forum

[Archived] Compatibility Mode Problem!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomtwentytoo
Backstory/issue:

So I was playing Osu! and I accedently clicked on "Compatibility mode" and it closed my game (Which is supoosed to). So i tried re-opening my game and it wouldn't open. After that, I went on and restarted my computer and I saw a window named "oh no!" which is an osu! window as a window preventing a restart before it fully restarted. After looking at it, a window popped up saying that it couldn't find the name of the "ICD OpenGL driver". After looking on the forums for a solution, I found one where you had to change the value of "CompatibilityContext" to 0. After doing that, I clicked on osu! and it ran the updater. However, after it "updated", I clicked on osu! and the game STILL wouldn't open... So then I decided to restart my computer again. Again, there was an "Oh no!" window in the windows preventing a restart list. Then, it STILL said that it couldn't find the name of the "ICD OpenGL driver". Then it ended up giving me a crash message... It's now a war between me and fixing osu! all because of Compatibility Mode. Please help!! :(

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/uxN2J55
"Cannot find name of the ICD OpenGL driver"

http://imgur.com/8Xp8Akh
Normal crash message

(Backgrounds are different because they change every minute.) <-- To prevent any confusion or concerns

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest)

EDIT:

I also tried repairing osu!, but it still would give me that message: "Cannot find the name of the OpenGL driver".

EDIT #2:

A computer restart doesn't work either...
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try changing Fullscreen to 0
Topic Starter
tomtwentytoo
By the way, what is a good program to edit .cfg files?
Lacrimosa

EndertomRBLX wrote:

By the way, what is a good program to edit .cfg files?
Note pad is good enough.
Topic Starter
tomtwentytoo
So I changed "CompatibilityContext" to 0 and "Fullscreen" to 0. Should I do a system restart and then it's fixed?
Lacrimosa

EndertomRBLX wrote:

So I changed "CompatibilityContext" to 0 and "Fullscreen" to 0. Should I do a system restart and then it's fixed?
Restarting the game should be enough, but sure you can do a system restart for the heck of it.
Dntm8kmeeatu
You should edit the file with the game closed, once you save the file, you need only simply start the game. (or try)
Topic Starter
tomtwentytoo
Omg. Thank you so much! I never could've done it without you! :)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Playing without Fullscreen is not recommended, as Windowed mode has forced DWM buffering, and can cause feeling of input delay.

If you are on Windows 7, you can disable the Windows Aero theme, and that will remove the DWM Buffering. But it is forced on Windows 8, and 10.