forum

Streaming too long?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zaffer
So around a month ago I decided i wanted to practice streaming and stamina at lower BPM. So i did the various artist steaming practice maps and i started at around 170 and moved up when i FCed a map with 98% + acc. So one day as i was practicing it on the 180 bpm map, i after doing them for long enough my hand became sore. The next day i realized that my hand is still sore so i took it easy from osu! because i know it could be bad but wasnt sure. So after i didnt feel soreness i tried to play and i realized that my stamina and control got a lot worse to the point where i couldnt do 200 BPM short streams of like 10-15 notes. Also if i try to do the low BPM stream maps, i could feel a slight pinch in the middle of my hand and when i single tap i feel a little tingle there as well. Since then ive been taking it easy from osu!.

Has anyone else had a problem related to this and do you have any advice?
Ninonuko
It's fine... streaming speed and stamina won't come along without physical effort, so getting sore is normal, streaming speed and stamina needs constant practice and it gone fast, you almost get nothing if you take a break too often.
I'm also feel a slight pinch you're talking about, it's on the middle of my hand but most likely it's my vein moving around, it's bulging and I could see it moving when I stream. I ignore it, I keep going until I got 2 200bpm stream on my top ranks, nothing bad happened.
chainpullz
The streaming practice maps are literally only good for building stamina. Very few maps actually require the skill you are building from playing these. The issue with only practicing these maps is that there is 0 reading or aim involved. Since your stream accuracy and streaming in general is heavily reliant on the very first note of the stream it won't matter how much stamina you have if you can't read/aim the streams. If you're going to practice these maps make sure you supplement your practice with aim/reading maps of various bpm to avoid running into this. I recommend priti/akali/cassu2 maps for this since they tend to be pretty dense with lots of stream aim/reading required.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Zaffer wrote:

So around a month ago I decided i wanted to practice streaming and stamina at lower BPM. So i did the various artist steaming practice maps and i started at around 170 and moved up when i FCed a map with 98% + acc. So one day as i was practicing it on the 180 bpm map, i after doing them for long enough my hand became sore. The next day i realized that my hand is still sore so i took it easy from osu! because i know it could be bad but wasnt sure. So after i didnt feel soreness i tried to play and i realized that my stamina and control got a lot worse to the point where i couldnt do 200 BPM short streams of like 10-15 notes. Also if i try to do the low BPM stream maps, i could feel a slight pinch in the middle of my hand and when i single tap i feel a little tingle there as well. Since then ive been taking it easy from osu!.

Has anyone else had a problem related to this and do you have any advice?
I need 1-2 days break after a tryhard session playing maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/958098&m=1 to can play this streams without get stucked. Just playing low bpm maps while my muscles recover at all.
Maps like this are fucking god If you want to get better stamina https://osu.ppy.sh/b/955737?m=0
I really don't think any kinda hurt it's good. I spam maps totally over my skill and i play them doing 200% what i can and i don't feel any hurt. The times what i feel it was on my rigth hand for bad grip. Or a couple times on left arm because i had the arm really tense by bad possition. For me the hurt it's telling me I'm doing something wrong, be tired isn't the same.
I Give Up
Yes when you start learning streams you are not yet familiar with your own strength or good at timing. So naturally you will burn a lot of stamina which comes with pain and fatigue. Every good stream player has been there and done that.
Deusieus
i can't even do beyond 170 bpm lmao.