forum

Robert "Bobby" Prince, III - Welcome to a Kick In Yore Pants

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DepressedCactus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2017 at 12:55:24

Artist: Robert "Bobby" Prince, III
Title: Welcome to a Kick In Yore Pants In Good Ole Hillville!
Source: Commander Keen
Tags: Keen4
BPM: 118
Filesize: 1386kb
Play Time: 01:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,07 stars, 80 notes)
  2. Hard (2,3 stars, 106 notes)
  3. Insane (4,01 stars, 180 notes)
  4. Normal (1,8 stars, 102 notes)
Download: Robert "Bobby" Prince, III - Welcome to a Kick In Yore Pants In Good Ole Hillville!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap, hope you like it :3

Thanks to legoeuro for active modding help!
legoeuro
noob modding :oops:

major mod: 00:00:202 - Short beatmap, should be starting here.
[Easy] [00:02:236 - Slider velocity should be lower so newer players could follow . Also bend it a little bit so it looks better, and move it near the lower corner left/upper ( just near). Also if you do this bend them upwards/downwards.
00:03:761 - Wierd object placement? The circle should follow the slider's end.
00:04:270 and 00:04:778 - Should go clockwise or counter clockwise due to the direction you bend on the first slider.
00:05:287 - Kicksliders should be replaced by normal slider.
00:06:812 to 00:09:863 - Go clockwise and counter clockwise, and place a circular pattern.
00:13:422 and 00:13:50 - Should be replaced with a small slider.
00:14:444 - Replace this with a long slider.
00:16:473 to 00:20:033 - Need a smoother pattern, also don't begin the new combo at 00:20:033 but at the slider or at the of the slider.
00:20:541 - Should bend less to get the slider more beautiful 8-) .
00:26:134 - Shouldn't overlap the last circle and the next slider.
00:26:643 - Bend upwards ;) (just a little bit :D ) .
00:28:677 - Place straight to the end of slider (not exactly at end).
00:34:778 - New kind of sliderart ? Sliderarts usually are really long ones so don't put this here.
00:38:846 - Slider.
00:40:117 - These notes feels like they are the "coming back" notes, so add a 2 times reverse slider.
00:40:880 - Should seperate into 2 or 4 sliders.
00:43:931 - Slider.
00:46:473 - Should add a short slider like the last one here.
00:51:050 - Seperate into a slider that consists of 2 ticks and some circles
00:55:117 - Slider.
01:01:219 - These circles should be placed with the same distance.
01.04:270 - Map normally or just add breaktime.
01:09:355 - Straight line.

This is just a suggestion, change or not change if you like :) .

P.S:Any place that contains many circles, make them smooth and follow some of the upper mods :P .
legoeuro
[Normal]
00:00:202 and so on - I think you might have increase the distance snap too much, hold alt and use your mousewheel to decrease it, normal mapping usually doesn't have this much DS (please dont do this too much).
00:02:235 - Bend less and change the angle of the slider so that it doesn't face down and just lead your next circle to nowhere.
00:02:998 - Ending of slider should be at 00:03:252, or place a circle there instead of making the slider longer.
00:04:415 and 00:04:269 - Stack or make them shorter, this distance usually exist in hard diffs.
00:08:337 - Try to keep a good flow, like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8166263
00:09:863 - If you mod the last notes, the next three objects shouldn't be overlapping it :https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8166284
00:10:625 - Keep a good flow like 00:08:337.
00:12:405 to 00:13:676 - Need a good object placement like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8166309
00:20:540 - Should be placed like this:https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8166441
00:28:676 - This and the next slider's head shouldn't overlap, also don't overlap the next circle
00:32:998 - Split in 4 sliders or 3 kicksliders.
00:46:218 - Should be a straight line to the next slider's head.

at this point im feeling real sick so please let me take a break :P

also for sliders ill PM you a link for the corrections
enscribe
Well personally, the positioning of the notes matter a lot in how much the player(s) will indulge into the level itself.

Say for example in your situation, Zop places his sliders and circles so that they follow towards each other. In situations like Hard mode in your level, we need some variance in where these notes lead. For example, in "Hitorigoto (Little's Hard)", the sliders lead somewhere, inverting and bending. In this level, although timing is very good, the circles and sliders combined kind of fails to lead the player through a story; what a beat map in a nutshell means. But really I think it was a poor choice of song, meaning only in a biased definition. Normally, the beat map doesn't follow to the melody of the song, but rather in accordance of the beat to the song. In "courage (Hard)", these key elements of osu! follow the rhythm of the song, in which the player can follow easier than merely guessing the timing of the melody that they might have never heard.

You know every time the cursor clicks, it makes a noise (usually a hi-hat) corresponding to the beat? These sound effects shouldn't be exactly the melody, but a variance of the beat usually remixed into a burst of 16/8th notes or a stream that is quadruple of the rhythm.

I'm not a modder, but I am a pretty good philosopher, and I know the minor details you need to do to boost your map by a million. This is most of the advice I can give you after an hour of pondering your map in edit mode. Bye Zop! :)
-123JasonT "Tempo Prick"

(P.S. THOSE SLIDERS ARE VERY DEADLY! PLZ FIX! :c And BTW, you need to match the speeds of these sliders to a comfy zone within the bpm of the song!)
Topic Starter
DepressedCactus
But really I think it was a poor choice of song, meaning only in a biased definition.
Yup, I know this song has a weak beat and such is hard to map. I just wanted to map a short song for practice. Commander Keen is a classic DOS game I played as a child, lol. This is the song to the first level "Hillville" of episode 4 in the galaxy series. *Nostalgia* EDIT: Lowered OD on all difficulties.

You know every time the cursor clicks, it makes a noise (usually a hi-hat) corresponding to the beat? These sound effects shouldn't be exactly the melody, but a variance of the beat usually remixed into a burst of 16/8th notes or a stream that is quadruple of the rhythm.
True that, it ain't called a melodymap but a beatmap. Good point.

Say for example in your situation, Zop places his sliders and circles so that they follow towards each other. In situations like Hard mode in your level, we need some variance in where these notes lead.
Hmm, maybe... maybe not. With slider velocity 2.00x and that hard rythm to grasp it is [Hard] enough IMO.

(P.S. THOSE SLIDERS ARE VERY DEADLY! PLZ FIX! :c And BTW, you need to match the speeds of these sliders to a comfy zone within the bpm of the song!)
I put slider velocity intentionally to a challenging level as the bpm is quite slow and the difficulty stars for ranking criteria were hard to reach. Uh, and also I noticed slider velocity effects distance snap... But I think you're right, on [Insane] 3.00x velocity is a bit too high. EDIT: [Insane] has slider velocity 2.50x now.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.