xd

Great song and map Good luck with everything so here is my mod
sorry if its to short :<


00:38:443 (358,359,360) - would recommend to be k and (361) to be a don
this way it goes with the vocal and song better

01:39:744 (959) - Make this a k and (962) a don, goes much better

01:40:478 (968) - Make this a don and (970) a k, tho could work either way so u can chose not todo this one if u dont want this change

03:34:147 - add a Circle here, would recommend k should be fine since it is 1/3s patterns?

04:50:177 (2844, 2845) - use Ctrl+G on them

04:51:073 (2855) - Would sound better as k? so pattern would be kkdkkk instead of kkdkkd

00:48:062 (461,462,463,464) - 1/6s isn't really neccesary here

01:05:670 (613) - Change this to a don cuz it sounds out of place since (614,615) are also k but those two are fine

01:06:648 (619) - you could change this to don and (621) to k (opinion)
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
404 AccNotFound wrote:
hi m4m ( ´ ▽ ` )ノツ
noob at modding, and include personal feeling, so comfortably read my opinion.
If my modding affect your style, feel free to ignore :)


General

simply quite ambiguous problem, is it ok that use finisher at the end of 1/4 stream.
i really like to use it, but some people also dislike it.
it's the one way to delete last one stream note like 00:41:867 (396) . :arrow: It's allowed, the song is 180 bpm and the stream ending finishers I used are only ddddK or kkkkD, i can hit them even i am an index finger player.

Hell Oni

00:42:845 (405,406,407,408) - no fitting 1/6 sound in here. maybe the only fitting sound is vocal? but then, 00:48:062 (461,462,463,464) - seems awkward. how about use only 1 circle in 00:42:845 so that save the feeling of staccato? it also can be the little rest-time and can arouse another feeling. same 00:48:062 - :arrow: Followed guitar at that spot, and it's in 1/6.

00:53:714 (523) - k? melody is goin down at here, but just 0.5 flat, so seems not awkward to me. also the smooth play with 00:53:932 (525) - this finisher. :arrow: 00:53:605 (522,524) - These two guitar sounds are the same and the middle one is lower. So i'll keep it.

00:56:132 (541,542,543,544,545) - d k d d K? same reason ^ :arrow: I wanted to use D as finishers because the guitar sound is lower compared to
00:53:932 (525) - this one and the way I did is the best way to play it comfortably.


01:04:692 (605) - k. high snare sound. :arrow: I didn't hear it.

01:15:778 (691,692,693,694,695,696,697,698,699,700,701) - continuing stream with fill the empty place? basic pattern kdddddkdddddkddd so that follow vocal. and if you accept this, maybe it's more better to delete each one circle at the start and end stream. :arrow: This map is already full of streams.
I don't want to map it entirely as streams just because of the drums.


02:38:110 (1537) - here, little not matched with music. delayed vocal? my opinion is https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8199694 so that delayed sound can smoothly play. :arrow: The vocal is a bit delayed, yeah. But the drum sound is coming fine so i'll not change it.

03:34:147 - is have special reason not to put circle? :arrow: Yes, i didn't want to start with Ddd even if they are coming in 1/3.

from 03:47:077 (2230) to 03:50:826 (2268) - seems little different pattern consistency against before. :arrow: You are right on this one, changed some spots.

04:33:378 (2656,2657,2658,2659,2660,2661,2662,2663) - drum has more potential sound. like kkddkddd? :arrow: Not really, monocolor stream sounds fine because of the low pitch vocals.



very smooth pattern, and appropriate pattern makes me fun while playing and modding xD Thank you!
go rank hurry :D I hope i will.


Thank you so much for the mod~

[-TSG-] wrote:
Hey hopefully this is a good mod

This map is really Good love it Thank you!
Can't wait to see how far this goes :D
but all these katkatkat patterns Scare me xd Haha i know, but some of them are intentional.

Great song and map Good luck with everything so here is my mod
sorry if its to short :<


00:38:443 (358,359,360) - would recommend to be k and (361) to be a don
this way it goes with the vocal and song better :arrow: Sounds good, applied.

01:39:744 (959) - Make this a k and (962) a don, goes much better :arrow: Yeah, okay. Nice idea actually, it fits the rest of the stream too.

01:40:478 (968) - Make this a don and (970) a k, tho could work either way so u can chose not todo this one if u dont want this change :arrow: It sounds better this way for me.

03:34:147 - add a Circle here, would recommend k should be fine since it is 1/3s patterns? :arrow: I know there is a sound but as in structure a 1/3 break is better in my opinion.

04:50:177 (2844, 2845) - use Ctrl+G on them :arrow: I fixed all of the kiai parts to remain consistency.

04:51:073 (2855) - Would sound better as k? so pattern would be kkdkkk instead of kkdkkd :arrow: I think it's overemphasizing,
didn't sound good to me.


00:48:062 (461,462,463,464) - 1/6s isn't really neccesary here :arrow: I used before, in 00:42:845 (405,406,407,408) - because on both spots the guitar sounds are in 1/6.

01:05:670 (613) - Change this to a don cuz it sounds out of place since (614,615) are also k but those two are fine :arrow: Makes sense, applied.

01:06:648 (619) - you could change this to don and (621) to k (opinion) :arrow: I followed vocals like i did before, in 01:03:877 (600,601,602,603)


Thank you so much for your mod~ Will mod your map in a week, because i have exams this week, sorry :(
User avatar
Spinner Sage
170 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Found out I had a bit of time before leaving for Englandl, so I decided to take a quick look at your map and look for general things before getting into a full mod if still desired.
Generally I focus on structure, readability and consistency.

Main points;
-Finishers after 1/4th streams should be used rarely if at all; especially not in abundance. Look for workarounds, such as removing the note before the finisher or reworking the pattern. Even if they are physically playable, they put a lot of density in the map (often unnecessarily so). I'd suggest -only- using them in a buildup towards the chorus if ever.

-Kats before a kat on a downbeat. Builds up anticipation (it's a leading-tone); should not be used often, especially in metal where beats are generally very straightforward.
-For instance,
-01:14:392 (675) -
-01:19:935 (737) -
-01:29:065 (833) -
-This, in combination with heavy usage of a [kkkd] pattern in general, makes reading way tougher than it should be (as well as not having a good structure/organized sound to it).
-Example; 01:36:646 (921) - and 01:37:461 (931) - look similar initially but are fundamentally different due to down-/upbeat structure.

-Lack of structure in parts that build up;
-Example, 00:20:999 (188) - 00:31:433 (287), no real structure on the way dons/kats are built up on the down- and upbeats.
-In general, there is not a lot of structure on how the map is built on the downbeat/upbeat. Dons and kats are interchangeably used on the first note of a bar without a clear reason. Then again, this may be a result of the next point;

-You tend to shift between mapping to the drums and the melody at times, which makes the map lack overall structure. Incidental switching is fine, but generally I would suggest sticking to one or the other.

I can provide more insight on these points later on, as well as make a full mod out of it. Hopefully this little writeup did help out a little as-is.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
Pheon wrote:
Found out I had a bit of time before leaving for Englandl, so I decided to take a quick look at your map and look for general things before getting into a full mod if still desired.
Generally I focus on structure, readability and consistency.

Main points;
-Finishers after 1/4th streams should be used rarely if at all; especially not in abundance. Look for workarounds, such as removing the note before the finisher or reworking the pattern. Even if they are physically playable, they put a lot of density in the map (often unnecessarily so). I'd suggest -only- using them in a buildup towards the chorus if ever. :arrow: Actually this is a good idea. Removing the previous note after finishers make the flow better, so i'm gonna delete most of them. Except the last one :3

-Kats before a kat on a downbeat. Builds up anticipation (it's a leading-tone); should not be used often, especially in metal where beats are generally very straightforward.
-For instance,
-01:14:392 (675) -
-01:19:935 (737) -
-01:29:065 (833) -
-This, in combination with heavy usage of a [kkkd] pattern in general, makes reading way tougher than it should be (as well as not having a good structure/organized sound to it).
-Example; 01:36:646 (921) - and 01:37:461 (931) - look similar initially but are fundamentally different due to down-/upbeat structure. :arrow: About this: Yeah. It may not fit the music very well or could hard to read, but if i map only onbeat sounds with kats, i have to map it the entire song like that and it'll be boring eventually. I tried keeping consistency on offbeat kat notes so the player will get used to it while playing the map.

-Lack of structure in parts that build up;
-Example, 00:20:999 (188) - 00:31:433 (287), no real structure on the way dons/kats are built up on the down- and upbeats.
-In general, there is not a lot of structure on how the map is built on the downbeat/upbeat. Dons and kats are interchangeably used on the first note of a bar without a clear reason. I changed these patterns to create a better flow. Then again, this may be a result of the next point;

-You tend to shift between mapping to the drums and the melody at times, which makes the map lack overall structure. Incidental switching is fine, but generally I would suggest sticking to one or the other. :arrow: My style about mapping these kinds of songs is, I mostly follow the drums and on the drum notes, at certain places I wrote guitar notes on them, in that way they emphasize drums and guitar together. Sometimes, instead of guitar, it can be bass sounds or vocals. But sticking at only one instrument will destroy the good flow. For example, if I stick with drums on kiai time only, I need to map it kdddkdddkddd or something. If I stick with guitar I need to map long sliders which will not fit the part. So, I mostly combine the instruments on the song.

I can provide more insight on these points later on, as well as make a full mod out of it. Hopefully this little writeup did help out a little as-is. It was helpful, I improved some of the patterns thanks to you :)


Thank you for your mod, and I will check your map in 2 or 3 days.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
865 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Uykum var amk


Cehennem Şeytan

Valla ne diyeyim bilemedim.Patternler nedensizce karışık.Senden böyle bir map beklemiyordum açıkçası :( Neyse :thonkung: yazıp uyumaya gideyim ben ;w;
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
zigizigiefe wrote:
Uykum var amk


Cehennem Şeytan
    inb4 oni türkçede şeytan demek :v
  • 00:05:348 - Overmapi sevmediğine göre burada bazı kısımlarda bateri sesi yok.Bateriyi gözden geçir. :arrow: 3.kez aynı şey tekrar etsin istemedim, o yüzden bazı notaları sildim ama eskisiyle aynı değil.
  • 00:09:913 (84,85,86,87,88,89,90) - Burada yapmaya çalıştığın şeyi tam olarak anlayamadım.Bateriyi takip ettiysen tüm sesler aynı.Ama ben gitarı takip ettim diyorsan 00:09:913 (84,85) - burası low pitch,00:10:076 (86,87,88,89) - burada nota inceliyor ve 00:10:402 (90) - Burada gitar sakinleşiyor.Yani eğer bateriyi takip ettiysen kkkkkkk patternini,gitarı takip ettiysen ddkkkkd patternini öneririm.Bu pattern gerçekten çok kötü duruyor. :arrow: 00:09:913 (79) - Bu sesi kick gibi duymuştum trampetmiş. k ile değiştirdim.
  • 00:13:173 (110) - Buradaki bateri sesini kat notaları ile belirtmişsin,burada finisher olması birazcık tutarsız değil mi sence?Variety ile alakası yok bunun. :arrow: O variety için değil, ölçü başı + crash cymbal sesi var.
  • 00:19:695 - Uzun uzun yazmayayım,ben "Bateri sesi daha farklı" diyeyim sen anla. :arrow: Bateriye uyarladım.
  • 00:22:955 (205) - Daha temiz bir flow ve oradaki bateri sesinden dolayı kat kullanmanı öneriyorum. :arrow: Mantıklı. Diğer patternlarda da değiştirdim.
  • 00:32:085 (290,291,292,293,294,295,296) - Buradaki ilk iki vokal sesi high-low şeklinde gittiği için kkdkddk patterninin uygun olduğunu düşünüyorum.Yani CTRL+G yap :v :arrow: Son kısım gitara daha uygun geliyor bana.
  • 00:33:389 (303,304,305,306,307,308,309) - Biraz fazla mapping tarzına karışıyorum ama hem vokal açısından hem de 00:33:715 - buradaki bateri sesini kaçırmandan dolayı kdddkkd patterni uygun olabilir. :arrow: 00:33:552 (300) - Burada vocal sesinde değişim var, böyle bırakıyorum burayı.
  • 01:02:735 - Bu kısımdaki ninja notalar biraz fazla hızlı geliyorlar.Eğer boş bir alanda yapmış olsaydın sıkıntı olmazdı ama diğer notalarla iç içe girdikleri için temiz bir şekilde okunmuyor. :arrow: Ben nomod veya HD ile oynarken sıkıntı yaşamıyorum, diğer oyuncuların da yaşayacağını sanmıyorum.
  • 01:37:298 (924,925,926,927,928,929,930) - Şu patternleri mapinde her yerde gördüm ama neden koyduğuna anlam veremedim.Bir zahmet burada açıklayıver :p Ya çok klasik ritimler kullanmak istemedim bu sefer. Bateriye veya gitara göre yazsam full kdddkddd tarzı patternlar yazmam gerekirdi ve şarkı 5 dakika boyunca neredeyse hiç değişmiyor ritim konusunda. O yüzden çeşitlilik için yazdım.
  • 01:43:168 (996,997,998,999,1000,1001,1002,1003,1004,1005,1006,1007) - Burası pek bateriyi takip etmiş gibi görünmüyor.Daha sade bir pattern olan kkkkddkkkkdd patternini öneriyorum. :arrow: Normalde kdkkddkdkkddkkdd yapmıştım ama bu tarz bir hand-switch ile bence oynaması hoş oluyor.
  • 01:57:107 (1156) - Bunu 01:56:944 - noktasına taşısan daha iyi olur çünkü ddd patterni o düz gitar sesini daha iyi açıklıyor. :arrow: Ritim çok da değişmiyor açıkçası, böyle bıraktım.
  • Şimdi işaretleyeceğim yerlerde senin yaptığının aksine 1/3 gitar sesi var:
    02:08:275 -
    02:08:927 -
    02:09:579 -
    02:10:883 -
    02:11:535 -
    02:12:188 -
    Ay yeter amk anladın sen olayı :arrow: Öyle ama 1/4 mapin yapısına daha çok uyuyor.
  • 02:19:850 (1362,1363,1364) - Snare sesi duydum sanki.Finisherlık bir şey yok pek. :arrow: Haklısın ama gitarı böyle daha iyi vurguluyor bana sorarsan.
  • 02:26:208 - Twin pedal mı var bana mı öyle geldi :"U :arrow: Bütün şarkı twin pedal, şarkının tamamını stream yazamam ama değil mi :3
  • 03:07:945 - Aynı öneriler geçerli. :arrow: Yukarıda açıkladım.
  • 04:44:464 - ^ :arrow: ^
  • 05:10:067 (3058,3059,3060,3061,3062,3063,3064) - İnsan bir bateriye bakar yahu :arrow: Bu kısım çok fazla tekrar ediyor, o yüzden farklı farklı patternlar kullandım.
  • 05:26:207 - Aynı şekilde burada da 1/3 sesler var.Gitarı takip ettiğin kısımlar varsa aklında tut. Yukarıda açıkladım.

Valla ne diyeyim bilemedim.Patternler nedensizce karışık.Senden böyle bir map beklemiyordum açıkçası :( Neyse :thonkung: yazıp uyumaya gideyim ben ;w;İyi geceler :D


Mod için teşekkür ettim.
Last edited by frukoyurdakul on , edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
386 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
^Quite a language ya got there :thinking:
M4M via in-game req


Hell Oni
00:09:913 (79,80,81,82,83,84,85) - Suggestion, instead of making it all kat keep it relatively similar to the other patterns you've used before and add some dons where appropriate, for instance 00:09:994 (80) - and 00:10:320 (84) - if you disagree, then one thing I definitely think is worth point out is you skipped a snare hit on 00:10:483, as it's rankable to end streams with a finisher in cases where the color of the note before it is opposite to the finisher color, I HIGHLY recommend putting a kat on 00:10:483.
00:25:564 (224,225,226,227,228,229,230) - The guitar sounds are holding over here with no other hits occuring on relatively the last half of this pattern, I'd suggest removing ONLY 00:25:890 (228) - or ALL 00:25:890 (227,228,229) - .
00:48:062 (452,453,454,455) - Keep it the same as the 1/6 plet you had before, kkkd or change the one before to dkkd as well. It's the exact same sound, so keep it consistent.
00:52:301 (499) - This sounds the same as 00:47:084 (442) - , and 00:48:388 (456) - , and 00:49:693 (470) - which are all kat. Consistency.
00:53:714 (514,515,516) - I don't see any sound here that needs 1/3 plotting. I'd much rather it be a continuation of 7-plet patterns, and the one I'd recommend after 00:53:116 (507,508,509,510,511,512,513) - would be ddkkdkD.
00:56:323 (537,538) - I get the 1/3 sounds cool and everything, but again they're not needed. I suggest continuing to emphasize the vocal and just simply get rid of these 2 notes (and replace them with a 1/2 note on a red tick if you see it fit.)
00:58:931 (556,557) - Same as above^
Quite frankly I do see why you're mapping them as 1/3 but actually a more accurate representation of the guitar you're mapping is dkkkD, and because you already have a pattern going is the reason I'm suggesting vocal emph. and continuing with 7-plet patterns.
01:01:540 (578,579,580) - Now this is correct 1/3.
01:23:522 - You skipped another snare hit here :P
02:07:215 (1233) - I recommend taking this note out to stick with the 5-plet patterns that are before this.
02:09:171 - I recommend adding a note here to fit the 7-plet pattern here
03:17:075 (1932,1933,1934,1935,1936,1937,1938,1939,1940,1941,1942,1943,1944,1945,1946,1947,1948) - I highly recommend changing this to the following: Image (Cursor at 03:19:890) Although I understand that the ~30 second stream is standard for difficulty, there's a hit that's worth being emphasized on 03:18:379 (1948) - and because you can't have finsher notes in the middle of the streams, it'll require a 1/2 break to keep it clean.
04:01:750 (2366,2367,2368,2369) - :thinking: I'm really struggling with this, I think it works as both 1/4 and 1/3. I'll let other people decide on this one >.<
04:53:600 (2866,2867,2868,2869,2870,2871,2872,2873,2874,2875,2876,2877,2878,2879,2880,2881,2882) - Same thing I mentioned iat 03:17:075 - ^^

And that will rap things up. Cool song, good luck w/ rank~
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
Taikocracy wrote:
^Quite a language ya got there :thinking:
M4M via in-game req


Hell Oni
00:09:913 (79,80,81,82,83,84,85) - Suggestion, instead of making it all kat keep it relatively similar to the other patterns you've used before and add some dons where appropriate, for instance 00:09:994 (80) - and 00:10:320 (84) - if you disagree, then one thing I definitely think is worth point out is you skipped a snare hit on 00:10:483, as it's rankable to end streams with a finisher in cases where the color of the note before it is opposite to the finisher color, I HIGHLY recommend putting a kat on 00:10:483. :arrow: The reason I put these notes in all kats is because they are all snare hits as you said. Plus, Pheon suggested deleting a note before the finishers because they are hard to play and I agreed with that so I deleted them.
00:25:564 (224,225,226,227,228,229,230) - The guitar sounds are holding over here with no other hits occuring on relatively the last half of this pattern, I'd suggest removing ONLY 00:25:890 (228) - or ALL 00:25:890 (227,228,229) - . :arrow: Sadly didn't understand the reason dividing this pattern into 4-2 or leaving is as a 4-plet. It sounds horrible in my opinion.
00:48:062 (452,453,454,455) - Keep it the same as the 1/6 plet you had before, kkkd or change the one before to dkkd as well. It's the exact same sound, so keep it consistent. :arrow: Yes this makes sense. Changed this one to kkkd.
00:52:301 (499) - This sounds the same as 00:47:084 (442) - , and 00:48:388 (456) - , and 00:49:693 (470) - which are all kat. Consistency. :arrow: Well, the crash cymbal sounds a bit different to me. And plus, I don't want to have only kat finishers on the map because the drums are pretty simple and I tried to create some variation.
00:53:714 (514,515,516) - I don't see any sound here that needs 1/3 plotting. I'd much rather it be a continuation of 7-plet patterns, and the one I'd recommend after 00:53:116 (507,508,509,510,511,512,513) - would be ddkkdkD. :arrow: The guitar sounds are 1/3 on it.
00:56:323 (537,538) - I get the 1/3 sounds cool and everything, but again they're not needed. I suggest continuing to emphasize the vocal and just simply get rid of these 2 notes (and replace them with a 1/2 note on a red tick if you see it fit.)
00:58:931 (556,557) - Same as above^
Quite frankly I do see why you're mapping them as 1/3 but actually a more accurate representation of the guitar you're mapping is dkkkD, and because you already have a pattern going is the reason I'm suggesting vocal emph. and continuing with 7-plet patterns. :arrow: I prefer following guitar on them. Since I am not putting finishers at the end of the streams, if i change them to 1/4 I need to put a 1/2 break which will neither follow the drums nor guitar. So, i'll keep them as it is now.
01:01:540 (578,579,580) - Now this is correct 1/3. :arrow: No difference between the others to be honest.
01:23:522 - You skipped another snare hit here :P :arrow: Explained above :D
02:07:215 (1233) - I recommend taking this note out to stick with the 5-plet patterns that are before this. :arrow: This one sounds good, applied.
02:09:171 - I recommend adding a note here to fit the 7-plet pattern here :arrow: 02:08:519 (1241) - This one is deleted instead.
03:17:075 (1932,1933,1934,1935,1936,1937,1938,1939,1940,1941,1942,1943,1944,1945,1946,1947,1948) - I highly recommend changing this to the following: Image (Cursor at 03:19:890) Although I understand that the ~30 second stream is standard for difficulty, there's a hit that's worth being emphasized on 03:18:379 (1948) - and because you can't have finsher notes in the middle of the streams, it'll require a 1/2 break to keep it clean. :arrow: Instead, 03:18:298 (1944,1946) - these 2 notes are deleted and 03:18:379 (1945) - changed to a kat finishers because the pattern you show me don't fit the drums better. I'd change them to kdkkddkdkkddkkk but this sounds better and also creates some variation. This is applied on all the kiai times.
04:01:750 (2366,2367,2368,2369) - :thinking: I'm really struggling with this, I think it works as both 1/4 and 1/3. I'll let other people decide on this one >.< :arrow: 04:01:750 (2364,2365,2366,2367) - These are in 1/3 I am sure of it, and since I'm following guitar I'm gonna keep them.
04:53:600 (2866,2867,2868,2869,2870,2871,2872,2873,2874,2875,2876,2877,2878,2879,2880,2881,2882) - Same thing I mentioned iat 03:17:075 - ^^ :arrow: Explained above.

And that will rap things up. Cool song, good luck w/ rank~ Thank you, and I know it's cool :3


Thank you so much for your mod.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
672 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
Hi!
M4M from your queue~
Some clarifications:
    k = kat d = don K = big kat D = big don
  • It's just suggestions/corrections, don't take it badly. You are free to accept them or not :D
  • If you accept my suggestions/corrections, apply also in similar parts for consistency.
  • If you don't accept my suggestions/corrections, clarify why you do not accept them.

Image General
  • Overall is fine, but you could play with the patterns a bit if you follow more the vocal, below I'll give some points about this

Image Hell Oni

That's all. Sorry if is a bad mod, is really good mapping this
Epic song, i really like it xD
I wanna see it approved :)
Good luck~



FEEEEEEAAAAR A VOICE IN THE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
User avatar
Beatmap Nominator
500 posts
Offline
gaston_2199 wrote:
Hi!
M4M from your queue~
Some clarifications:
    k = kat d = don K = big kat D = big don
  • It's just suggestions/corrections, don't take it badly. You are free to accept them or not :D
  • If you accept my suggestions/corrections, apply also in similar parts for consistency.
  • If you don't accept my suggestions/corrections, clarify why you do not accept them.

Image General
  • Overall is fine, but you could play with the patterns a bit if you follow more the vocal, below I'll give some points about this

Image Hell Oni

That's all. Sorry if is a bad mod, is really good mapping this
Epic song, i really like it xD
I wanna see it approved :) :arrow: Me too!
Good luck~

Thanks for the mod!


FEEEEEEAAAAR A VOICE IN THE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK --- BEEEEEWAREEEE NOW!
User avatar
Spinner Sage
150 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
hey, m4m here.

hell oni
00:09:913 (78,79) - 00:09:913 (78,79) - You can change these 2 notes (or just 79) for dons to give emphasis on the guitar tone change at 00:10:076 (80) - . if you agree do it for similar parts.
00:19:939 (165,166) - ctrl+g this since 00:20:021 (166) - has a higher intensity. having 166 as don (with the following notes also as don) decreases it's intensity. Something that would go well with that change is changing 00:20:184 (168) - to a kat to follow the guitar sound. (It makes 00:20:021 (166,167,168) - as kdk).
00:36:161 (323) - this one to don to keep the "don on red lines" pattern following the vocals in this stream. it's also pleasant to hear/play :p.
00:37:465 (336) - same as above.
01:41:048 (954,955,956,957,958) - I think you can change this pattern mirroring 01:40:233 (944,945,946,947,948) - . The first one sounds better because of the vocals on the stream but the second is just strange since it's the exact same patten in a place with no vocals at all. if you agree do the same on the other kiais.
04:12:514 - a smoother sv (1 by note) makes this part better to read mostly because of the patterns. If it were the same as 03:51:646 - (monocolour) or a ddkkddkk/kkddkkdd pattern it would work better but since it has an odd number of notes of the same colour it makes this strange.
05:12:186 (69,70,71,72,73) - aaa I don't like this pattern here, it doesn't fit so well. it's the same music part as 05:09:578 (44,45,46,47,48) and 05:06:969 (19,20,21,22,23) but you use the pattern used on those parts here 05:11:534 (63,64,65,66,67) , which is a different part. I think it should have the same pattern since it's the same musical part. You could start the different patterns from here if you want the variation 05:10:556 - since it's another (the last actually) section of the song before changing the rhythm at 05:15:773 - .


that's it from me.
map looks good overall, nice deathstreams :^).
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 29 posts jump | 1, 2  next

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: