forum

[Archived] Possible rendering problem with long notes in mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tripletth
Problem Details:
I've noticed the heads and tails of long notes in osu!mania are rendered inconsistently. They seem to 'stick out' a bit in certain columns, as you can see in the screenshot below.
My skin has an identical image for mania-noteXH and mania-noteXL, which should mean LN's should appear as a straight bar. They seem to do, just not in columns 2, 3, 6 and 7 (7k). I find it hard to believe this is a problem in my skin, because columns 1, 3, 5 and 7 use the same images (mania-note1x) yet they render completely fine. Only in 3 and 7 are the head and tail a pixel off. This may not seem like much of a problem, but it is extremely noticeable when I'm focusing on notes falling down at high speeds.

I also find it odd that I haven't actually noticed it in my 300 hours of mania gameplay, but maybe it's just a 'can't unsee' kind of thing. I couldn't find anything related in the changelog though.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.3beta
Furrious

Tripletth wrote:

Problem Details:
I've noticed the heads and tails of long notes in osu!mania are rendered inconsistently. They seem to 'stick out' a bit in certain columns, as you can see in the screenshot below.
My skin has an identical image for mania-noteXH and mania-noteXL, which should mean LN's should appear as a straight bar. They seem to do, just not in columns 2, 3, 6 and 7 (7k). I find it hard to believe this is a problem in my skin, because columns 1, 3, 5 and 7 use the same images (mania-note1x) yet they render completely fine. Only in 3 and 7 are the head and tail a pixel off. This may not seem like much of a problem, but it is extremely noticeable when I'm focusing on notes falling down at high speeds.

I also find it odd that I haven't actually noticed it in my 300 hours of mania gameplay, but maybe it's just a 'can't unsee' kind of thing. I couldn't find anything related in the changelog though.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.3beta
Do you see this issue with the default mania skin?
I see what you are talking about, I play with a DDR skin with downward falling notes. And at times the renderer will cut the notes a bit. I changed my offset to correct this. But try it with default skin first, if that issue still occurs, try the offset.